Author Topic: Help wanted on how to explain combined shipping policy  (Read 18621 times)

Charlie

Re: Help wanted on how to explain combined shipping policy
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
I would imagine,if you clearly state *WE DO NOT OFFER COMBINED SHIPPING" this would happen,

Ring,ring,ring,ring

"Hello e-movieposter,how may I help ?"

Customer:"Hi,do you do combined shipping?"

Stew

Actually it is more like just "emovieposter..." in Missouri twang... (she may say "how can I help you?" - I can't recall)... Just something about a southern accent saying "movie poster"... I don't know who answers the phone there, but that southern bell accent sure is missed here now using paypal the last few times.  I had to call the other day to combine two lots and that girl is so sweet on the phone...  I may just have to call every time... :) 

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
hire this guy to do an announcement

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230588435514&si=D4CVFsmmh%252BqBTmcdk5nrKwuCvVo%253D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Look at the last piece of feedback for this seller. It says "Sellers wife canceled transaction due to sellers death. Sorry for your loss"
And the buyer leaves neutral feedback at the same time.
Nice. sm1

• Collector
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
Wondered what happened to the grey Ford truck in the photo....
It's nice.

It is a Ford, right?

Charlie

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
Look at the last piece of feedback for this seller. It says "Sellers wife canceled transaction due to sellers death. Sorry for your loss"
Nice. sm1

What a jerk leaving neutral feedback after the guy had died...  People amaze me sometimes..

• Collector
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
What a jerk leaving neutral feedback after the guy had died...  People amaze me sometimes..

Yeah, what an asshole.
But back to the truck..........

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
Who knows:
1) Whether the seller really died or if they just wanted to back out on the auction.
2) What else went on "behind the scenes"

Even if we assume #1 is true, there might have been a lack of response, a lack of timely return of payment, or some other BS going on. And if the seller's death shut down the eBay business (which I assume is the case if the seller's wife canceled the transaction), I don't think feedback is of much concern on the account. And if you look at feedback as a buyer and feedback left for others, they are still using the account.... Seems shady to me, but I am the eternal cynic.

And sorry, but even if everything was kosher and on the up and up, I have to side with the buyer on the neutral feedback. The fact remains, the seller didn't live up (no pun intended) to their end of the contract. Extenuating circumstances not withstanding, the feedback system should be based on the transaction and how it was completed. In this case, the seller, valid reason or not, backed up of the transaction. Should they have gotten a negative feedback for it? No, that would have been in bad taste. But I also don't think a positive feedback was warranted. I think neutral is very applicable given the circumstances.

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »
So back to the original topic.

Bruce, you asked a question, you got feedback.
Don't you want to reply......?

Armin

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 04:03:53 PM »
Nice. sm1

Wow, didn't notice that.  Although the way that guy was yelling and getting all worked up in the audio clip wouldn't surprise me if he gave himself and heart attack getting worked up over idiot eBay buyers who don't bother to read.  eBay has made some stupid changes over the years, the biggest one being the inability to leave buyers negative feedback. Now if you get a jerk buyer you have to go through the process of contesting it.  eBay needs to realize sellers are who make them money, without them they're nothing.  But I digress, I'm going even more off-topic, its just when eBay and jerk buyers are brought up it strikes a cord.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 04:05:36 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »
eBay has made some stupid changes over the years, the biggest one being the inability to leave buyers negative feedback. Now if you get a jerk buyer you have to go through the process of contesting it.  eBay needs to realize sellers are who make them money, without them they're nothing.

Ebay made the right call on this issue. Previously, buyers were totally at the mercy of dealers on the site and considering how bad 9 out of 10 ebay sellers are, it was the right call.

If ebay allowed dealers to leave negs - no dealers would get negs, due to retaliatory morons, of which there are way too many.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
Ebay made the right call on this issue. Previously, buyers were totally at the mercy of dealers on the site and considering how bad 9 out of 10 ebay sellers are, it was the right call.

If ebay allowed dealers to leave negs - no dealers would get negs, due to retaliatory morons, of which there are way too many.

Well I disagree, and 90% eBay sellers are bad... c'mon now lets be realistic.  It opens it up for sleazy buyers to try and pull crap when they know they have nothing to lose.  I had a nutcase buyer leave me negative feedback on an item she hadn't even paid for yet!  She was a nut, left negative feedback for a couple other sellers two, took a month and a couple of sellers filing rebuttal claims on her to get the negative feedback removed.  Seems like there ought to be an equal playing ground, I fully understand there's sleazy sellers, but there's also sleazy buyers trying to get stuff for free or just pains in the butt in general.  People would be a little more likely to work things out, or not try to pull something, if both sides were threatened by negative feedback.  Sellers can still get away with whatever they want anyway, I had a issue with a seller in France who later admitted he knowingly shipped me damaged goods and eBay's answer was for me to pay to ship it back to him!  Also I've had 3 buyers in the last month bid on something and never pay, I'm tired of filing non-paying bid claims, waiting a week to get my fees back and not being able to leave them negative feedback!

Anyhow I'm not interested in getting into an argument about eBay, as now we're getting way off-topic.  I've got better things to do than argue so let's agree to disagree and let the thread get back on track.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:14:55 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Bruce

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 09:52:10 PM »
I really have nothing to add. I hoped someone would have an idea other than "shorten your emails and they will get it".

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
I hoped someone would have an idea other than "shorten your emails and they will get it".

if that's the response from customers, don't you think it's kinda sorta like the answer?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 10:21:12 PM »
in all honesty, what seller DOESNT combine shipping?
I guess there is some, but not many, I have never bought from any dealer in all my years collecting where they wont combine shipping when possible.

And Bruce if you don't want the same replies that you get all the time.
ie, you write too much,
then don't ask the question.

Unless the question is, really a statement, HEY GUYS I COMBINE SHIPPING AND HAVE A SYSTEM TO HOLD ITEMS FOR FURTHER ADDITIONS.

In which case, perhaps this should go in the dealer show off forum.
(damn I wrote to much)

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
I get it!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »
Short and sweet
Chris

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
Don't get me started on the emails. No offense, but they are completely unreadable. Just a wall of painful text.

Offline Ari

• Curator
An Error Has Occurred!

Bruce

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
?

Charlie

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
I hoped someone would have an idea other than "shorten your emails and they will get it".

Can I call and have that girl read them to me in her Missouri accent...  I keep visualizing Vivien Leigh on the other end.   mesmrized

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »
Can I call and have that girl read them to me in her Missouri accent...  I keep visualizing Vivien Leigh on the other end.   mesmrized

Frankly my dear...
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:33 PM »
An Error Has Occurred!

Bruce

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
~

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »

-

An Error Has Occurred!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »
Minimalist
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo