Author Topic: Does "Dead Poets Society" one-sheet measure exactly 27x40 &are there 2 versions?  (Read 1302 times)

Bruce

We reply to EVERY email we receive, even if it is from someone who has not bought anything, and we will reply to repeated queries. It costs a lot to maintain this level of customer service, but we feel it is better advertising that full-color ads!

Here is one we recently received from someone who had sent us several questions:

"Do you guys happen to have an original rolled one-sheet for "Dead Poets Society" resting in your warehouse, I hope it shows up during the next rolled one-sheet auction.  My best friend is a teacher, and I don't know what it is about that poster in particular, but I've been unable to find a rolled original anywhere.  Very strange, but I know it must exist.  lol  Thanks, by the way, for all your help.  I'm new here, and you guys have been nothing but responsive, helpful, and incredibly informative.  This has already been a great experience and I've not won the first thing yet.  ;)"

Here's how I replied:

"Thanks for your very kind words! We really DO go to lots of extra effort, and we are glad to know that it is appreciated. It IS odd that that poster ("Dead Poets Society") is uncommon! We will have an example of the poster in our next "rolled one-sheet" auction that starts February 3rd. But we noticed that the poster measures 26 3/4" x 39 1/2", so we are going to check with experts to see if it should measure 27" x 40", and if so, we won't run the poster (there ARE some posters where all the known examples measure slightly undersized, so that does not mean there is necessarily something wrong with it, especially if people have only seen that slightly smaller poster)."

SO DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW FOR CERTAIN IF THIS POSTER ONLY MEASURES 27" x 40" (and is there one version with no blank borders and another with blank white borders)?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Offline Dan

• Hobbyist
  • Dan
    • Dan Rickard Photography
I had a known original before...it was serial numbered on the back.
I put my pants on the same way as you...one leg at a time!