Author Topic: Donnie Darko Directors Cut  (Read 4119 times)

the-jace

Donnie Darko Directors Cut
« on: August 24, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »
Hey all! I know a few of you from another forum we once frequented, good to see you all again! Virtually anyway lol

I've been after a Donnie Darko DS 1-sheet for a while now. Obviously the one to get is the bunny version, though it costs an arm and a leg. I have recently learned that there was a second Darko poster that was printed in double sided format, for the release of the Directors Cut. In years of searching on Evilbay I havnt come across any of these. Plenty of single-sided ones from moviegoods  :-\ and the like but no double sided.

From what I can tell, the Directors Cut of the film got an even smaller release theatrically than the original cut (if you can believe that!) Does anyone here have any idea how rare the DC poster is? Does anyone even have one? I actually like the design a bit better than that of the bunny, and I'm sure it would look fantastic in a lightbox but I digress :-)

Any info on numbers/rarity would be great!

Onward

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Donnie Darko Directors Cut
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
Welcome to your new poster forum.  Glad to have you here. 

Here are the 3 Donnie Darko posters I own, all DS.  I think you're talking about the 2nd one.  I didn't know it was rare, but then again, I got it when the movie came out.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »
hey T

the uk quad there is Single sided.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »
Right.  Sorry, I didn't check my records.  The other 2 are DS.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »
I got a fair number of them when the film hit theaters, still have 7, but honestly not looking to sell any of them right now. They could regularly be had in the 20-30 range not too long ago.

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »
I got a fair number of them when the film hit theaters, still have 7, but honestly not looking to sell any of them right now. They could regularly be had in the 20-30 range not too long ago.

Dale - you poster hoarder.  ;D

Cj

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
I kind of have a system here. 2 of everything go flat and are considered permanent lock down. The next 5 of everything get rolled and boxed for "some day", everything else is fair game. Occasionally I will pry something out the the stored boxes, but it doesn't happen too often right now.

Freefall

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »

LOL! I just bought 3 copies of DARK KNIGHT "WHY SO SERIOUS" DS because it was fairly cheap from this dealer. All originals too.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:51:50 AM »
LOL! I just bought 3 copies of DARK KNIGHT "WHY SO SERIOUS" DS because it was fairly cheap from this dealer. All originals too.

Another poster hoarder....sheesh...  hitself

the-jace

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
Eatbrie: I'm not 100% sure that it's rare, I've just never seen one until the one I just bought. And not for lack of looking for anything donnie darko and double sided...

and on that note:

Too bad about that Dale, I just spend double that to aquire the only one I've ever come across  :'( lol.

Oh well, easy come, easy go.  ;D

Onward