Author Topic: The Vinyl OST thread  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
The Vinyl OST thread
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
I seem to remember a bit of a thread on Vinyl Original Soundtracks, but I can't find it. Anyway, anyone collect? I remember Charlie posting some of his collection. I've just started a meagre collection, I have about 6 titles, ha ha! I think I might start trawling ebay for more though, in my OCD collector's mind, it's a bit of an extension of film poster collecting in that I love films and the artwork surrounding them.

In case it's of interest to Hammer folk, Death Waltz Records have just signed a deal with Hammer and are starting with 'The Devil Rides Out'
http://www.deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/hammer-films-death-waltz-announce-partnership/

Charlie

Re: The Vinyl OST thread
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,3869.0.html

It was in Movie Talk...  If a mod wants to move it, it probably would go in this area...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:10:49 PM by Charlie »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
Mondo is releasing a vinyl OST for Poltergeist tomorrow. Not sure how many still have turntables, but the nostalgic aspect is cool.

But this is one uninspired record cover, IMO.  uhno

It almost appears like a quick afterthought, to just get something done.

It looks like the coffins were sprayed on with a stencil. And the sky flicks were done with a sputtering can of white spray paint.

-Jeff

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:17 PM »

Stew

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
I just started getting into vinyl. My first purchase thus far, not a soundtrack but I couldn't resist.

Granted it was a complete failure for her but I'm an MM enthusiast, and the two tracks actually aren't THAT bad.  Anyhow sound quality and just overall coolness factor has me sold on vinyl.  I'm selling my CD's, and going vinyl.