Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 280129 times)

Mirosae

Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #475 on: April 10, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
Thanks all :) Yes. The authenticity of the signature is the issue. Oh well. I'll dwell on it for a while.  :)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #476 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:54 AM »
Personally, I'd determine whether to purchase a signed poster based on a few things.  If it's rare, has cool art, at a fair price, and the signature is not obtrusive to the art, I'd probably purchase it. 

The only signed poster I have in my humble collection is this soundtrack release for Heavy Metal 2000, and I think it's cool.  8)

Mirosae

« Reply #477 on: April 11, 2014, 02:15:39 AM »
Your "humble" collection is really cool Brandon. Not humble at all.  That's a striking looking poster. ;)

And I agree re rarity. But mine is NOT rare..so Uhm. ..decisions. ..decisions. ..

:(

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #478 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:56 AM »
Thanks, Rosa. 

Try not to over-think the whole decision making dealio.

8)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #479 on: April 11, 2014, 12:36:36 PM »
And Brandon.. your Killer Klowns is, well, killer! (I couldnt resist).  rofl1

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #480 on: April 11, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
Rosa, do you have a pic of the poster in question, or even just of the signature..?

As all know I've had some of mine signed in person, and think it adds greatly to the poster if it's signed by the director, or main cast, or even other talents, SFX etc..
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:36 AM »
Love the artwork on the Heavy Metal 2000  happy1

Mirosae

« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2014, 06:03:37 AM »
Rosa, do you have a pic of the poster in question, or even just of the signature..?

As all know I've had some of mine signed in person, and think it adds greatly to the poster if it's signed by the director, or main cast, or even other talents, SFX etc..

Yes...i will pm you.  :)

Mirosae

« Reply #483 on: April 13, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
We have some posters too  in the London National Portrait Gallery. Mostly shown at special exhibitions (Golden age of Hollywood, etc). Not so much in the permanent collection.

All the presidents men- what a great film!

Mirosae

« Reply #484 on: April 20, 2014, 02:52:33 PM »
I do wonder sometimes why B&W are such a nono for most of you. I like them, and sometimes prefer them to the colour version as to me they relate better to the film (if B&W film). Personal taste, clearly  :D

PICS FROM HA

Mirosae

« Reply #485 on: April 20, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
^ Paul Newman  bed1. Impossible not to like them. Congrats if those are yours :D

Mirosae

« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
Entertainment organization requests original movie poster ideas

In case anyone wants to tell them how to design a film poster...

On April 29, 2014, the United Film & Television Artists, Inc. (UFTA) requested help with a movie poster idea. UFTA is asking all members, guests and readers to come up with original ideas for a movie poster for the film "Casting." The current deadline for "submissions" is May 12, as their next meeting will be held that night in Fort Myers, Fla. at Perkins Restaurant.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #487 on: May 04, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
Pretty sure a Hepburn fanatic used to hang around here....

http://www.google.com/doodles/audrey-hepburns-85th-birthday

Created by Jennifer Horn:

Finding the right solution for someone as timeless as Audrey proved a tricky task.  Not only was she a classically beautiful actress, she also dedicated her life to philanthropy.  I wanted to show both sides of her life's work.  It was easy to find inspiration for her portrait in Yousuf Karsh's photograph from 1956, used with permission from the estate of Yousuf Karsh.  The black and white image is graceful and understated yet immediately recognizable.  Taking cues from Audrey's movie posters and work with charities, I added a graphic splash of pink and figures of her dancing with and embracing children.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:34:03 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #488 on: May 04, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »
I do wonder sometimes why B&W are such a nono for most of you. I like them, and sometimes prefer them to the colour version as to me they relate better to the film (if B&W film). Personal taste, clearly  :D

PICS FROM HA

I'm with you on this Rosa, I love Black & White posters, and stills, I have many myself. Mind I was brought up with B&W T.V.   ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #489 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »
Could these have been done by the same artist? Both are German, A0 size, and each are for later RR, from the 60's.
When Jason posted his Curse of Frankenstein piece, with the art done by Berthold, I looked at it and the style of the art, the way the title was done and even how the blood drops were painted. And it reminded me of the art done for the 60's RR of Horror Of Dracula. Even the general layout, credits and theme are very similar on both posters.

A side by side comparison: Same artist? It could possibly be, imho.

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #490 on: May 18, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
Could these have been done by the same artist? Both are German, A0 size, and each are for later RR, from the 60's.
When Jason posted his Curse of Frankenstein piece, with the art done by Berthold, I looked at it and the style of the art, the way the title was done and even how the blood drops were painted. And it reminded me of the art done for the 60's RR of Horror Of Dracula. Even the general layout, credits and theme are very similar on both posters.

A side by side comparison: Same artist? It could possibly be, imho.

ah i agree with you its the same artist.  any idea what Berthold's full name is?  I am stumped with the google

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #491 on: May 18, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
No idea yet, on Berthold's first name.

If it is the same artist, its interesting/curious why Berthold signed his Frankie work, but not Drac.  :-\

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #492 on: May 18, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
ok round two of digging around for Berthold on the internets and found these exmples of his work:
and did he sign Frankenstein? is it the little white writing by her head?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #493 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »
Another by Berthold. The Glory Stompers (1967). German A1 poser. His telltale, letter block signature is at the lower right.

*Image courtesy of emovie

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #494 on: July 01, 2014, 02:15:47 PM »
I came across this great painting done by artist Daniel Horne, based on the 6 sheet imagery for Frankensteinbed1

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #495 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »
 That's nice
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #496 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
That's really a wonder.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline movieposterodyssey

• Hobbyist
« Reply #497 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:55 PM »
That is a beauty.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »
I say sweet a lot here looking at your guys stuff but I have to do it again...Thats sweet!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »
Here's a fun read on recycled poster trends.  Some of my favorites:
--the female lead with back towards you, but looking over her shoulder while wearing tight/no pants
--the back-to-back 'buddy' pose
--the Big heads = big emotions
--the Steely blue hue and people running     ;D

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/10/hollywood-s-most-recycled-movie-poster-trends-1682837?lt_source=external,manual#!bcqEvg
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:59:06 PM by Crazy Vick »