Author Topic: The Neverending Story (1984)  (Read 22708 times)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
The Neverending Story (1984)
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Interested in US 1-sheets, quad, and German. Danke!
(images borrowed from http://www.emovieposter.com/ - hope you don't mind, Bruce)

Witty signature goes here.

Charlie

Re: The Neverending Story (1984)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
I don't think Bruce minds if you host them yourself.  If I remember he had clarified this at one time...  I see you linked it directly from emovieposter.com 

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
Ah, ok. Thanks for that info.
I will correct the links as soon as I can.

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
Actually, judicious "hotlinking" on this forum only is OK.

But it only takes a few seconds to download them!

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »
Apologies, Bruce. Won't happen again.
Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to modify my original post to remove the links. Sorry.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Here is a couple of more, not too often seen, designs to add to your list Pratsch, if you like them.  If not, thats cool too but I figured I would make you aware if you had not seen them before.  I have them, but not for sale (sorry).

Romanian

Japanese B1 -- not sure if the B2 has the same design.  There is another Japanese design that I know comes in the B2 size.  Maybe one of our resident Japanese collectors (Holiday, Dale, etc) can chime in with the answer.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
I was not aware of those! Wow, very cool. Thanks!

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
Check Holiday's collection he has a couple Neverending Story posters from all over the world. The are a couple Japanese B2's, polish, east german, a couple german posters. I am not sure if he has a B1 I did not look that far through them. Here is the link to Holiday's collection. I hope he doesn't mind.
http://www.mypostercollection.com/

He has a ton of nice pieces in his collection.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »
The Neverending Story is one of my favorite 80s movies, and I agree, Holiday's collection on that title and in general is one of the best there is.  Good luck finding any of the posters he has up there.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »
Thanks for the link rdavey. I'll check them out.

The Neverending Story is also one of my favorites, T. The book is a great read as well. At this rate I'm hoping to just be able to find one of the ones I posted above (in my price range).

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 03:20:39 AM »
Be patient, and you should be able to.  Check Ebay regularly, avoid dealers, as long as you don't rush, you will find them at a reasonable price.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 03:36:46 AM »
Be patient, and you should be able to.  Check Ebay regularly, avoid dealers, as long as you don't rush, you will find them at a reasonable price.

T

Agreed. Besides, part of the thrill of collecting is the hunt, no?
Most of my ebay purchases are from your average joe. I always do my homework when necessary, so I'm pretty confident in my purchases (the exception was a Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone from MovieGoods back when the movie came out. That was a fail - inkjet special.)

Thanks for the advice.

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 03:51:45 AM »

T
happy1
That is great advice. I know when I first started collecting I did not have the patience that I do now. I would buy something thinking I wouldn't get it for cheaper and then what do you know I see it for less. But I guess that is part of the hobby. If you can't find one on eBay then just wait for Bruce's auctions they tend to pop up on there from time to time. But I wouldn't pay to much for this poster. If you can hold out you should be able to pick one up in your price range. Good Luck to you. Great movie and great book by the way. I think I will have to re-read the book again I have it packed away somewhere lol.

Bruce

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 06:02:37 AM »
You can see here how some people did SO MUCH better than others by trying over and over until they got one very cheap!

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/NEVERENDING%2520STORY/type/1sh/archive.html

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »
Trust me, Bruce. I make full use of your archive all the time.  thumbup

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
Be patient, and you should be able to.  Check Ebay regularly, avoid dealers, as long as you don't rush, you will find them at a reasonable price.

T

Please ignore the comment "avoid dealers". T lives in a different world to the rest, the fact is he is descended from a centuries old family of 'dealers' aka Art gallery owners, people who made money selling other people's art.

'Dealers' aren't the bogey man, 'dealers' are unlikely to pass on a venereal disease and many 'dealers' are avid collectors so are happy to discuss your habit with you and in many cases help advise you too. Sure, there are scoundrels out there (as there are is in in every walk of life) but the fact you are here (in this forum) will help further your education on who/what/where and when.

A dealer (whether he be full time or part time) has spent money buying the poster (costs that may include postage getting it, petrol picking it up, perhaps even Post Office box fees), they will then spend time and money advertising it (if they have their own website there are on going expenses), they also pay for the packaging, take it to the PO etc to then get it to you.

A dealer has the poster you are looking for, there is no waiting, no auction bidding war and generally no problems with their reputation (again, use this forum and other research) - you want the poster, you buy the poster you get the poster, the maths is the only thing you generally need worry about.

So sure, do your research and you should be good no matter where or from whom you buy from.

BTW - by definition a 'dealer' is someone who buys, sells AND/OR trades in a commodity - that probably makes almost everyone here (including T) a 'dealer' in some form or other
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:53:36 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 04:57:30 PM »
Hah, I know. I mean I buy almost exclusively from the most well known dealer out there. I think he goes by tloceposters.

laugh1 Of course, I am kidding.  ;)
Not sure if T meant it literally or figuratively, but the way I took it was to avoid over-priced items just to 'buy it now' in a rush from unscrupulous sellers, not to actually avoid an entire class of sellers. But maybe he did mean it the other way. Either way, patience will allow you to discover the market for an item and eventually find one that's just the right price, imho. I understand there is overhead for some sellers, and for others not so much. But in the end, like you said, it's the numbers that matter. I mean, I'm willing to spend more on an actual poster if the overall price (including shipping, taxes, etc) is less. Only makes sense, no?

And of course there are the slick-talking 'used car' dealers out there, but that's why I take my time. So far I've been very happy with the sellers I've dealt with and I've been on ebay since '99 (granted there was a lull in there, but still).

'dealers' are unlikely to pass on a venereal disease

Damn, if I ever catch a VD from a poster, I'm calling it quits.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »
laugh1 Of course, I am kidding.  ;)
Not sure if T meant it literally or figuratively, but the way I took it was to avoid over-priced items just to 'buy it now' in a rush from unscrupulous sellers, not to actually avoid an entire class of sellers. But maybe he did mean it the other way. Either way, patience will allow you to discover the market for an item and eventually find one that's just the right price, imho. I understand there is overhead for some sellers, and for others not so much. But in the end, like you said, it's the numbers that matter. I mean, I'm willing to spend more on an actual poster if the overall price (including shipping, taxes, etc) is less. Only makes sense, no?

This is probably one of the smartest comments I have read in quite some time.  Of course, I do buy from some dealers, but only after I've done scrupulous research and I know I will not be able to buy it somewhere else for less.  There is no reason to spend any more money than you have to.  I do my own research, I don't want anyone else to do it for me, and as a result, I pay less.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
Thanks for the kinds words.  It's one of my favorite movies too, and I pick up the posters when they are around.  I don't think I've ever seen a B1, though.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tDd-RFHgI1M" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tDd-RFHgI1M</a>

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
I cannot tell you how many times I listened to Limalh's song in 1984.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
Catchy track for a fun film.  thumbup

Charlie

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »

T

Well I made it 1:50 seconds before I vomited... I hate music from the eighties...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »

T

Lots of fun to listen to.

He still sounded good in 2011:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gL1hC7Vt6Hw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gL1hC7Vt6Hw</a>

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »
Well I made it 1:50 seconds before I vomited... I hate music from the eighties...

And we care, why?
My Personal Collection