Author Topic: a question about HA  (Read 8265 times)

Steven11788

a question about HA
« on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
hey, so i took the plunge, like i need another place to but them. What is the deal with them wanting your debit numbers, i want to bid on a few things, i know it is legit, but just wondering, def. with the hold on your card and stuff. just wondering why

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
Re: a question about HA
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
I could be wrong but most auction houses around the world hold your credit card details on file...I think all the ones I have account with do, even the ones I buy from rarely.
David

Steven11788

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »
so it is all good, guess i am just used to emovie, quick painless paypal

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
And remember, too, to calculate the 19.5% BP that will be added to anything you win. Just something to keep in mind so you dont later scratch your head and wonder  ;)

-Jeff

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »
And remember, too, to calculate the 19.5% BP that will be added to anything you win. Just something to keep in mind so you dont later scratch your head and wonder  ;)

I know the bp, I bid knowing the bp, I have eaten that bp a few times now but I still scratch my head and wonder.  :P

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »
I know the bp, I bid knowing the bp, I have eaten that bp a few times now but I still scratch my head and wonder.  :P

I know YOU know Zorba... LOL....

it is just some gentle "food for thought" for Steven11788 ;)

-Jeff

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »
 ;D

I know you know that I know  :P

Just saying that the bp always has, still does and always will blow but that is life when you are sick. 

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
so it is all good, guess i am just used to emovie, quick painless paypal

HA take PayPal too.
David

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »
HA take PayPal too.

Yes they do!

I am not looking to bash em, I look at their stuff every week and bid on at least one almost every week.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
Does HA take credit cards? Based on reading their FAQ, it looks like the answer is no, they only accept direct 'cash like' forms of payment.

Since this will be my first bidding with them (end of the month), I figured I would check now so I know how much I can spend :).

For a 19.5% BP, you would think they wouldn't mind eating 1-2% CC fees.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 12:52:11 AM »
Does HA take credit cards? Based on reading their FAQ, it looks like the answer is no, they only accept direct 'cash like' forms of payment.

Since this will be my first bidding with them (end of the month), I figured I would check now so I know how much I can spend :).

It's been a while but they do because they only accept PayPal payments for order value under $2500. As to credit card fees, can't answer currently but most auctions I have ever used (in current times) charge a fee to use credit cards
David

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »

yes they do take credit cards

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Steven11788

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
yea the BP is dumb as hell, seen a few things, i was eager to bid on, i like the bid, untill you open it up, and its like 20 more bucks, i think it will only be major wans, i get from this site

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:06:43 AM »
Thanks. Do they charge an additional credit card transaction fee on top of the 19.5% BP, or is that "included"?

I'm trying to find the info on their website (http://movieposters.ha.com/common/contactus.php?ref=&txtTopicID=10#answer), but don't see anything about credit card payments.

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
You can only use a credit card up to a certain amount with Heritage. It used to be up to $10,000. If you owed more than that you had to pay the balance by check or wire transfer. Just recently they lowered that amount to $2000 (or close to that, I'm not sure of the exact amount maybe $2500?).

We have always had a similar policy. It helps against chargebacks. There are plenty of unscrupulous buyers out there who like to pay for things and then call their credit card company and dispute the charge.

Bruce

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
We at eMoviePoster.com trust our buyers and let them pay any way they want. Sometimes we get Western Union, Moneygram, postage stamps, cash, produce from the harvest, goats, whatever.

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »

We had to stop accepting goats. They kept eating our inventory. Pretty Woman one sheets are apparently delicious.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Well that's good since I generally prefer paying with a credit card. I'll call them on Monday to find out about extra fees if no one knows about that. I don't think it would be worth using it if they tack on 2-3%.

Regarding the new $2000-$2500 cap, is that per-item or per-invoice?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Well that's good since I generally prefer paying with a credit card. I'll call them on Monday to find out about extra fees if no one knows about that. I don't think it would be worth using it if they tack on 2-3%.
Regarding the new $2000-$2500 cap, is that per-item or per-invoice?

there are no extra fees for using any form of payment that I am aware of, however, they do offer a 1 or 2% discount or something like that when you use an online check payment rather than PP or cards. In other words, they are  giving you back the fees they now aren't paying

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
there are no extra fees for using any form of payment that I am aware of, however, they do offer a 1 or 2% discount or something like that when you use an online check payment rather than PP or cards. In other words, they are  giving you back the fees they now aren't paying

Thanks.

Interesting. That could equate to a nice savings, so I might end up going that route.

I'm confused why they don't explain all of this on their webpage? Under the "paying for your auction" page, not only do they not mention any of this, but they make claims to the contrary. Seems a bit misleading if they actually offer other payment options and give discounts based on some of them.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »
Thank God there arent any extra fees for payment method, that bp is quite enough of a joke.

Steven11788

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
We at eMoviePoster.com trust our buyers and let them pay any way they want. Sometimes we get Western Union, Moneygram, postage stamps, cash, produce from the harvest, goats, whatever.

hey Bruce,, i live on a farm and raise chickens(no joke) so can we work somthing out next time out you have a big horror lot comming up