Author Topic: Looking for sturdy Poster Tubes in UK/Ireland  (Read 6175 times)

guest158

Looking for sturdy Poster Tubes in UK/Ireland
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:14:09 PM »
Hi,
does anyone know a good place to buy approx 100 poster tubes in the UK or Ireland, Strong tubes
that don't dent easily??

I tried Yazoomills and they don't ship overseas.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Noel

LuboCZ

Re: Looking for sturdy Poster Tubes in UK/Ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:38:30 AM »
Hi there,
I donīt know personally but I received shipment from picturetrader (UK) a few weeks ago and he is using perfect extremely strong tubes. In fact it is not a tube like you are probably used to - it is some kind of industrial or building polypipe. No idea about prices but it is unbreakable. According to the other topic he is supposed to spend some time in hospital so hope he is able to give you an answer before he goes there. Try pm him.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
I use PVC plumbing pipe which can be purchased at any hardware store.  It cannot be dented and the only way I could see a poster being damaged is if you dont pad the ends sufficiently.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Carson

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:27:01 AM »
Plastic tubing rules and so does Graeme (picturetrader). He's an outstanding seller and uniquely efficient shipper.

Like Schan, I also frequently use plastic tubing (called PVC in U.S.). If you know where to find thin-walled plastic tubing it's actually easier and less expensive, in my experience, than buying traditional cardboard tubes in bulk. The trick is using thin-walled plastic tubing not thick walled. Thick-walled tubing is heavier, costlier and overkill.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:10:01 AM »
yeah, the thick walled stuff is costly to ship and a pain in the ass to cut.  Oh, and buy the appropriate size end caps.  it may cost a bit more to ship, but cutting circles sucks, and the pvc caps are more waterproof.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest158

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:43 AM »
Thanks all,
Thin walled plastic tubing is the way to go!

Cheers

Noel

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
Thin wall for sure on shipping. I only use the thick wall for personal storage with nice strong end caps that seal off air tight to make it more waterproof as Schan mentioned.