Author Topic: Posterazzi - Low Cash Hustler  (Read 5902 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Posterazzi - Low Cash Hustler
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
Hey, mods & forum owners.  Would y'all please shut down Posterazzi?  He's creating a new thread DAILY to sell his crappy Mexican lobby cards. Nobody wants that junk and he's abusing the selling privilege.  This board is primarily for collectors, not low cash hustlers.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Posterazzi - Low Cash Hustler
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
I can't say that we're primarily for collectors.  We're actually not for anyone, but rather for everyone.  Wow... that's deep....  puke2

More to the point, I took a general look at how other dealers post for-sale items.  They are posted in the Dealer's forum and in the for-sale section where they belong.  So far, Posterazzi hasn't surpassed the #1 poster in the Dealer's forum, which is Bruce.  No one's complained about Bruce posting there, and I don't think it would be fair to single out Posterazzi, even though I agree that those Mexican lobby cards do indeed suck ass.

Same holds true moreso in the for-sale section.  He's only got a few postings there.  

I can't say that he's become a troll and if he did, we would moderate his troll-ness as we would with anyone else. But, no one has even come close to that so far.

I do think this thread, though, will send the right signal that a bajillion postings of shitty Mexican lobby cards is going to annoy people.  Even more, I personally can't stand for-sale posts like that which have no pictures and lots of words.  I like pictures.  I did when I was a kid and I still do.  

I tend to agree with Justice Brennan's concept of the marketplace of ideas.  Not everyone's speech is welcome, but then again, the marketplace of ideas will allow everyone their say such that some people may consider taking their wares elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:50:26 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
Agreed, while I a still don't understand the posts, he doesn't do anything wrong, unless you are morally upset by RIP. FS. Posts.

I also think that sellers that contribute to the regular forums and threads always come out better, people who only post for sale won't make many sales IMHO. Anyway he is harmless, just don't read.
I don't, unless I see a reply and go have a look for whatever joke someone has posted, or if I am feeling funny or grumpy and feel like replying myself.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
Mel do I understand you are annoyed at his posts but how come you want someone banned who is not doing anything illegal yet you'd be fine if Loce signed up and posted in this forum?

Personally I do agree his posts are annoying because I used to get caught reading them when looking for unread posts but I've trained myself to look at the author's name when looking at the unread posts - I don't click his anymore. That said, perhaps I wouldn't mind his posts so much if he contributed to some of the discussions in the forum.

And I agree with my esteemed colleague from the East who posted before me, most sellers contribute here too...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:23:22 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
When I saw the title of this topic, I thought it meant he has a Mexican lobby card for sale for The Hustler (1961).  :P

One of the funnest parts about collecting stuff is finding diamonds in the rough.  Considering how many the guy has, there must be some cool ones for sale, right?

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
I'm from the west.

Anyways, I so like some Mexican cards, and agree with HHR there should be images, sometimes there's links, but mostly there should be prices, and even more, the prices should be reasonable, not buy a thousand for ten bucks each dealer special rubbish, a buck a piece for a thousand is too much, really.

Anyways, apparently he makes money so someone somewhere supports him.

Good luck to the fella, just wish the posts made sense.
An Error Has Occurred!

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »
Since I auction 10 or 100 times what anyone else does, is it odd that I have more "For Auction" posts than anyone else? I sure don't have ten times or 100 times as many as I would if I posted about them as often as some do (on a percentage basis).

I post once when each of my sets of auctions are ending, and sometimes post a second time right at the end (or right at the beginning) if I think something is special. And I am one of the few who DO regularly post on all sorts of non-selling topics.

There is a current thread called "New to the Forums/Hobby and have some questions." and I never even posted on it, even though others who auction did.

Just tell me the rules and I will follow them.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »
Nobody complained about you or your posts Bruce, you might have misread.
An Error Has Occurred!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
The guy INFESTS these forums.

Go to MOPO and run a search for "rodxmorgan."  Half the posts are from him!  31 "for sale" posts in the last month!

There was talk on banning him from MOPO but nothing has happened yet:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mopo-l@listserv.american.edu/msg53114.html

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:58:18 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:57 PM »
If he would sell the stuff for a reasonable price that is one thing, but the for sale with pricing that no sane person would spend, is a waste of 2 seconds glancing at who posted last in that topic.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »
Not that I have any say here, but I would be wary of banning someone who obeys all rules, but is merely annoying. If that happened, I personally would be worried about my status ;)
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
I'm from the west.

You're east of me at this time

Go to MOPO and run a search for "rodxmorgan."  Half the posts are from him!  31 "for sale" posts in the last month!

There was talk on banning him from MOPO but nothing has happened yet:

The best thing about MoPo is you can configure it so his posts/emails don't get through. Which I do.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:11:41 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
I personally would be worried about my status ;)

The talks are still ongoing.  :D

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 10:37:44 PM »
Oh dear
An Error Has Occurred!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

What do you do?

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »
Haha, Oh Boy!

Personally I infect these forums, infect them with happiness and good old fashioned love.

Oh wait, that's my southern swingers group,

Carry on.
An Error Has Occurred!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »

Name: Dread_Pirate_Mel

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 11:47:49 PM »
Bruce, absolutely no aspersion was meant. We love you!  Carry on.

Since I auction 10 or 100 times what anyone else does, is it odd that I have more "For Auction" posts than anyone else? I sure don't have ten times or 100 times as many as I would if I posted about them as often as some do (on a percentage basis).

I post once when each of my sets of auctions are ending, and sometimes post a second time right at the end (or right at the beginning) if I think something is special. And I am one of the few who DO regularly post on all sorts of non-selling topics.

There is a current thread called "New to the Forums/Hobby and have some questions." and I never even posted on it, even though others who auction did.

Just tell me the rules and I will follow them.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »
No banning will occur.  We have never banned anyone, nor do I think we will ever get to that point.  Not even that cocksucker Cockring was banned after ripping me off, and I own the place (though I must admit that at first I wanted to, but everyone here dissuaded me (rightfully) from doing so).

Not that I have any say here, but I would be wary of banning someone who obeys all rules, but is merely annoying. If that happened, I personally would be worried about my status ;)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 11:52:29 PM »
Name: Dread_Pirate_Mel

Damn I am not winning, time for some heavy posting.
An Error Has Occurred!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 12:12:59 AM »
Thought you were studying?
I have suspicions that's West Aussie talk for beachcombing!

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 12:23:50 AM »

I don't, unless I see a reply and go have a look for whatever joke someone has posted, or if I am feeling funny or grumpy and feel like replying myself.

I do exactly this. Sadly, he doesn't reply...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
Thought you were studying?
I have suspicions that's West Aussie talk for beachcombing!

Study starts November, and I hate the beach, although I did go last week.

Op shop combing, I will admit to.

I figure if you took away my time off in hospital etc then I would beat Mel in posts, and I also think if you counted off topic waste of time who gives a shit posts I would beat Mexicano rod and Mel multiplied.
An Error Has Occurred!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »

I figure if you took away my time off in hospital etc then I would beat Mel in posts, and I also think if you counted off topic waste of time who gives a shit posts I would beat Mexicano rod and Mel multiplied.

OK. Here's your prize >>>
Mel to ship the helicopter hat by priority mail.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 01:16:13 AM »
Great ill frame it next to my Kramer vs Kramer daybill. See you soon Mel.
An Error Has Occurred!