Author Topic: harrykeaton  (Read 6940 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
harrykeaton
« on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:45 PM »
Anyone have experience with an ebay seller in the UK that goes by this name?  Personal name is Gary.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
Re: harrykeaton
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »
Did you have a problem with him or just trying to find out before you do business with him?

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »
I've dealt with him on several occassions...not had an issue yet.
Ves

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »
yea, i used to deal with him all the time. never had a problem.

easyenders

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:43:33 AM »
I got a load from him the early part of last year. Good prices, condition and packaging, although he wasn't the quickest at shipping.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »
I have had several dealings with him, and so far all Jollyfine.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
Keaton's good Holiday. I've received many nice items from him at fair prices~!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
I had a few good dealings with him, until he decided to change the price of a poster on me, a big no-no in my book.  So I will not buy from him anymore.  But what I got in the past was nice.  Too bad.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
"he decided to change the price of a poster on me"

Did he raise the price or lower it?

Bruce

qip

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 08:18:37 PM »
There was a poster that he didn't sell on Ebay.  I asked him if he would sell it to me off Ebay.  He said yes at the Ebay price.  Then he said he couldn't find it anymore.  A month later, he got more of it, and gave me a new price, which was 30% higher than the previous one.  He said that the item was in better condition than the one listed on Ebay (which already was supposed to be in perfect condition).  I sent him a polite email saying that I did not appreciate the price change, and we left it at that.  I then removed him from my sellers of choice.  No hard feelings, there are many other fish in the ocean.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:45 PM »
I had poster get damaged in shipping and he wasn't in a big hurry to get another out and acted like he didn't care much that it happened. I think I've only bought 1-3 posters from him. So 33% being not so fun to deal with. I do remember he didn't return emails very fast either.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, folks.  My situation is similar to Chad's.  I bought about 12 posters from him, and one tube came in, one tube did not.  I'm up against the deadline to file a paypal claim, and when I did, he freaks out and figures that I should pay him and that it's my problem if the posters get delivered, because he did his part by putting them in the mail (the Royal Mail, no less, more notorious than the US post office at losing and destroying shit).  I told him that when the posters get delivered, he gets paid and I release the paypal claim.  Suffice to say, he was a dick about it.

It seems the consensus here is that he's ok if you get your posters, but if you don't get them, or if they are damaged, he's not sympathetic.

I won't deal with him again.  He was that much of a dick.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:09 AM »
I went back to look at what my transaction was with him since everyone was posting about this seller. It was an IB Quad that I had bought off him. He acted like it was all the US mails fault that it got damaged. I argued that it doesn't matter if it was damaged in the UK or the US, it wasn't packaged properly and thats why the poster got damaged. I had to send several emails with pictures of all the damage because he wouldn't answer the emails. He ran the thing down to the very last few days of me being able to file a claim and I had a tube on my door step in the same kind of packaging the same day I was about to file the claim. I got lucky it survived. He made no attempt to use better packing or anything, just took another chance with his tube and he kept saying that they were indestructible. He said, "you can stand on these tubes and they won't break." 

1. I have the pictures that prove him wrong.
2. You don't have to break the tube to damage a poster. All you need is a small dent and it puts a crease down the poster every inch or two inches depending on the size of the roll. Which can be seen in the pics.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »
I know that feeling all to well.

I guess the moral of the tale is you don't know someone until things go wrong. I have emailed ebay seller "josephyoung" about my damaged Abbott & Costello poster, and still had no reply from him? Yet I have bought off him in the past and had no problems. Now there is a problem, he does'nt exist.
It's more than a Hobby...

Cinemania UK

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 05:13:16 AM »
thats a shame about that IB quad,i have never bought off HarryKeatons but as he is based in the midlands i enquired about a bulk lot of posters that he had at very good prices,and i asked if it was ok to drive over and pick them up,the answer i got was,it wasnt ok and he doesnt hold the stock & that its held elsewhere,but he could do me some great postage discounts.
Make of that what you will but some people like to see the posters they are buying in person       

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
Chad, that's exactly what he was fighting about with me - he said it was handed over the the US post office by the Royal Mail, and that it was no longer his responsibility.  Sorry, but NO.  I don't think he's a bad guy - there's a LOT worse out there - but he's not diligent.  Also, he's very testy.  If anything is said that he can take personally, he will.  As much as he had some nice posters at good prices, I won't suffer through another transaction with him again.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:18 AM »
This thread's been viewed 123 times just at this point.  If he only knew that his actions are costing him business, and that in the long run it's better for a seller to be gracious with the customers.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
I used to buy the odd quad from him but delivery times got longer and longer and replies to questions got ruder and ruder.
Never had anything damaged however.

He has been saying his sister was in hospital so perhaps some slack on the timelyness of delivery may be in order.

easyenders

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
I used to buy the odd quad from him but delivery times got longer and longer and replies to questions got ruder and ruder.
Never had anything damaged however.

He has been saying his sister was in hospital so perhaps some slack on the timelyness of delivery may be in order.

He's been in hospital.....He's sisters been in hospital......his next excuse will be following Lampard through the Englannd fucking midfield. How did I stumble on this thread, a bit like John Terry on his fucking boot ties.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »
I cant help but wonder if a lot of bad E-bay experiences are through re-sellers..its taken off big time here in Scotsland.

stew
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:16:54 PM by stewart boyle »