Author Topic: Steven Spielberg Posters  (Read 57862 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Steven Spielberg collection
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »
No it's not.  It's actually from the auction that sold a few minutes after you posted it.  And yes, it's thick.  It weights more than 15 lbs.

T
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:02:55 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
No it's not.  It's actually from the auction that sold a few minutes after you posted it.

Doh! Sorry 'bout that.

And yes, it's thick.  It weights more than 15 lbs.

Holy cow! I had no idea! Are all lenticulars like that???
Witty signature goes here.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2013, 12:50:43 AM »
No.  Ring 2 can be rolled.  Lost World cannot.  I have 2 The Day After Tomorrow, one is super thick, the other one can be rolled.  So they can be printed different ways even for the same movie.  They look the same, though, so I don't really know what the difference is.  In general, I am not a big fan of lenticulars.  If I get them for free, like all the ones below, fine, but otherwise, not my thing.  Because of Spielberg, Jurassic Park is the first one I spent money on.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2013, 12:55:35 AM »
That's what I thought. I could've sworn the NBC lenticular was not thick like that.
Thanks so much for those examples. Very informative. I'm also curious at to why the different materials for the same end result.
Great addition for a Spielberg collection! thumbup

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
I have a Ring 2 lenticular that was rolled...I left it flattening for over a year and when I took it out to look at it, it sprung back into exactly the same rolled shape! :D I don't think that sucker will ever be flat again.

Love that new JP lenticular, it looks very dynamic, a great addition to the Spielberg vault, T.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Chris

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2013, 12:57:23 AM »

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2013, 01:00:52 AM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:01:36 AM by 50s »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »
That's what I thought. I could've sworn the NBC lenticular was not thick like that.
Thanks so much for those examples. Very informative. I'm also curious at to why the different materials for the same end result.
Great addition for a Spielberg collection! thumbup

Depends on which NBC lents your are talking about.  The original release ones are thick.  The 3D re-releases are the thin version.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
A year and 3 months later, I finally added another 100 posters to my Spielberg collection which now counts 1,100 posters connected to a single individual.  It's getting increasingly harder to find new gear.

Spielberg collection

T
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:08:08 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Bruce

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »
1,100 posters is truly awe-inspiring. But do you still need this?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:28:02 PM by eMoviePoster.com »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
Yes Bruce, there is always more.  I still need a bunch of them, and I know exactly which ones, but I'm not going to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get them.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:31 PM »
Which leads me to ask...  What would be the largest collection of posters anyone has ever acquired on a single individual, be it a movie star or a director?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
I placing my bet on 1100. :)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 05:17:52 AM »
Which leads me to ask...  What would be the largest collection of posters anyone has ever acquired on a single individual, be it a movie star or a director?

T

I have juts under 300 posters on Ray Chandler (counts lobby cards as 1 each, not a set as 1) and an additional 200 stills

T has more Spielberg than I have Chandler I'm sure.
he should have gotten one more item delivered this week at least, from personal knowledge

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
I have juts under 300 posters on Ray Chandler (counts lobby cards as 1 each, not a set as 1) and an additional 200 stills

T has more Spielberg than I have Chandler I'm sure.
he should have gotten one more item delivered this week at least, from personal knowledge

Ha!!!  Thanks Rich for making me count my sets...  I have 177 lobby card sets for a total of 1,526 cards on Spielberg. 

So that's a grand total of 2,449 items on SS.

And yes, I got your surprise and finally opened the package yesterday.  Very nice.  Thanks man.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2014, 12:32:39 AM »
Ha!!!  Thanks Rich for making me count my sets...  I have 177 lobby card sets for a total of 1,526 cards on Spielberg. 

So that's a grand total of 2,449 items on SS.

And yes, I got your surprise and finally opened the package yesterday.  Very nice.  Thanks man.

T

wanna buy an ET shirt I have signed by S.S. ?  lol its actually signed by his sister Sue Spielberg. Sue a family friend gifted it to my sister when she was little. shes 22 now and we finally told her it was forged by Sue instead of Steven lol. and she also just realized her autographed picture with Stevens signature is simply printed on the still. had us all cracking up tonight.

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2014, 06:42:13 AM »

T

I think that's an interesting question. I've always wondered how many posters some people may have for a single title. I think my highest is for 'Alice In Wonderland', not sure how many though.

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:08 PM »
I've always wondered how many posters some people may have for a single title.
I think I have about 25 outsiders posters

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2014, 02:37:12 AM »
Nice.  Please show them to us when you get a chance.  I only have 9 and 2 LC sets...  >:(

T
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:01:47 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

boxofficebrian

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »
Thierry-
Not sure if this would interest you, but figured I'd share it-

There's a one screen movie house (built in the 50s) within a stone's throw of my home.. It's called the Oaks and they've been doing a summer midnight film festival for years. Every year they make up some kind of posters and sell them...
This one was limited to 21 copies and I'm pretty sure they still have a few for sale at the theater (they're like $5 or $10 bucks.) LMK if you'd want one for your collection and I'll see if they have any left for you.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2014, 11:41:04 AM »
After all this time collecting Spielberg crap, pieces I have never seen before keep showing up at my door step, courtesy of my good buddy Matt.  Thanks again.

Hungarian 1941 (22x32in).

T
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:41:32 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »
Mighty kind of Dr. Matt to lead you to that one.  Really cool artwork for the film.  cool1

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2014, 08:51:01 PM »
After all this time collecting Spielberg crap, pieces I have never seen before keep showing up at my door step, courtesy of my good buddy Matt.  Thanks again.

Hungarian 1941 (22x32in).

T

Holy I dont know what to say!

Sweet poster T.

Matt has it going on.