Author Topic: Lenticulars - here we go :-)  (Read 1961 times)

Offline id63

• Beginner
Lenticulars - here we go :-)
« on: March 10, 2019, 08:44:45 AM »
Dear fellow lenticular collectors -

As I said a couple of days back, I can't believe it has been so long, but there was a lot going on... Anyhoo: last year we decided to open the two original boxes containing the Terminator 3 giant lenticular including the cardboard-stand to see how it looks in real life. I am glad we did because there were more posters hidden inside! They are not as thick which allowed them to be rolled up. Great surprise! So we got 2 giant Terminator 3 Lenticulars (4' x 6') plus the following unexpected surprises:

Giant lenticular 4' x 6' of "The perfect Storm"  with George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg. The poster looks like this here: http://www.signindustry.com/flatbed_UV/articles/2002-12-26-LB-Lenticular.php3  It only shows the picture and the actors' names on the top. So I am not sure what to make of it, no name of the film etc on it. It has the holes along the sides from being on a display.

And another giant lenticular: The Day after Tomorrow, also 4' x 6'.  Here the wording changes from "The day after tomorrow" to "Where will you be?".

And another beautiful surprise! It is not a lenticular, but 3D, also 4' x 6': "Zathura", Columbia pictures. Maybe it was a teaser because in the lower left corner it says "not yet rated".

And the last one: Narnia lenticular, size ca. 3,3' x 5'.

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures as we STILL haven't got around building light boxes for the various sizes! The only light box we built was for the Matrix Reloaded bus shelter.

Have a great Sunday everybody :-) 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:07:35 AM by id63 »

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: here we go :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:58:25 AM »
Nice bonus finds!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Lenticulars - here we go :-)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 11:51:57 AM »
Take pics of the cardboard standee and the non-lenticular items... Pretty please?  prayer.gif   :D

-Jeff