Author Topic: Avatar IMAX Special Edition  (Read 1323 times)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« on: January 01, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
I unfortunately didn't know about Dan's latest auction batch until after the gavel closed on two posters I would have bid on: the main one being the Avatar DS IMAX Special Edition, which sold for a heart-breaking $42 I think.  I would have probably gone up to at least $50 as I think this is the best art for the film.  Since I missed out on it, does a.) anyone have one for sale at a non-insane price, or b.) can clue me in on whether there were DS bootlegs printed?  I only ask because the ones I see on ebay are from relatively classicmovie_1900, who I think is related/the same person as a few other sellers I've seen with the same white-outline username in the picture of every poster they sell.  And it's the same picture I've seen in other auctions.

So all I'd like to really know is if it's a DS printing, is it legit?  Or should I hold out for another on down the line from a more reputable seller?

BTW this is the art and more specifically the pic I've seen on at least three different seller auctions:

Thanks!

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
Re: Avatar IMAX Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
This poster is legit,this international DS OS features this design too,no known DS bootlegs.