Author Topic: Pawn Stars movie poster  (Read 63824 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Pawn Stars movie poster
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »
Mine could do with some shrinking.
:p

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
Oops, in love of course.

Re chillies, me knowing what the weather is wont help, I can't choose another channel and get the weather I want ;)

And Steve. Hahahahaha wow. That's a nice shot of me, thanks.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:05 AM »
That was a premature appropriation Ari - nice work
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »

ay, no puedo... ..
..............de verdad..... laugh1

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
Steve, I was at the house of someone who was on the show Hoarders back in November. it was a real horror story. He had died 2 month earlier. When he was on Hoarders, they showed pictures of his full house that had so much paper in it, that he was literally living in the top 3 feet above the piles. When he died, the family started dumping stuff in the front yard - a pile 30 feet long & 3 feet high - to get stuff they wanted. By the time I was called in, 99.9% of everything was gone, but I still filled up the truck shown in the picture below. What was discarded by Hoarders and by the family was a crime against history. My friend (who was his friend) who called me to come up got comics & comic art, I got Big Little Books (more than ever seen in one spot), newspaper bound volumes as early as 1910, magazines, sheet music & loads of other material including newspaper from as early as 1800. The guy even had material stored on the roof under the eaves - it was insane! I could go on and on but I'll leave with just this, if everything had been kept for retrieval, I'd say they threw out well over a million $ worth of material.. and that.. was a crime.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2013, 02:59:11 PM »
I dont know where to mention this but I started watching tv in the past week after a longgg hiatus like years.
In the past days American Pickers, Hardcore Pawn, Pawn Stars show, well, they were quite good. I stooped and watched a back to back episode today of The Bachelor (yeah laugh) but I liked it, the cat fights  :o and some hot girls wearing not much.

What are all the crazy USA programs on tv though!  Today I watched:
- My Crazy Obsession feature an elderly couple with a sex toy collection (in total worth more $ than the house, countless dolls they bathed and whatevered), dressing them up and photographing them around town like one as a police officer and propped up outside a police station to photograph till the cop pulled up with siren angry, and a old guy who thought he was the president of USA and built himself an oval office replica in his house and a car with flags like JFK he drove in with his family and picked his kids up from school in.
- Operation Repo, I mean WTF... that big woman... anyway in 2 repros insane people pulled huge knives and were going crazy about there car being taken, and another came out of building from fleecing business for charity donations during the repro then tried to bribe the repro guy with that charity money...
- Gattor Boys and also Swamp People annoying the hell out of alligators or crocs and swimming in creeks with next to no visibility with a noose to grab them when face to face with the croc
- Rat B*stards... Ive never seen such big rats, like pigs with buck teeth, these guys were getting $10 a head to shoot them in swamps with guns that Rambo would have been proud of. There they were uncovering some foliage then rat-a-tat-tat it was like world war 3 sounding like machine gun fire shoot these things about 50 of them bouncing and exploding.
- Hoarders, my g*d why is there food slops on the floor and their rooms mountains of junk with no where to walk.
- Turtle man + now Jail is on... Jeez those people are not the full quid turning up at that police station

The past days I have seen even more US shows.  What happened to the Brady Bunch? I think I've seen too much, but some could be compulsive viewing (like American Pickers). Last night I watched a doco show about a guy a year or two ago who was a army vet I think, collected 50 tigers, lions... killed himself opened the cages and let them escape, probably hoping they go into the community. That was interesting, though I remember it in the news

So, I realised, there are more nut jobs out there, than me collecting these posters.

Steve.. a number of those shows are the ones i will flip on, too.. American Pickers.... the places and stuff they trip across is amazing, let alone that they are driving all over the country.

Pawn Stars--scripted but still has its moments.
Operation Repo.. a silly, scripted, re-enacted show, and WTF with that large woman with the blonde hair, black painted eyebrows and piercings..  eek! Notice, too, how no one EVER gets hurt, with all of the "anger" that is exemplified there?

Same with shows like Hardcore Pawn, which is shot in Detroit. Seems a bit more candid but it is all pre-planned with the wacky customers, outbursts, etc.

I've been a Hoarders watcher since season 1. A fascinating look into the minds of people who not only hoard, but like you said, live in filth, squalor, trash, old, rotting food etc, on top of what might be truly collectible. I recall one show in which the woman was a hoarder, BUT she hoarded and collected things of true value. She ended up making quite a bit of cash, for collections of various sorts that she finally decided to sell.

-Jeff

Offline Severen

• Hobbyist
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2013, 02:36:52 AM »
I saw Steve Carell on Leno tonight. During the interview he said that he is gonna be on an episode of Pawnstars. I guess someone brings in a piece of movie memorabilia from "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" and they call him in to authenticate it.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:55 AM »
I saw Steve Carell on Leno tonight. During the interview he said that he is gonna be on an episode of Pawnstars. I guess someone brings in a piece of movie memorabilia from "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" and they call him in to authenticate it.

obvious setup to get promotion for the movie

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

Seen the previews for this and it looks stupid as hell.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:55 PM »

I guess he's the best the show could get.  :P

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2016, 12:36:45 AM »
beats american pickers though, the taller skinnier one needs to be smacked in the face with a pick axe.

For sure. Mike is totally annoying ~~~ Big time.

Tho an axe does sound a bit harsh.. and painful, too.  devil 2

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2016, 12:50:45 AM »
what are they doing since Chumley was arrested I wonder...

-------

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2016, 11:02:32 AM »

Hello everyone.

I will be on the show several times next year in 2017 authenticating and appraising posters for the shop. I do not know yet exactly when the episodes will be shown. After they air I'll be glad to try and answer any questions.

Happy holidays :)

Dave

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »
That is awesome Dave. Hope you had a good time there. The American Pickers need your help as wel lol. Look forward to seeing the shows.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
That is awesome Dave. Hope you had a good time there. The American Pickers need your help as wel lol. Look forward to seeing the shows.

Pickers called me up a few weeks back to do an appraisal by phone for the guys who were looking at some stuff at that moment. (political drawings)

you won't see me on camera, but my name will be in the credits

-------

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
Hello everyone.

I will be on the show several times next year in 2017 authenticating and appraising posters for the shop. I do not know yet exactly when the episodes will be shown. After they air I'll be glad to try and answer any questions.

Dave

Awesome!  thumbsup.gif

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »
Hello everyone.

Dave

Congratulations on scoring that gig. Sounds like it will be interesting.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2016, 12:30:54 AM »
Congrats to both of you!!!
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2016, 01:41:38 AM »
I think they picked the right dealer for providing eye watering valuations ;-)

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2016, 03:25:42 AM »
I know someone who will be jealous ;P
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2016, 11:41:17 AM »
Well done to both of you.

Will keep a look out for you when the show airs in the U.K.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
if I knew the episode/s were on I would, but I cannot watch these shows. those people are all aliens.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
Hello everyone.

Dave

Congratulations, Dave.
I look forward to seeing them.
 cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »
Pickers called me up a few weeks back to do an appraisal by phone for the guys who were looking at some stuff at that moment. (political drawings)

you won't see me on camera, but my name will be in the credits

Any idea when this episode will air?

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
I was looking through some old photos in my phone, and saw this shot of my TV, from an episode of Pawn Stars in October, 2016. 

A guy brought in a framed Revenge of the Jedi, that had a lot of waves/ripples throughout it.  You can see it in the back of this screenshot.  He was asking more than the pawn stars were willing to pay, and they did not make a deal.

Kinda surprising that they got the info. that messed up, eh?

PS: for all the aspiring poster studs who don't know about the Revenge of the Jedi poster:
http://www.theforce.net/collecting/posters/rotj/advance.asp
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:35:44 PM by Neo »