Author Topic: What do you NOT collect?  (Read 42103 times)

Mirosae

Re: What do you NOT collect?
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
I tend to stay away from stuff marklawd is bidding on!

;D

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
I won't collect any posters with small mammals kissing or on bicycles

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
Belgian posters.  I can't stand them.  Yugoslavian posters are a close second.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 01:49:53 AM »
I won't collect any posters with small mammals kissing or on bicycles

So large mammals on unicycles are fair game?
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 02:32:48 AM »
I don't collect currency. Found out I could trade it for nice posters.
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 04:28:02 AM »
Turds, I don't collect turds. 
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 04:41:56 AM »
So large mammals on unicycles are fair game?

I don't discard them at first glance, but they have to smile really cute

Mirosae

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 05:16:26 AM »
Belgian posters.  I can't stand them. 

I thank them for African Queen and The Treasure of Sierra Madre.
 ;D

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
I don't discard them at first glance, but they have to smile really cute

Chris

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2014, 12:43:17 AM »
I know.. just joshin' with you, Anthony.  ;)

The R60s, military style, Creature From the Black Lagoon, tho, I always thought looked good. The artwork and design were both pretty darn nice.

Why I oughta...
I forgot about Creature...you're right,that's not half bad.Make that two I like.The other, I think was a western....can't recall it.An NS4 member posted it years ago.

Mirosae

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »
hehe...no, no...I'm not that anti-gun. :)
In the old days they used to print posters specifically for the military bases around the country.They were most always black and white or duo tone.Very fugly!! I think I've only seen one that was even remotely collectible,IMO.

Anthony

Thanks for sharing this info Anthony. I didnt know what ''military style'' meant - i never really bothered to look into it. I heard about the term ''military'' before, but had no idea what it meant. I like the ''military'' style for the Hitch "Marnie" poster. Very much. But then again, i love B&W posters

:)

• Hobbyist
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 02:30:01 AM »
Thanks for sharing this info Anthony. I didnt know what ''military style'' meant - i never really bothered to look into it. I heard about the term ''military'' before, but had no idea what it meant. I like the ''military'' style for the Hitch "Marnie" poster. Very much. But then again, i love B&W posters

:)

You're quite welcome Rosa. 
I love B&W photography but when it comes to posters...I generally need me some color.Not to say there aren't any B&W posters I don't like,or wouldn't add to the collection,but military posters are my least favorite genre.That said,I can still find something in their I like..hehe...I guess I really love posters.
I've seen quite a few military posters but there's many I haven't seen.I'm sure there's some more out their I might like.

That "Marnie" sounds promising.I've never seen that one.I might have to make it three I like. ;)

• Hobbyist
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
Yugoslavian posters are a close second.

Not the greatest,I'll give you that.But I had to have this one. ;)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 02:44:10 AM »
Anthony... if it calls to you, that's all that matters. Good you snagged one you had to have.  ;)

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »
You're quite welcome Rosa.  
I love B&W photography but when it comes to posters...I generally need me some color.Not to say there aren't any B&W posters I don't like,or wouldn't add to the collection,but military posters are my least favorite genre.That said,I can still find something in their I like..hehe...I guess I really love posters.
I've seen quite a few military posters but there's many I haven't seen.I'm sure there's some more out their I might like.

That "Marnie" sounds promising.I've never seen that one.I might have to make it three I like. ;)

Thanks Anthony. I do like the military style of the poster  ''Marnie''. It has some character. But I can see your point about colour. That's why I went for the Pop-looking one, it pops  :)  

Apos for the terrible pic. And I do like your Yugoslavian very much!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:20:55 AM by Mirosae »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 12:35:52 AM »
Turds, I don't collect turds. 

That's what i said .... Turds... Belgian posters.... Yugoslavian posters.... what's the difference?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Bruce

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 05:57:45 AM »
I have a dream that one day ALL people will judge ALL movie posters not by the country they were printed in, but by the content of their imagery.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:01:05 AM by eMoviePoster.com »

Steven11788

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
military isnt so bad, I have the base version of Destroy all monsters. green and white. Finally got the regular. I have the OS military of Tarantula cause I doubt Ill ever wanna shell out cash for the regular. Funny though cause I seen the military of T go for big bucks twice. I dont do programs and chirashis. Everything is open but mainly OS, B2, and video posters

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
I have a dream that one day ALL people will judge ALL movie posters not by the country they were printed in, but by the content of their imagery.

Well that's a lot of it - crappy imagery or just poorly done on so many, plus I don't like the small size.  It has nothing to do with the country of origin and everything to do with the fact that they up intrinsically suck.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »
I'm 1/4 Yugoslavian (now called Slovenian), and I'm with you on this, Holiday; some of the middle European material is just not "up to snuff"... from a purely aesthetic POV (and imho, of course).  ;)

I truly wish some of the Hungarian, Czech, and (overall) Yugoslav and Baltic material was better done (my POV), in many cases.

I, for one, would be all over it, size or not.   cool1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:23:46 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Mondo Hazardo

• Collector
    • MOVIE★INK. AMSTERDAM
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »

• Hobbyist
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 02:35:12 AM »
Thanks Anthony. I do like the military style of the poster  ''Marnie''. It has some character. But I can see your point about colour. That's why I went for the Pop-looking one, it pops  :)  

Apos for the terrible pic. And I do like your Yugoslavian very much!!

Ooohh,Nice Rosa! Great call going for the "pop".Very nice indeed.
The B&W version isn't bad at all,really.You're right,there's something about it.Not sure exactly what it is,but it does work.Definitely collectible. ;)

• Hobbyist
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 02:39:24 AM »
Anthony... if it calls to you, that's all that matters. Good you snagged one you had to have.  ;)

Haha,yeah,I guess that's the bottom line,really.Collect what ya love no matter what the genre.Just an added bonus being able to actually own it.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 02:42:11 AM »
Haha,yeah,I guess that's the bottom line,really.Collect what ya love no matter what the genre.Just an added bonus being able to actually own it.

That's it exactly... and a great way to put it.. to know you have a piece of something you really appreciate and can hold and put up on the wall. That's what it's all about.

-Jeff

• Hobbyist
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 02:45:15 AM »
military isnt so bad, I have the base version of Destroy all monsters. green and white. Finally got the regular. I have the OS military of Tarantula cause I doubt Ill ever wanna shell out cash for the regular. Funny though cause I seen the military of T go for big bucks twice. I dont do programs and chirashis. Everything is open but mainly OS, B2, and video posters

Yeah,monsters kinda get a pass in my book.
They can look good in B&W, or less than desirable duo tone colors, more so than every other genre. ;)

Anthony