Author Topic: Film Art Gallery  (Read 144 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Film Art Gallery
« on: May 18, 2024, 09:05:08 PM »
Has anyone ever bought from these people? 

I mean, their pricing is x10 what it should be.  I know thieves when I see them, but this shop is definitely above the fray.  One example but I feel like every single posters of theirs could be an example, I bought this Blow Up poster a few weeks ago for $700, which I believe was already a stretch but it was folded so I had to go for it), and they are selling the exact same poster (linenbacked though... Yeah!!!) for $8k ( laugh1). 

I mean really????

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Film Art Gallery
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 06:12:44 PM »
I check the site when new arrivals go up as I like the owner's taste in posters, but yeah, I only window shop because of the dealer prices. Fair play if they can sell at those prices! I suppose if you have regular customers that trust you, shopping at emovieposter and then re-selling for a nice profit seems like a no brainer.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Film Art Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 06:30:59 PM »
Yeah, I actually think that dealers like this are detrimental to the hobby.  Cool website, but they give potential buyers a wrong idea of value, of what is fair and what is not.  If I was just starting in this hobby and bought my first poster at Film Art, only to realize that I paid 10x what it is worth later, I'd be pretty pissed and would probably never want to collect again.  Now I'm stuck with something I cannot even dream of reselling for anything close to the purchase price.  I understand people need to make money, but even greed has its limits.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)