Author Topic: Movie Poster Exchange's First Auction  (Read 6656 times)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Movie Poster Exchange's First Auction
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
We have started to upload items for our first auction which will be going live on May 6th.

Check out our growing gallery at: http://movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?list=upcoming

Everything will start at $10, have no reserve and no buyer's premium
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Movie Poster Exchange's First Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
Look good Sean... can't wait to see what you you list!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
Like the easy access to bid history.

Some likely suspects getting in early ...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:31 AM »
http://movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?mode=poster_details&auction_id=1974

Am I missing something?  How on Earth can this be rated a 9.4 when the poster has such obvious & drastic sun fading?  Not to mention the dirty tape marks, creasing/compression marks, multiple dings and very noticeable edge damage...

For reference...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KILL-BILL-1SH-ORIG-MOVIE-POSTER-DS-MYLAR-SWORD-2003-/190440051856

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 07:19:40 AM »
Thanks for catching that Arch.
I will have Peter take a second look at it today and make the needed corrections.
Not sure if we have two of those and the wrong photo got put up, or if it was just overlooked but I am on it.

Sean
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
Thanks for catching that Arch.
I will have Peter take a second look at it today and make the needed corrections.
Not sure if we have two of those and the wrong photo got put up, or if it was just overlooked but I am on it.

Sean

Anytime, Sean.  I had to do a double-take myself and pull up the reference image to make sure that I wasn't just seeing things and then, when I went to your 'super-sized' image, the other defects jumped out.  Glad to see that your on the case...

Best of luck...

ozcinemagic

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
And the title in this is not correct (it is in the description)
Plus, the girl does not look like Isabel Sarli, but that's not your fault  ;)

http://movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?mode=poster_details&auction_id=1876
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Der Januskopf

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »
We have started to upload items for our first auction which will be going live on May 6th.

Check out our growing gallery at: http://movieposterexchange.com/buy.php?list=upcoming

Everything will start at $10, have no reserve and no buyer's premium

Congrats on getting the auction part of your site set up, Sean. Looks great and is easy to get around. I had one question (and if asked or addressed already, I had not seen that explanation).

But i noticed that your auction is running for 2 weeks before it ends. Was there a reason that you and Peter decided to have it run that many days, rather than 7? or even 10?

best.

-Kerry

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »
Good question and the basic answer is - because Peter and I are filling the auction with our own material and risking our own money (something the other auction houses don't do, they just say thanks for letting us sell half of your material for $15 or less, sorry your items didn't do better), we would like to get as much exposure as possible, so this gives us the maximum amount of time to promote it.

I am sure there will be some incredible deals just because of the fact that our site is so new and the word isn't out and we're okay with that.
If the Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes sells for the $325 it's at, so be it. If 300 items only get a $10 bid, then those buyers will all know they were in an honest auction with no shilling going on and keep coming back.

But because we aren't a 25-person team, we might keep the 2-week format. That part is still up in the air and we're certainly flexible on what we do.

If you've tried to sort everything by price and it isn't working, sorry about that. We know that part isn't working and it will be fixed in the next day or so.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
Congrats Sean (and Peter). Lots of good stuff there and it's very impressive you are auctioning them on a new site.

Have you thought about putting some stuff on EBay under the MoviePosterExchange name to market it?

I'm assuming Heritage auctions some posters on EBay for that reason.

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »
loving the site but the search needs some work!

i get very strange results if i try pulp fiction or star wars for example

cheers
Paul

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »
loving the site but the search needs some work!

i get very strange results if i try pulp fiction or star wars for example

cheers
Paul

Thanks.
Right now the search is searching for your keywords in both the title and description, so the results can be pretty out there (fiction of course will return anything with "science-fiction" in the title).
Tonight or tomorrow there will be a field added for you to limit search to the titles or include descriptions - that should help refine everything better.

The "Refine Search" along the left column can click to show specific categories,genres, or sizes - but if you would like to combine those attributes in your search, you need to use the "Advanced Search" tab.
www.Kaijuposters.com