Home Theater & Entertainment > General Discussion

70" LED or Projector

<< < (2/3) > >>

guest8:
I think Jayn summed it up well. If you know what youre getting into and choose based on that then youre all set. I watch my projector every day for TV shows and all that. But it is a projector and thankfully its in a dedicated room so I can block out the windows and make it dark in there and be ok with that. If I had it my living room Id probably hate it, due to the bay windows and all the light. Although my living room is a better size for a theater.. I guess I could just board up the front windows !! :)

Also the size of the room makes a big difference .. If youre sitting to close to a projector screen the quality can possibly leave you itching for a 1080P LCD/Plasma .. I set approx 15'+ away and its great for me but if I sit much closer I have to have HD content playing and not some low quality rip of something because I can see the quality issues very well on that 120" screen when Im <10' away.

jayn_j:
Is your projector 1080P?  Mine is, and pixels only become an issue at about 2' away.  Now, playing a DVD shows a picture that is noticably softer, but not objectionable to me.  Not enough to replace DVDs with BluRays, but I will buy the BR when there is a choice.

Again, for me 11' back from 120" screen feels good.  That is too closer for many others.  The average seems to be around 14' back.

guest8:

--- Quote from: jayn_j on June 22, 2012, 11:06:55 AM ---Is your projector 1080P?  Mine is, and pixels only become an issue at about 2' away.  Now, playing a DVD shows a picture that is noticably softer, but not objectionable to me.  Not enough to replace DVDs with BluRays, but I will buy the BR when there is a choice.

Again, for me 11' back from 120" screen feels good.  That is too closer for many others.  The average seems to be around 14' back.

--- End quote ---

Yes mine is 1080P .. But Im not watching content from the source (DVD and Bluray disc). Most everything I watch is a rip .. So a DVD is a 700MB-1.5GB file. Meaning if you think a real DVD is soft this would seem fuzzy ;) Thats why I said if Im sitting <10' away Id prefer HD content that way at worst its a little soft. Thats all because of what i watch, no real reflection on the projector itself.

kovacs01:
Projectors are the feces if you have the room.  I have been enjoying every minute of mine.  Incidentally, sit 12 feet back from a 120" screen.  Its a comfortable distance in terms of the screen size/viewing angle/video quality.

ddilts399:
So upgraditis hit again, sold off the 2 year old Samsung JS9500 and bought LG OLED for the living room. These are THE tv to have, what a difference in picture. Blacks make such a difference in tv watching, really didn't think I would see this much difference.  If you dont have a front projector and still going flatscreener, I cannot recommend these enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version