Author Topic: All Poster Stuff  (Read 280440 times)

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
Re: All Poster Stuff
« Reply #675 on: March 01, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
I think the image used on the quad for the first Hellraiser is awesome. Pinhead looks super creepy peering around from that piece of peeled back muscle.  cool1

And all 3 look cool. I just thought it interesting that an image from HR #1 was used on advert material for movie number 3.

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #677 on: March 01, 2017, 01:54:26 PM »
I see your point. I guess they're low budget movies and that extended to the marketing campaign!

I've also seen a version where the red muscle is bright green. Not sure if that was ever a poster though or variant used for where the red may have been too much, such as magazines etc.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #678 on: March 28, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
There is a bidder named dreadpiratewise at Emovie.  Could that be Mel?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #679 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:53 PM »
There is a bidder named dreadpiratewise at Emovie.  Could that be Mel?

T

Don't think Mel will be back.  My guess is he got serious with new girlfriend and she said the silly posters have to go.
-Jay-

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #680 on: March 28, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »
dreadpiratewise is a guy named Mike...he is or was a member here.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #681 on: March 28, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
Don't think Mel will be back.  My guess is he got serious with new girlfriend and she said the silly posters have to go.

That makes sense.  It's just that the names were very similar.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #682 on: March 30, 2017, 11:44:31 PM »
Hahaha...  Heritage is not happy with me.  They now have 2 signature purchases on hold for me, a bunch of posters from last November and from this recent sale, and everything in between.  I guess they don't like to hold on to things for too long.  Boo!  Trying to save on shipping.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline JCM

• Hobbyist
« Reply #683 on: March 31, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
Hahaha...  Heritage is not happy with me.  They now have 2 signature purchases on hold for me, a bunch of posters from last November and from this recent sale, and everything in between.  I guess they don't like to hold on to things for too long.  Boo!  Trying to save on shipping.

T

How do you do it, man? I'd be dying inside. And your stuff is probably mostly big purchases. Killing me over here.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #684 on: March 31, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
I'm saving on shipping.  Very important to me.

Also, whether it's in my drawers or theirs doesn't make a difference to me.  They're not going anywhere, I know I'll get my stuff at some point.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
Very, very slow beginning of the year.  There is nothing interesting out there, at least for me.  Haven't received a poster in a week.  A week!!!!  Even my mail lady noticed.

I need a new hobby.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »
Very, very slow beginning of the year.  There is nothing interesting out there, at least for me.  Haven't received a poster in a week.  A week!!!!  Even my mail lady noticed.

I need a new hobby.

T

You wild girly2.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »

I need a new hobby.

T

Stamps? They certainly would be easy to store.  ;D

I actually wonder how many could be placed in one flat file drawer? Thousands, i'd think.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:52:53 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #688 on: February 10, 2018, 01:47:33 PM »
You wild girly2.gif

A week is insanity for me.  But I got 2 posters yesterday so the spell is broken :)  Still, I feel it’s been a very soft market.

T
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:01:17 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Stamps? They certainly would be easy to store.  ;D

I actually wonder how many could be placed in one flat file drawer? Thousands, i'd think.

Keep wondering, Jeff, it keeps you young.  Please don’t forget to share the result.

Joking aside, I don’t understand collecting stamps.  Seems like the most boring hobby in the world.  It reminds me of that scene in Manhattan Murder Mystery where Woody is subjected to his neighbor’s stamp collection.  So funny.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
For sure. And if that number is ever calculated by me, or anyone, we'll post that here.

As a kid, I was interested in stamps for maybe 5 minutes. Too small, having to look at all the details with a magnifying glass etc and I got bored, too. But they are a hobby staple and some of the rarest go for HUGE sums.

And it reminds me of the 1963 Cary Grant-Audrey Hepburn movie, Charade, where rare stamps were the final piece to the puzzle of "where was the money?"

Interesting factoid about the movie: Because Universal Pictures published the movie with an invalid copyright notice, the film entered the public domain in the United States immediately upon its release.

-Jeff

Offline mcfree

• Hobbyist
« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
And it reminds me of the 1963 Cary Grant-Audrey Hepburn movie, Charade, where rare stamps were the final piece to the puzzle of "where was the money?"
[/i]
If I remember correctly, they finally find the stamp collectors stand only to find that he packed up his stuff and left immediately. Yet, when they track him down to his flat, he acts all moral and was wondering when they would show up and of course gives the stamp back with no issue. My point is- If he was that moral, why not stay at your stand to begin with and wait there? Why pack up and leave in such hurry? It just seemed contradictory to me. (But I attest my memory to that exact scene could be hazy).
Favorites?
-Original Trilogy Star Wars    -Audrey Hepburn    -Frank Capra movies    -Foreign movies
--------& Anything obscure, unique, & foreign made (especially Star Wars)
-
This is becoming a way of life...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #692 on: August 22, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
I forgot what it is to come back from vacation...

Meanwhile, 6 months of purchases at HA came in, had to be signed for (!!!) and are now on their way back to Dallas :(

T
My Personal Collection

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #693 on: August 22, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »
That sucks!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #694 on: August 22, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »
That sucks!

Yes.  I told them multiple times that I don’t want to sign for packages.  I’m rarely home and I don’t have time to pick up stuff.  Seems like I have to sign a release form every time.  Oh well...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #695 on: August 22, 2018, 07:51:51 PM »
Yeah I hate that as well, they closed the PO annex that was close to me so I have to go all the way to the other side of town to pick stuff up. My old postman would just sign it for me and leave it in the designated dry drop spot, but he went to a smaller route so those days are gone.  Fedex and UPS pickups I feel like I am driving to another county, Fedex is at the airport and UPS is literally in another town to pickup at.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #696 on: August 22, 2018, 10:59:14 PM »
My life has changed for the better since getting a box at my local UPS Store.  Sure it costs like $15/mo or whatever.  However, I haven't missed a delivery since getting it and everything is signed for and stored under lock and key until I pick it up.   thumbsup.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #697 on: August 22, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »
$15/month????  Are you freakin kidding me?

T
My Personal Collection

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #698 on: August 24, 2018, 03:13:56 PM »
I forgot what it is to come back from vacation...

Meanwhile, 6 months of purchases at HA came in, had to be signed for (!!!) and are now on their way back to Dallas :(

T

Nope, definitely not a top ten percenter...  :o
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #699 on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »
Eatbrie, having dealt extensively with UPS and FedEx, I can tell you it comes down to the driver and how safe the drop off is. Some drivers will cooperate and leave the packages, but some drivers don't want to be blamed for packages that go missing. The station managers at UPS can be real pricks and blame the drivers for any little thing that goes wrong or is reported missing or misdelivered. FedEx seems to be a bit more lenient, but no driver wants to be blamed if somebody sees a bunch of sealed tubes and decides to make off with them.