Author Topic: eMoviePoster.com News  (Read 411971 times)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: Happy Holidays, APF!
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
Great stuff Bruce!...Thanks for sharing.

Happy Holidays!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Happy Holidays, APF!
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
Really enjoyed the slide show, Bruce!
God bless you and your beautiful family this holiday season!
Ted

Film Art Gallery

Re: How many people does it take to auction 2,000 posters every week?
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2010, 12:15:09 AM »
So how many does it take? :-\

You can check out http://filmartgallery.com to check and see our inventory. We have over 15k posters and also sell through Ebay. Have a great/safe New Years.

Bruce

Re: How many people does it take to auction 2,000 posters every week?
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »
Well right now we are at 25. Last summer I hired some high school and college kids and got up to 34, but the right number is around 27 or so, so right now I am looking for a couple of really good people to hire.

As those of you who deal with us know, we won't take the "average" employee. We are always on the lookout for really first rate people who can do their jobs exceptionally, and I never turn such a person down even when we don't really need them, because such people are growing more rare in today's world, where there is so little work ethic, and pride in a job well done.

Bruce

Bruce

Ten "found in a barn" lobby cards!
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:57 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2072529

Note that this lobby card (and nine others we are offering this week) were literally found in a barn, where they had been for the past 78 years! Each of the ten cards have MAJOR condition defects, so we have provided scans of both the front of the card and the back of the card, which allow you to clearly see exactly what condition the cards are in. We are not going to describe them, because you can see what is wrong with them from our images. Note that all of the cards have darkened to different degrees, and all of them are extremely fragile. But certainly, a talented restorer can paperback the card, and after proper restoration, the card will look nice, but it will surely be expensive to restore, and will have somewhat of a "restored" look after restoration, so bear all of this in mind before you place a bid on any of these cards!

Dr Hackenbush

Re: Ten "found in a barn" lobby cards!
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:26 AM »
The LC from IT'S A GIFT should bring a nice price.  Paper on that movie is rare

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
I would so love that Frankenstein...  It will be interesting to see what that brings.
It's more than a Hobby...

Bruce

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
Paul

Talk is cheap. In my auctions I require that the high bidder actual pay for their purchase within two weeks. Some have called this a "restrictive credit policy", and many other auctions do give 6 months or more to pay, but that results in LOTS of items never getting paid for, which is why you see the same items come up for auction again and again and again, until finally someone pays for it. MY consignors get paid for their items the month after the month in which it was sold, and that is just not true of lots of items at other auctions.

Come the end of Tuesday, this card will have a new home, whatever the final price. I just hope it goes to someone who would have appreciated it as much as you would have!

Bruce

Bruce

Everybody" knows that you can't get any "deals" on movie posters anymore!
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
Everybody" knows that you can't get any "deals" on movie posters anymore!

But in fact, "everybody" is wrong, at least when it comes to OUR auctions! It IS true in many other so-called "$1, No Reserve" auctions, you quickly learn that there is fine print that puts a MASSIVE minimum $14 buyers premium on all purchases, so that "$1, No Reserve" poster ends up costing you FIFTEEN DOLLARS (and sometimes there is exorbitant shipping added on as well)!

But in OUR auctions (at www.eMoviePoster.com), we have NO buyers premiums at all, so a $1 poster is REALLY a $1 poster! And we have the cold hard statistics to back up what we say. In 2010 alone we auctioned a grand total of 93,576 items (more than any other movie paper auction house has auctioned in their entire existence!).

Of those:
6,908 items sold for exactly $1
10,248 items sold for $2 or less
15,764 items sold for $3 or less
20,167 items sold for $4 or less
23,623 items sold for $5 or less
27,703 items sold for $6 or less
31,183 items sold for $7 or less
33,783 items sold for $8 or less
36,596 items sold for $9 or less
38,722 items sold for $10 or less
39,585 items sold for $11 or less
43,268 items sold for $12 or less
45,985 items sold for $13 or less
48,923 items sold for $14 or less

That means that over HALF of the items we auctioned in 2010 sold for under $15! We know that in those auctions with the $14 buyers premiums, they did not sell even ONE item for under $15, because even when an item sells for just $1 in their auctions, the $14 buyers premium brings it to $15, so EVERY item they auction sells for at least $15, plus shipping.

In these uncertain economic times, doesn't it make sense to spend your money where it goes the absolute furthest? We auction everything with a $1 opening bid and no reserves, and we only charge the actual cost of shipping (often less, when a buyer buys multiple items). We regularly give lots of great bonuses, often more valuable than the items required to qualify for them!

Every week, we auction 1,000 to 2,000 items in our Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday auctions combined, and it is a certainty that some fair percentage of them sell for "bargain" prices in every set of auctions, and there are often some absolute "steals"!

Of course, we also sell LOTS of high quality movie paper. In 2010 alone, we auctioned 5,800 items for over $100, and our top item on the year was the GILDA style B one-sheet which auctioned for $25,657!

We ended with $3,362,657 in total sales for 2010 (our all-time record sales year, and our third THREE million dollar year, our eighth consecutive year of two MILLION dollars of sales, and our TWENTY-FIRST consecutive year of ONE million dollar plus sales, and it proves that an honestly run auction absolutely CAN get just as good (or better) results than those who use shady business practices! We broke our total sales results for 2009 (which were $3,302,423.00, which had been our record sales year ever)! Our sales keep rising year after year, while most other auctions keep seeing steadily declining sales.

We auctioned around 8,000 more items in 2010 that we did in 2009, but we auctioned fewer items in our Tuesday and Thursday auctions than we had the previous year (the reason we still increased our total number of items was because of the addition of our Sunday auctions).

So whether you are looking for great deals, or the finest movie paper, or anything in-between, remember that eMoviePoster.com has sold more original vintage movie posters than anyone else in the entire world, and we have been in business for over 21 years!

Bruce

Absolute proof of the above; 407 one-sheets at $1 w/13 hours to go!
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
Three times EVERY week we auction hundreds of items that sell for low, low prices (we actually sell lots and lots of items for $1 and $2, and around half of all that we auction goes for $14 and under, and our leading 'competitor" NEVER auctions a single item for less than FIFTEEN DOLLARS, due to their outrageous $14 minimum buyers premium).

But Thursday night's 800 rolled 27" x 40" one-sheets (all guaranteed to be originals!), closing tonight, on February 3rd, represent REALLY incredible values, and that includes a lot of REALLY GREAT BARGAINS, because MANY of these are currently languishing at low, low, prices!

With just 13 hours to go, 800 rolled 27" x 40" one-sheets include a weird 149 that HAVE NO BID AT ALL! There are also are 407 that are still languishing at just $1 each and a mind-boggling 544 that are $3 each or under! THAT'S RIGHT, OVER HALF OF THESE ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY $1 EACH OR HAVE NO BID (AND NEARLY 70% OF THE ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY $3 EACH OR UNDER!), AND THAT INCLUDES A LOT THAT MOST DEALERS WOULD ASK $10, $20 OR MORE FOR!!

Why not declare independence from those dealers that have sky high $14 buyers premiums, overgraded items, nosebleed shipping (and they don't combine) etc, etc, etc?

Here's a few examples of the current incredible bargains (and there are dozens of others just as good as these!):
8z220 CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY advance DS 1sh '05 Johnny Depp as WIlly Wonka, Tim Burton! and it's currently $3 and its in VERY GOOD condition!
8z281 CRUMB 1sh '95 underground comic book artist and writer, Robert Crumb! and it's currently $3 and its in VERY GOOD condition!
8z551 JACKIE BROWN teaser 1sh '97 Quentin Tarantino, cool image of Robert De Niro with moustache! and it's currently $3 and its in VERY GOOD condition!
...and there are equally great deals at EVERY bid price from $1 to $20 or more!
HELLO! This is 2011 and I doubt you could have purchased many of these items for $3 (or $1!) 20 years ago (or any time in-between!), and remember that this price is LESS THAN ONE FIFTH (or much less) of the minimum buying price at those "other" auctions (thanks to their ludicrous $14 buyers premiums)!  And you can get as many of these items as you want sent in one package anywhere in the U.S. for just $10 shipping for all (or actual cost anywhere else), EVEN IF you win 100 or more! And if you are in our e-mail club (over 5,800 members), you get great added bonuses if you purchase 10 or 15 or 20 items (no matter how inexpensive)!

About The Rolled 27" x 40" One-Sheet Posters
     Note that we only included 27" x 40" one-sheets in this auction! Sometime in the late 1980s studios began printing their posters in a 27" x 40" format (it was a gradual change). We DO also auction 27" x 41" posters (which are almost all from before 1990), but we do that in a completely separate auction from this one. EVERY POSTER IN THIS AUCTION MEASURES 27" X 40", UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
     Also note that most of the posters we are selling this week were never folded. A very few of the posters were once folded (or partially folded, as in tri-folding), but all of those have been stored flat for a long time and will be shipped rolled in tubes, along with the completely unfolded ones.  We will NOT re-fold any of the "formerly folded" posters.  WE ALWAYS IDENTIFY WHETHER A POSTER IS UNFOLDED, TRI-FOLDED, OR FORMERLY FULLY FOLDED WITHIN THE DESCRIPTION FOR EACH ITEM!
About the Originality of Rolled One-Sheets
     Many collectors would like to add posters from their favorite movies of the 1980s onward to their collection, but they rightfully are afraid they will be sold commercial posters (or reproductions or bootlegs), rather than actual posters either used in theaters or intended for theater use.  WHEN YOU BUY FROM US THIS WEEK, YOU HAVE A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE BUYING A GENUINE ORIGINAL MOVIE POSTERS!  This is because all of these posters come to us either from theater owners, or from advanced collectors (often ones who purchased the posters right when the movies first came out), people who know how to distinguish an original poster, and also, we here at eMoviePoster very carefully scrutinize every poster to make 100% certain it is genuine!  But you don't have to take our word for it!  If you purchase any poster this week, and you have the slightest doubts about its originality after you receive it, it is fine for you to return it for a full refund within 7 days of receipt (but we virtually never get a single poster returned, because we reject any poster that is consigned to us if we have the slightest doubts about it!).

In these days of high starting bids or fourteen dollar minimum buyers premiums, it is a sight for sore eyes to see 800 rolled 27" x 40" one-sheets at such low, low prices with just 12 hours to go!

But wait! There's even more! If you are one of the 5,800+ members of our weekly e-mail club (and if you are not, you can join right now at http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php!), you get great bonuses if you purchase just 10, 15, or 20 of these items, and we even pay the U.S. shipping on the bonuses (if you live outside the U.S., you pay the difference between U.S. shipping and the actual cost of getting them to you).

Don't forget to check out our 800 rolled 27" x 40" one-sheets (all guaranteed to be originals!) sometime BEFORE they end TONIGHT Thursday, February 3rd, (but you only have 13 hours left to do so, because they start ending at 7 PM CST TONIGHT, so hustle over there right now!) by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/14.html

And now you can browse the items in ALL of galleries at one time in our All Auctions gallery at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html!
And you can always access our galleries by using the link from our homepage, http://www.emovieposter.com
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:43:03 PM by erik1925 »

guest8

Re: Everybody" knows that you can't get any "deals" on movie posters anymore!
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2011, 08:52:26 AM »
Bruce, Ive sent a couple emails to mail@emovie but havent ever gotten a response .. whats up ?! :(

Bruce

Re: Everybody" knows that you can't get any "deals" on movie posters anymore!
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
That's really odd! Send me a message through this forum with your name and e-mail address, and I'll check into it.

Sounds like either we aren't getting your e-mails or you aren't getting ours.

Was this about consignments?

Bruce

Bruce

Beta testers needed for our all new Auction History Archive!
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »
One of the few criticisms of our business is that our Sales Results Database (with over half a million entries) and our Poster Image Archive (with over a third of a million images) were too cumbersome to work in, and everyone wanted the two combined.

Well, we now have the beta version of the combined Auction History Archive, at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archive.html!

We are looking for some of you who already used both the old databases regularly to test this new database and report any bugs you find (or suggestions for improvements) to us at phillip@emovieposter.com

We think you will LOVE this new vastly improved combined database!

Bruce

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Beta testers needed for our all new Auction History Archive!
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »
The difference is huge, Bruce.  Just to have the pictures come up in the search results is a great step forward.  It was frustrating to have to click through each search result to have to see the picture.  And to have the pictures combined with the results in one response is just awesome!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
Nice.

I typed in Back to the Future and hit search.  Got a lot of hits for other movies, such as Cape Fear.  Maybe 1/3 of the page was for unrelated material.

The old interface had the ability to filter on titles, actors, size, etc.  It would be nice to have something where I could only get 1/2 sheets of anything titled BTTF released in 1985.

But I loved the amount of new detail available, like detailed condition of that particular item. It was also nice to be able to link directly to active auctions.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »
That is the first thing we need to get right, the ability to filter out the extraneous results.

But this is a good first step!

Bruce

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
Tried it after seeing the post in MoPo, and loved the new archive  clap  Aside from the amount of unrelated material that you get, one issue I did find was when I did a search for OUR GANG and filtered for "Condition (best to least) & (least to best)" the results were backwards: (least to best) started with NM stills & (best to least) started with posters in poor condition.  I sent an email to Philip to address these small glitches

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »
I too think it would be great to have the ability to search either solely by poster type or by movie name coupled with poster type - i.e. my luverly daybills ;)
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
you need to add boolean searches bruce

if you enter an incompletely worded title you get nothing
same with typos

most search webs have that and I believe youcan download a boolean text file to add to your database

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Bruce

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »
It is all coming guys!

Bruce

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
Great start.

I can find my stuff. I can see my stuff.

I know it needs tweaking but I like it!  ;D

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
Bruce.. when will yoube adding and orders and billing app so we can logon & make our payments directly

even I have this coming in the new site John Ours is working on (and has been working on, and working on, and working on....)

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Bruce, this is awesome!!!!!!  sm1
I've been wondering when you were going to combine the results for some time now

And yes, to echo Rich's words: Being able to make payments directly on your website would be the next best step for your site (in my opinion).

Best,
Adam
Best wishes,
Adam

Bruce

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
We are working on adding new features to our online checkout, and some will be coming soon, but being able to completely pay online (by any method) will likely take to the end of the year.

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
We have already started implementing many of the suggestions we have received (some are far easier to accomplish than others).

We have made it so that when you search for say "casablanca" you first see all results for that movie, followed by all other results that just happen to mention the word "casablanca".

Soon we will add a box that gives you the choice of "search titles only" or "search titles and descriptions" so that you will then easily only see "casablanca" results, but until then, the above is helpful.

Please know that we look closely at every single response and suggestion we receive, and the only reason we don't immediately implement something is because it is too difficult to accomplish right away, SO PLEASE RETURN TO THIS DATABASE IN A FEW DAYS (when you will surely see some changes) and see if you can make any other suggestions on how to make it better!

Thanks to everyone who has responded!

Bruce