Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57861 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Steven Spielberg collection
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
Don't push it, Chris.  One is better than none.

Ok, ok...we'll ease into it but you've got an abysmal batting AVG. right now ;)
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Ok, ok...we'll ease into it but you've got an abysmal batting AVG. right now ;)

I'm actually pretty good at not displaying anything.  A friend of mine came to visit last week.  I told him that I collected movie posters.  He said that's cool.  Then I told him 8,000 of them.  His next questions were: "Where?  How?"  Even in my office, he still couldn't see anything.  Not a trace of collecting.  It helps being OCD.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Charlie

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2013, 08:55:17 PM »
What bout Goldmember...

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:58:47 PM by Charlie »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2013, 10:05:46 PM »
I'm actually pretty good at not displaying anything.  A friend of mine came to visit last week.  I told him that I collected movie posters.  He said that's cool.  Then I told him 8,000 of them.  His next questions were: "Where?  How?"  Even in my office, he still couldn't see anything.  Not a trace of collecting.  It helps being OCD.

T

So it's like a counter challenge - see how many posters you can accumulate in secret and file away in dark filing cabinets? 

You do know posters are a visual medium right?

Sorry...pushing it again ;)
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18:21 AM »
So it's like a counter challenge - see how many posters you can accumulate in secret and file away in dark filing cabinets? 

YES!!!  I actually like that A LOT!  How many posters can you own before your neighbor knows you're collecting.  Great challenge.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »
T, you are a madman.
God bless you and your mania.

D9M9TR9S

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »
Thierry,

:o 8)  I can't believe how much your collection has grown over the years!!!  Wow!  I've been checking out your page for over a month now and still haven't gone through them all.. It's good to be back

bed1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
Hmm...  Thanks, I guess, but I don't know who you are.

T
My Personal Collection

D9M9TR9S

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2013, 06:08:39 AM »
An old MPF member that just recently joined here.   ;) Sorry about that Eatbrie... PM sent

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 06:42:46 AM »
An old MPF member.

Good lord, old? I didn't realise they had members past puberty  :-[

(Joke, welcome)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

D9M9TR9S

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
lol Thanks Ari, good to see you here as well  ;D  Sorry for using the word "old", I definitely don't feel any older than I did 10 years ago!  :D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »
I saw this lenticular in a theater last week and it's quite spectacular.  A great scene from the movie.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
Witty signature goes here.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2013, 10:40:14 PM »
That's awesome T!  Would look great side by side with The Lost World lenticular. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
The Lost World is so freakin' thick.  Much thicker than the new JP.  I think I like the new one better too.  Maybe because it's new and I've owned the LW for close to 10 years now.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »
Does anyone know how much a lenticular costs to make (per print), and how many a studio releases (per movie)?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Well that was fast. 

Hell yeah it was! That seller owes me 10%!!! ;)
Would be nice to know if it was someone here (without high-jacking the thread).

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »
What are those Avatar lenticulars selling for now?  :-*
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
$460 on Bruce's...  But I don't think you can compare the two.  A static blue face vs the moving jaw of a T-Rex...  I never bothered with the Avatar lenticular because it is basically a better version of the OS.  This one is different.  It appeals to the little kid in each one of us.  Heck, I first started collecting dinosaurs when I was 6...  I've now come full circle.

T
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:11:09 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »
Congrats on that lenticular, T.  thumbup  Classic scene and it looks like it has great 3D effect.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »
Well that was fast. 

Is it a coincidence that it sold so quickly after my initial post?  Like Mike said, I wonder if one of our members got it, or maybe a l-urker, or if it has nothing to do with APF.
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:41 PM »
Congrats on that lenticular, T.  thumbup  Classic scene and it looks like it has great 3D effect.

Thanks.  Mine is not the one that just sold, though.  I got mine before.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:09 PM »

What are those Avatar lenticulars selling for now?  :-*

$460 on Bruce's...  

That one has the date on it, which isn't as cool as the one without it, IMO.  It has a cool 3D effect to it, that really can't be appreciated in a picture.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2013, 11:54:22 PM »
I saw this lenticular in a theater last week and it's quite spectacular.  A great scene from the movie.

T

Is the one in that pic yours T?
If so, how is it being held up? They're not so thick as to be able to stand on their own, are they?
I gotta try to see one in action.