Author Topic: My growing collection since joining APF: The re-release.  (Read 3367 times)

Mikewarrior

My growing collection since joining APF: The re-release.
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
All Rolled NM, or should be

Bought 4 posters on 4/18/12 from ddilts - Total with shipping = $54.60

$19.90 DS

$9.90 DS

$14.90 DS

$9.90 DS

Bought 2 posters on 4/18 from pict_res - Total with shipping = $27.00

$15.00 DS

$12.00 DS

Bought 6 posters on 4/20/12 from ddilts - Total with shipping = $159.40

69.90 DS

$44.90 DS

$14.90 DS

$6.90 DS

$7.90 DS

$14.90 DS

Bought 1 poster on 4/21/12 from classicmovie_1900 - Total with shipping = $41

$29.00 DS

Bought 2 posters on 4/22/12 from movieposterarena - Total with shipping = $49

$17.50 DS

$22.50 DS

Bought 1 poster on 4/23/12 from smisam1133 - Total with shipping = $33

$25 DS

Bought 1 poster on 4/23/12 from movieposterarena - Total with shipping = $36

$28.50 DS

Bought 1 poster on 4/24/12 from yelogrpjc - Total with shipping = $20.98

$12.99 DS

Bought 2 posters on 4/24/12 from smisam1133 - Total with shipping = $45.01

$20 DS

$25 DS

.................. To be continued

All have been great sellers in Ebay so far, pict_res & ddilts refunded any overcharges on shipping. The other great seller is smisam1133 (Reel Deal Movie Posters)... He not only took my best offers, he only charged a penny for my last order, and instead is bundling the last two with the Sin City poster I bought from him.  clap

Very cool people, and they have my respect.

Mikewarrior

Re: My growing collection since joining APF: The re-release.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

Bought 1 poster on 4/24/12 from yelogrpjc - Total with shipping = $20.98

$12.99 DS

Do NOT buy from this seller... He doesn't even know how to properly ship a damn poster to keep it safe, and didn't describe the black marks on the face of the poster..

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
That's why you want to stick with the Dale Dilts and pict_res type sellers, unless you like to gamble.

Sometimes a "bargain" proves to be anything but.

I am sorry for your loss.

Bruce

Mikewarrior

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
Or yourself, right Bruce?  ;) Thanks for the care man, and at least it wasn't some expensive/rare piece... I took these pics for the seller to see.

I'll post what the outcome will be.

Mikewarrior

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »
So here is the outcome after showing him the pics...

yelogrpjc said... "Hey man-
I don't do business this way.  The poster definitely didn't leave here looking like that on the edges.  I have multiples of this poster and must have grabbed the wrong one as far as the black marks go.  What would make this right in your mind?  You can keep the poster and I'll refund your purchase price of $12.99.  Does that sound far.  Even though the edges are rough, the poster will still look good framed.  Let me know if you think what I have proposed is fair.  I do apologize for this...I always fill my void space with newspaper and I'm not sure why yours didn't get done that way."

So I said... "I truly appreciate you being good about it... Refunding me will definitely help. However, I still want a What Dreams My Come poster that's in excellent/NM condition, and I will not be satisfied with seeing marks/wrinkles (If they show) while on my wall. If you have another What Dreams May Come poster in excellent/NM condition, then how about you just split the shipping costs with me, and keep the $12.99?"

yelogrpjc then says... "Hey mike, I will do that for you no problem.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to correct
My mistake.  I pay $2 for the tube and it cost $3 to ship.  I'll just take care of it since it was mistake in the first place.  Thanks again for being understanding.  I'll try to get it out tomorrow."

Now that's a quality seller... He's back on my preferred list of good Ebay sellers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:43:54 PM by Mikewarrior »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »
So here is the outcome after showing him the pics...

yelogrpjc said... "Hey man-
I don't do business this way.  The poster definitely didn't leave here looking like that on the edges.  I have multiples of this poster and must have grabbed the wrong one as far as the black marks go.  What would make this right in your mind?  You can keep the poster and I'll refund your purchase price of $12.99.  Does that sound far.  Even though the edges are rough, the poster will still look good framed.  Let me know if you think what I have proposed is fair.  I do apologize for this...I always fill my void space with newspaper and I'm not sure why yours didn't get done that way."

So I said... "I truly appreciate you being good about it... Refunding me will definitely help. However, I still want a What Dreams My Come poster that's in excellent/NM condition, and I will not be satisfied with seeing marks/wrinkles (If they show) while on my wall. If you have another What Dreams May Come poster in excellent/NM condition, then how about you just split the shipping costs with me, and keep the $12.99?"

yelogrpjc then says... "Hey mike, I will do that for you no problem.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to correct
My mistake.  I pay $2 for the tube and it cost $3 to ship.  I'll just take care of it since it was mistake in the first place.  Thanks again for being understanding.  I'll try to get it out tomorrow."

Now that's a quality seller... He's back on my preferred list of good Ebay sellers.

Mike, what kind of tube did he send your first one in (i'm assuming the second to arrive will be the same type). Was it sturdy and with good thickness, so as not to be "crushable?" And 3.00 to ship is a great price to ship a tube. How long did the first poster take to get to you?

And congrats on having another sent by the seller. He sounds like a good chap to deal with.  thumbup

-Jeff

Mikewarrior

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
Mike, what kind of tube did he send your first one in (i'm assuming the second to arrive will be the same type). Was it sturdy and with good thickness, so as not to be "crushable?" And 3.00 to ship is a great price to ship a tube. How long did the first poster take to get to you?

Yo Erik... The poster came in a sturdy tube like all the other sellers have used, and it wasn't dented at all. However, the poster came without a plastic sleeve, or protection on both ends. I hope he does a better job this time.

Time wise it was very short due to the fact that he only lives one state away from me.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »
Yo Erik... The poster came in a sturdy tube like all the other sellers have used, and it wasn't dented at all. However, the poster came without a plastic sleeve, or protection on both ends. I hope he does a better job this time.

Time wise it was very short due to the fact that he only lives one state away from me.

clap clap clap

-Jeff

Mikewarrior

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
Welp that's it, I'm done... Any of the other posters I want go for way to much, and I've already spent enough.

Thanks for everything guys! cool1

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »
Welp that's it, I'm done... Any of the other posters I want go for way to much, and I've already spent enough.

We've heard that before!  You'll be back  ;)
Chris

Charlie

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:37:56 AM »

Well that was quick...  Did you find a new girlfriend or wife by chance?

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 03:48:10 AM »
Just when you thought you'd seen it all.
He did the fastest RANDY I ever saw!
Well done fella.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
Oh, that's a shame, don't give up! Keep collecting!