Author Topic: FOR SALE POSTINGS - YOU BETTER READ THIS BEFORE POSTING  (Read 48443 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
FOR SALE POSTINGS - YOU BETTER READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
« on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
In case any of you didn't realize this, I'm Holiday. Thierry (Eatbrie) and I own this board.  We get to make some rules from time to time, without consulting everyone.  We've been fair.  We've been compassionate!  And, I believe, we run a nice board that everyone enjoys.

It's time for a new rule.  Here it is:

If you are going to post items for sale anywhere on APF, you must either post a picture of the item for sale, or you must link to a page or pages which contain pictures of the items for sale.

I am tired of seeing listings without pictures of the items for sale.  I like pictures. Me no likie words.  Me want pictures!

And, if you don't follow this new rule, the admins will delete the posting without further comment.

If anyone has an issue with this new rule, pray on it.  Meditate.  The answers will come....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:17:00 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
AND ONE MORE THING...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »
For all the postings that are up right now that do not comply with this new rule, you have 24 hours to post your pictures or your links to pictures.   After that, all non-compliant postings will be deleted.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Bruce

Re: FOR SALE POSTINGS - YOU BETTER READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
Does this apply to south of the border items? No pics, no lists?

:'( eyeroll :o :'( eyeroll :o :'( eyeroll :o :'( eyeroll :o

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: AND ONE MORE THING...
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 08:37:58 PM »
For all the postings that are up right now that do not comply with this new rule, you have 24 hours to post your pictures or your links to pictures.   After that, all non-compliant postings will be deleted.

Maybe all the violators will "self deport" themselves from the forum  ;D

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
If say for example, one or more members continually violate this rule, will they be banned? Don't care either way, just curious.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Charlie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
Funny both charaters involved currently or have posted w/o pics... however sometimes a list is a good starting point...

What about saying I have list PM me... pics upon request...  the mexican paper dealer did send me pics upon request... 

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Funny both charaters involved currently or have posted w/o pics...

I presume you are referring to me, quite obvious, no analysis required: it wasn't a rule before so it can't be considered 'funny' that I had posted w/o pics
David

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
I don't mind lists myself, for the most part I'll know what it looks like anyway, or for the Mexicans I don't care, unless he has hell drivers, which so far he hasn't answered.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:03:20 PM by Ari »
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
Silhouette links to pics, which is fine.  As long as you can either see pics in the posting or get to pics through a link in the posting, that's fine.

For instance, I don't expect Bruce to post pics of his auctions.  He drops a link and it takes you there to what's for sale.

Silhouette includes links to what he has listed elsewhere with pics.

And yes, Posterazzi does not pass muster because he has no pictures in the postings, nor does he link to somewhere else that has pics.  He's not the only one who's done it, but most have enough sense to include pics if for no other reason that it results in higher sales.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 11:59:06 PM »
If say for example, one or more members continually violate this rule, will they be banned? Don't care either way, just curious.

Nope, no banning.  But, the post will be deleted.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »
Funny both charaters involved currently or have posted w/o pics... however sometimes a list is a good starting point...

What about saying I have list PM me... pics upon request...  the mexican paper dealer did send me pics upon request... 

Nope.  Need to either include pics in the post or link to a page that has those pics.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 12:09:01 AM »
I don't mind lists myself,

They give me a headache.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
I am lucky as my collecting is so specific, so lists work fine for me, I can just skim read. If I see pictures I might be tempted if something I don't really collect looks good tough.

Mexicano man does sometimes posts links to images. Picassoweb or something.

An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 12:55:04 AM »
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »
The rules are too loose we should tighten them up so there is no confusion, no misunderstanding and certainly no grey areas: just ban anyone selling Mexican Lobby Cards who goes under the name of Posterazzi (probably formally known as Gary Silver, of San Diego) and who can be PROVEN to be a spammer.

Works for me.
David

guest8

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
I don't mind either way, I'm just posing a question .. Many of us have somewhat large collections and may not necessarily want to pull out 50+ posters, then photograph them and then place them back into storage. All on the chance that someone might buy one. Do they have to be pics of that actual poster or can they be stock pics for reference and then if there is an interested buyer, one would be motivated enough to pull it out for actual pics.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
Even Bruce doesn't provide pictures of every poster up for auction.  Bulk lots, large LC and still sets.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »
We always provide either a photo of everything or some photos and a full list.

On lots of hundreds of one-sheets, it would take forever for the auction to load if it had images of everything.

Whenever we have one item, or eight or less items in a lot, we ALWAYS picture all. With more than eight we use our judgement but what isn't pictured is always listed.

Bruce

posterazzi

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
We can start with 5000 JPGs.

There's another 450,000 pics on CD.

CATALOG:  VIEW 145 LISTS & 5,000 sample JPGS:
##################################################

http://posterazzi.blogspot.com

http://picasaweb.google.com/posterazzi

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=posterazzi&p=v

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 03:41:58 PM »
You're missing the point.  If you post a for sale list of 50 items, you either need to post the pictures of those 50 items, or you need to link to a page with those 50 items AND ONLY those 50 items.

I'm not going to plow through 5000 pictures just to find the stuff you have for sale.

If you don't want to do this, that's fine, but then feel free to stop posting for-sale listings on this site.

One of the great things about this site is that Thierry and I don't get paid by anyone to run it, and we don't make a dime from advertising revenue or anything of the sort.  So, we are beholden to NO ONE, especially anyone who is trying to sell their wares here.

You would do well to make friends instead of pissing everyone off.

CATALOG:  VIEW 145 LISTS & 5,000 sample JPGS:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:48:28 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »
I don't mind either way, I'm just posing a question .. Many of us have somewhat large collections and may not necessarily want to pull out 50+ posters, then photograph them and then place them back into storage. All on the chance that someone might buy one. Do they have to be pics of that actual poster or can they be stock pics for reference and then if there is an interested buyer, one would be motivated enough to pull it out for actual pics.

Even stock pics would be ok.  At least I can see exactly what's being sold.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 04:14:21 PM »
I think this is a good rule - the provision of at least a link should be mandatory.
We all know what showing no link or images can lead to ...  rofl1
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:15:02 PM by bondposters.com »
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
I think this is a good rule - the provision of at least a link should be mandatory.

Holy crap!  That's funny.  I'd forgotten about THAT whole "show me the pictures" mess!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »

clap
Chris

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »
I have gone through all of Posterazzi's listings, and I have removed only two that I feel do not comply.  The large majority of Posterazzi's postings do link to an image gallery that contains the posters he's listed, and if it's a large gallery, I see that the links actually point to a particular poster or card in the gallery to get you started.

Here's a few suggestions for those concerned.

Posterazzi:  Don't post so much.  Obviously, it's annoying some people.  While you may not care about that, I respectfully submit that you should if you want to keep a good name for yourself.  When you do, make sure you include images or link to the images in your listing, as you do most of the time already.

Silhouette:  Chill out a bit.  Frankly, when I was going through Posterazzi's listings, he actually posts less that most of the other sellers on the forum.  Bruce and Rich post far more than he does, we're not complaining about them.  I know you think Posterazz's a spammer, but frankly, I don't see it.  Is there any difference if one of the other sellers posts to any number of forums and boards to sell their wares?  I don't think so.  And, I will make this observation - you've run at Posterazzi pretty hard, and he's (he?  she?) has taken it in stride and has been very subdued in response.  Had you directed your words at Rich, you would have been hit with a nuclear bomb by now.

Of course, you all will do what you do, but I'm just trying to give you some perspective here.

H

CATALOG:  VIEW 145 LISTS & 5,000 sample JPGS:

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery