Author Topic: 2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA  (Read 17167 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:43:53 AM by brude »

Charlie

Re: 2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
Man if conservatives didn't already look like cry babies now they have to make a fictional movie to attempt to get their way... Children! Ted is this really the group you want leading your country? 

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »
I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it uses the President's own book (and audio), "Dreams From My Father" as a basis -- along with d'Souza's best-seller "The Roots of Obama's Rage."

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 02:51:53 PM by brude »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
Man if conservatives didn't already look like cry babies now they have to make a fictional movie to attempt to get their way... Children! Ted is this really the group you want leading your country? 

I assume that it is ok for Michael Moore to make fiction though?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
OK< what kind of crap is this??  Are you fucking kidding me?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
This film is getting quite a bit of traction.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/anti-obama-film-blows-out-box-office/

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
Maybe a more rational (i.e. not some right-wing wing nut blog) review is needed:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/movies/2016-obamas-america,1230760/critic-review.html

Offline brude

• Post-aholic

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »
Maybe a more rational (i.e. not some right-wing wing nut blog) review is needed:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/movies/2016-obamas-america,1230760/critic-review.html

The Wpost is a left-wing rag.

26 reviews here...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2247692/

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
The Wpost is a left-wing rag.

26 reviews here...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2247692/

Whatever, I don't need to read reviews about this trash, just like you don't want to read anything concerning any Michael Moore movies.  If you REALLY believe the shit Dinesh D'Souza has been writing about for years, then I feel sorry for you.  He is just a right-wing muckraker, who comes around when someone who is in office they don't agree with, and comes up with some bullshit like this which talks right to the people who hate Obama.  It's all about making $$$$ when the time is right by duping the agreeing set.  The left-wing has the same parasites too who serve up the shit too, so I'm not partisan when it comes to crap like this. 

If you really think Obama is trying to destroy the US by his policies, no one is going to turn your opinion.  You're a hater, as much as I was a Bush hater and think that fuck up did more to injure America's reputation than any administration ever.

Charlie

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
From the review: It’s a textbook example of preaching to the choir.

'Ted is to The Choir' as 'The Rest of Us is to _________'

I will go first.

1. Sanity

Ted I think you have been reading too much chain email. You are quickly becoming an extremist; should I start mapping out Planned Parenthood locations for you and your Brude; (lol Charlie made a funny)... Dude come back to reality; crawl out of your hole and do some realistic thinking instead of supporting this right-wing wacko bullshit.  These types of things just illustrate how the republican/conservatives will do anything, even resulting to outright lies and conjecture, to sway opinion - which ultimately means they are losing their ass...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
Okay, maybe you'll like this new movie even better,
THE HOPE AND THE CHANGE
Here's the trailer:

"The Hope and the Change is a more sophisticated and potentially potent effort than the Hillary project was. Instead of featuring strident partisan voices such as Morris or Ann Coulter, the cast of 40 is composed entirely of registered Democrats and independents who voted for Obama in 2008. This reflects a political premise shared by Bossie and Stephen K. Bannon, the film’s director—that the 2012 election will be decided by that group of voters in key states whose enthusiasm for Obama has descended toward disillusion."

from http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/21/the-hope-and-the-change-new-citizens-united-movie-blasts-obama.html

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 10:33:18 AM »
Interesting info on 2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA box office take.
More people are watching.
Scares you libs shitless, don't it?

"You see, normally, when a film’s theater count increases, the amount of money it’s earning in each theater decreases. This is the standard performance pattern for a limited release and follows common supply/demand logic.

Here’s how things have gone for 2016: Obama’s America, though: Three weekends ago, 2016 earned $34,133 out of 10 theaters, which gave it a per theater average of $3,413 — not all that remarkable for a limited release. When it expanded into 61 theaters the next weekend, its per theater average did a funny thing: it jumped up to $5,202. Last weekend, the film experienced an even bigger expansion, into 169 theaters, and again, its per theater average substantially leapt up to $7,365.

Let’s be clear: this almost never happens."

From http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/25/box-office-shocker-2016-obamas-america-at-3/

Charlie

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »
Okay, maybe you'll like this new movie even better,
THE HOPE AND THE CHANGE
Here's the trailer:

"The Hope and the Change is a more sophisticated and potentially potent effort than the Hillary project was. Instead of featuring strident partisan voices such as Morris or Ann Coulter, the cast of 40 is composed entirely of registered Democrats and independents who voted for Obama in 2008. This reflects a political premise shared by Bossie and Stephen K. Bannon, the film’s director—that the 2012 election will be decided by that group of voters in key states whose enthusiasm for Obama has descended toward disillusion."

from http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/21/the-hope-and-the-change-new-citizens-united-movie-blasts-obama.html

This is another awesome video... I actually do appreciate this one because all it does is make me feel better about myself.  I am beginning to realize how unintelligent and petty this country is... I voted for Obama and am very pleased with what he has done.  The problem with the American public is that they don't have a good handle on the way our government works...  Ideally as it appears the American public believes he can just waltz in and fix everything on his own...  Well he of course can't and was met with opposition from the right.  Yet he still passed universal healthcare, bailed out American companys (BTW did you hear we made a $17B profit on the AIG bailout   clap), pulled our troops out of a senseless war, has kicked out more illegals than Bush, ended torture, the worker tax credit...  Not to mention utilized our Special Forces to get Osama against Gates recommendation... I could go on.  What did he really fail to do?  He didn't end the Bush Tax breaks or close Guantanamo...  But were he failed the most is in taxing the rich...  So lets get rid of him...  Because I sure as hell know Romney/Ryan will accomplish that...

hitself

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »
Hahahahahahahaha.
Have some more Kool Aid before the Food Police make it illegal to add sugar.
Hahahahahahahaha.....

od_sf

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
Is this the follow up to "2012" starring John Cusack? I'm a fan of sci-fi but not sure I could get into this one.

guest8

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31:25 AM »
I never get into politics, I personally dont see the point. The US government is and never will be 100% transparent. So no matter who the candidate is (Bush Jr or Obama) you will get truths, lies and distorted truths that are twisted as to make who ever is telling them to look the best .. So at best the liberals are telling us 20% truths based on facts that cannot be manipulated and the same goes for the conservatives .. So in total any average citizen can at best only have 40% of the real facts about any one candidate, but at that point Id bet they are all blinded or mislead by the other 160% of lies and misleading information thats being feed to them through the media. I often feel that our partisan system does more harm than good at times. Because in the end each party is only concerned about empowering their own and their agendas all while keeping their jobs and bloated salaries. Not necessarily what the majority of America wants or needs.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
"You see, normally, when a film’s theater count increases, the amount of money it’s earning in each theater decreases. This is the standard performance pattern for a limited release and follows common supply/demand logic.

Here’s how things have gone for 2016: Obama’s America, though: Three weekends ago, 2016 earned $34,133 out of 10 theaters, which gave it a per theater average of $3,413 — not all that remarkable for a limited release. When it expanded into 61 theaters the next weekend, its per theater average did a funny thing: it jumped up to $5,202. Last weekend, the film experienced an even bigger expansion, into 169 theaters, and again, its per theater average substantially leapt up to $7,365.

Let’s be clear: this almost never happens.

Regardless of politics, this is total bullshit.  The whole idea of a 'limited release' and word-of-mouth campaign is to start small and build the audience.  Let's be clear, this regularly happens...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
Let’s be clear: this almost never happens."

It happens A LOT, pretty much on a weekly basis in the fall when studios don't want to spend advertizing money on smaller budget, Academy Awards bait movies and let word of mouth do the job.

Let's be clear.  When that idiotic movie wins the Cannes Film Festival Palme D'Or and makes $119 millions like Fahrenheit 9/11, then I'll be impressed.

Oh, and by the way, that Bush bashing movie (which at least had the merit to be true) released in June 2004 did not stop your great president from winning the White House again 5 months later.

T
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:17:29 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 12:55:10 AM »
2016: Obama's America" expanding into 1,800 theaters

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-2016obamasamerica-expandingbre87r0zi-20120828,0,3086750.story

Not bad for a film which Hollywood and the lamestream media find abhorrent.
Just like all of those Conservative books that consistently outsell their left-wing competitors.
It is to laugh.
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
2016: Obama's America" expanding into 1,800 theaters

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-2016obamasamerica-expandingbre87r0zi-20120828,0,3086750.story

Not bad for a film which Hollywood and the lamestream media find abhorrent.
Just like all of those Conservative books that consistently outsell their left-wing competitors.
It is to laugh.
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Yeah, partisan books sell to partisan voters.

od_sf

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:31 AM »
This thread needs to be moved to "Life, Politics and the World".

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
2016: OBAMA'S AMERICA Surpasses 3 Michael Moore movies and AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/anti-obama-pic-2-political-documentary-now-bigger-100758566.html