Author Topic: HOW TO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 23083 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
On the main page, there has been for some time now a notice about how to register for APF.  I do the registrations manually because of those little fucking spambots.  I hate spam, and  I hate bots.  So when you put the two together I want to lurch on them even more.

Anyway, if you refer anyone to us and recommend they register, they need to send me an email at apfholiday at gmail dot com with the username they want.  I register them, the system sends them an email asking that they activate the account, and at that time they set their own password.

I hope this helps those who haven't seen this notice on the main forum page.

Holiday
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
I turned on registration for 24 hours, and about 80 fucking spambots registered.  I rejected them all of course, but for each one that registered, Thierry somehow got an email, and I think that's pretty damned funny.

Needless to say, self-registration has been disabled once again.  You have to email me to register.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Presuming you:

>> Have turned on the anti-spam feature in SMF? Configuration/Security and moderation/Anti-Spam. Turn on the CAPTCHA.

>> Are running the most up-to-date version (you are not, current version is 2.04)

>> Could turn on the double opt-in feature which requires the registrant to activate their registration: Members/Registration/Settings - choose Email Activation.

>> Testing the register to see if they are human: Get registrant to answer question: Configuration/Security and moderation/Anti-Spam. Set Number of verification questions user must answer OR Install Avatar Registration mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2182

David

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Ok, I'm about a step away from making you a mod, because this shit is all Greek to me.

I'll try to parse what you're saying over the weekend.  There definitely has got to be a better way.

H

Presuming you:

>> Have turned on the anti-spam feature in SMF? Configuration/Security and moderation/Anti-Spam. Turn on the CAPTCHA.

>> Are running the most up-to-date version (you are not, current version is 2.04)

>> Could turn on the double opt-in feature which requires the registrant to activate their registration: Members/Registration/Settings - choose Email Activation.

>> Testing the register to see if they are human: Get registrant to answer question: Configuration/Security and moderation/Anti-Spam. Set Number of verification questions user must answer OR Install Avatar Registration mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2182

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Presuming you:

Holiday heres an example of newest software and a puzzle captcha that stops those pesty bots in their tracks.
just click the "I accept the terms" button and the next page at the bottom is the free puzzle captcha.
hope it would make life easier and more members would join.

http://mczone.us/index.php?action=register

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Holiday heres an example of newest software and a puzzle captcha that stops those pesty bots in their tracks.
just click the "I accept the terms" button and the next page at the bottom is the free puzzle captcha.

You realise that using 'bump' is the most technical part of Holiday's IT knowledge...?
David

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
You realise that using 'bump' is the most technical part of Holiday's IT knowledge...?

yup but my master plan was getting you to offer help again :)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder

Never mind that I don't think anyone is interested in opening the flood gates to the masses.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
bump

;D
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
bump

You and Bruce, like peas from the same pod, excessive spruikers to the last.
David

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
You and Bruce, like peas from the same pod, excessive spruikers to the last.

You get that I bump this to keep it at the top so that people will see it more easily, right?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery