Author Topic: Mannheim, Metropolis and manipulation  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
Mannheim, Metropolis and manipulation
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:41:13 AM »
".....This stream of evidence that has been filtering through my lens of perception has left some nagging questions...

Hopefully and fitfully someone can indeed answer...there is no pleasure here..just concern"

#1..10. On May 20, [2011], at the specific instruction of Grey Smith of Heritage Auctions, Inc. (“Heritage”) wired $125,000 to the Debtor’s (undisclosed) Canadian Bank Account with the Bank of Nova Scotia ending account # 6925 as an advance on the consignment sale. Heritage on the same day also wired $50,000 to the Debtor’s local Chase Account ending in 429. Attached as Exhibit “C” are copies of the correspondence directing the wire transfers and the wire transfers from Heritage.

ME...."If this is indeed true...is this standard practice?"

#2...12. The Heritage Auction #7040 included the sale of the following valuable assets with the included buyer’s premium.

This Island Earth Insert                     $ 896.25
     Ghost of Frankenstein Insert             $ 7,170.00
     Werewolf of London [insert]             $47,800.00
     Phantom of the Opera [1943 insert]  $ 1,804.45
     Invaders From Mars [1953 1-sheet] $ 1,792.50

19. In reality, however, the Debtor had obtained the unwitting help of (identity upheld),  to complete his fraudulent scheme to defeat a secured judgment lien held by Robert C. Mannheim –by transferring $125,000 out of the country and $50,000 to a local bank account – and later the same money and assets were concealed from the bankruptcy estate while Debtor retained ownership of the purportedly sold items.

20. At the Debtor’s specific request, (******) agreed to bid on and purchase several of the Debtor’s most valuable items being sold through the Heritage July 11, 2011 auction; then, Debtor would directly or indirectly pay for these items; and, finally, (*****) would return the items to Debtor.[fn]

[fn] The Debtor’s true intent of attempting to conceal assets from Movant, and ultimately from this Court and this Chapter 7 Trustee, by way of orchestrating a false sale, were apparently unknown at the time to (*****) who was only helping a friend.

21. As set out in the email chain between the Debtor and (****) attached as Exhibit “A” to the separately filed  Declaration, (****) specifically purchased the following five items for the Debtor, from the Heritage July 22, 2011 Auction. A redacted copy of the invoice from that auction is attached to  as Exhibit “B” identifying these items and their purchase price:

This Island Earth Insert                     $ 896.25
     Ghost of Frankenstein Insert             $ 7,170.00
     Werewolf of London [insert]             $47,800.00
     Phantom of the Opera [1943 insert]  $ 1,804.45
     Invaders From Mars [1953 1-sheet] $ 1,792.50

ME...."All of this seems strange ..did the exchanges of assets in this matter seem dubious to those involved...?????

MORE ME..."The most unfortunate part is that the claim filed within the State of California implicates that the business it has retained as council to the trustee, is the exact business that allegedly aided in the post-bankruptcy sale that aided in the further implication in law breaking by Ken Schacter...is this a quagmire or is/can this be viewed as accessory???"

The topping on the cake seems to be that Mannheim was less than visibly concerned for 4 years until all these balls starting rolling simultaneously !!!

Am i missing something here??
Tait

Charlie

Re: Mannheim, Metropolis and manipulation
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »
Didn't a certain person on this forum buy the Werewolf of London insert?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:44 PM »
Didn't a certain person on this forum buy the Werewolf of London insert?

And the postings on the various forums seem to suggest it was actually given back to Schacter???
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
A number of collectors have asked me privately why I have made no comment about the latest unfortunate developments in the poster hobby.

I have thought long and hard about this, and although I have strong feelings about the importance of honesty and integrity in our hobby, I have no personal knowledge about the facts of the case in question that might allow me to contribute anything of value to the discussion. Our hobby has weathered a serious counterfeiting problem over the past few years, and we will also come through these latest developments as well, whatever the facts may be.

Instead of commenting on situations that are beyond my control, I will concentrate on improving eMoviePoster.com in every way possible. My goal is to ensure that eMoviePoster.com continues to be a premier place to acquire vintage movie posters at auction with complete safety and confidence.