Author Topic: Never Say Never Again PSO 1 Sheet - Further to Bruce's request for more info.  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Further to the release of the 50 Years of Bond Posters book, someone seemed to offer some good sounding information as to the origins of this poster.  This poster has its own title logo that doesn't bear any relationship to the wavey one more commonly seen.  Currently, when for sale on EMP, Bruce asks for more information.  As below.

I have linked the thread, and copied the pertinent bits of information.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/61878-new-poster-book-worth-it/page__st__30

"The PSO/NSNA question is indeed as Zen suspects: PSO was the international sales organization for the film and they had designed their own artwork for the film that local distributors could use in case they were not going to design their own local art. In Benelux e.g., the Belgian distributor used the design and based their own local (small) poster on it but in Holland -a different distributor- simply ordered an x number of these international one sheets and shipped them into theatres. "

"I don't they'll get any complaints from PSO as that is no longer in existance: In its final years of existence, PSO briefly became a full-fledged production company, financing films such as The Neverending Story (with Warner Bros. Pictures), Das Boot (withColumbia Pictures), Fire and Ice (with 20th Century-Fox), Flight of the Navigator (with Disney) and Short Circuit and 8 Million Ways to Die (with Tri-Star Pictures).
Despite releasing many successful films, PSO ended up running into financial problems and was forced into bankruptcy in 1986, effectively ending the company.[7] The assets of PSO were sold to Vestron Pictures, its home video output partner.
A year after PSO ended, Damon founded a new company, with Peter Guber and Jon Peters, called Vision International.[1]
PSO is known today as Lions Gate Entertainment, which handles some ancillary rights to the former PSO library.

As NSNA Rights are now with MGM, they're probably fine... "

Bruce

I am dense in this case, but you are saying it IS an international U.S. one-sheet that was used by a Holland distributor? If not, where was it printed?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
From the below, it appears to be an International 1 Sheet printed in Holland for use wherever.  Which I know is not the usual way to do things, but then a nothing about this film is usual.

I can check though.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Apparently not.

"It was internationally printed (US, UK, whatever) and on order from the sales agent to the international distributors, just like they could order their 35mm prints and trailers or press stills or other ad/pub materials."

Hope this helps Bruce.

Bruce

Thanks Simon!