Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 78647 times)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
Re: Eatbrie.com
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
so that's what the back of a Brinks truck looks like...

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
The anarchist in me wants to push them over ;D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »
Some flat files ready to be moved.

Others still waiting...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
Moved to my new place a couple weeks ago, almost all settled in, and this is what 12,000+ posters look like when organized.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
I thought maybe you were gonna post saying that now that Holiday was back and posted his thoughts you decided to sell everything to me.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »
Impressive organization skills, and nice whiteboard art.   thumbup thumbup

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »
You can go 1 or 2 more stacks high on those flatfiles, the base can hold it. Build up, not out  :)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
Can I ask how you know what is in where?

The box / tubes seem not to have any labels on them.  Or are they all neatly turned away rom the front to maintain a clean frontage?

Any chance you can unify the longer tubes?  They seem out of place next to the soldier-neat uniformity of the box tubes.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »
Glad the move went smoothly, T.

It all looks great. No bumps, dings or snafus, either.

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2016, 09:53:45 PM »
You can go 1 or 2 more stacks high on those flatfiles, the base can hold it. Build up, not out  :)

Are you sure about that?  I'm about to get 20 more drawers (2 boxes x2) because everything underneath is completely maxed out.  Each drawer had to be taken out and carried separately.  I want to say they're at least 50 pounds each.  Are you sure I can add more weight to it?

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2016, 09:56:37 PM »
Impressive organization skills, and nice whiteboard art.   thumbup thumbup

Yeah, it's from the previous owner.  Haven't had a chance to take it down yet.  I'll put my Magic personally signed jersey there.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »
Can I ask how you know what is in where?

The box / tubes seem not to have any labels on them.  Or are they all neatly turned away rom the front to maintain a clean frontage?

Any chance you can unify the longer tubes?  They seem out of place next to the soldier-neat uniformity of the box tubes.

Each tube is labeled and I have an extensive database that tells me exactly where each poster is.  I know what I spent on each poster, where I got it from, the name of the seller, when I got it, the condition of the poster, the cast, etc.  I can find any poster in my collection within 2 minutes.  Finding is easy, putting it all back to what I consider perfect alignment and stacking is very time consuming.  I won't show you the inside of the drawers, but let's just say it's extremely tidy.

And no, I can't put the larger posters in the same tubes since I collect from all around the world and posters come in different sizes.  40x60in, 47x69in, banners, etc...
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2016, 10:07:07 PM »
Glad the move went smoothly, T.

It all looks great. No bumps, dings or snafus, either.

thumbsup.gif

The two friends who helped me move the posters got $200 each, lunch and dinner on me, and a free John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl.  You're damn right there were no bumps, dings or snafus.

:)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2016, 10:09:01 PM »
The two friends who helped me move the posters got $200 each, lunch and dinner on me, and a free John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl.  You're damn right there were no bumps, dings or snafus.

:)

T

Had I only known... I would have helped for Free, being that we know how to use the poster-move kid gloves.  ;D

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2016, 10:10:43 PM »
Had I only known... I would have helped for Free, being that we know how to use the poster-move kid gloves.  ;D

You know what, they were going to help for free, but half way through the day, I felt bad and decided to give them something.  This was beyond friendship.  Plus, I don't want them to ask me for help in the future.  I'd much rather pay ;)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »
You know what, they were going to help for free, but half way through the day, I felt bad and decided to give them something.  This was beyond friendship.  Plus, I don't want them to ask me for help in the future.  I'd much rather pay ;)

T

Yeah... I know u are that kind of guy.... so just pullin' the proverbial leg on ya.

Glad the poster children arrived safe 'n sound.

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »
I have seen them 4 high, but the companies all say to only stack 3 high as long as you use the low bases you have. If you have the higher base with the bookshelves under it you can only go 2 high. So 3 high ,  you should be good to go, check the brands websites to be sure, but I have never heard of any you can't stack 3 high.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2016, 03:47:44 AM »
.....Plus, I don't want them to ask me for help in the future.  I'd much rather pay ;)

T

Hilarious.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »
I can find any poster in my collection within 2 minutes.

Impressive.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2016, 11:35:53 PM »
Moved to my new place a couple weeks ago, almost all settled in, and this is what 12,000+ posters look like when organized.

T

For fuck's sake, that's a lot of hoarding....

Lol.

;)

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2016, 10:55:40 PM »
I can't believe I have 2 posters up on my walls right now.  That's right, TWO!!!

Twins' birthday party this weekend, 3 years old, having some 70 guests at the house, and the theme is ET.  My kids are obsessed with it.  So I went to U to pick up some props and I dug up some posters for decoration. We'll have a life size ET in the backyard, Reese's pieces galore, daisies to take home, the soundtrack playing non stop throughout the house, the movie on every screen, you get the gist.

T
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:56:57 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2016, 04:46:19 AM »
Your house does seem quite awesome.

For 70 guests, I have to hire facilities elsewhere...!

Or will all your guests be in the ocean?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »
We used to throw a lot of big parties, at least 3 a year, then pretty much nothing since the kids came into our lives.  Looking forward to Saturday.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2016, 05:21:47 PM »
I bet.

Here's hoping future parties also cry out for the rare poster displays...

Have fun sir.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
Looks good, enjoy. My sympathies on the constant sound track though think I would lose it after so many hours and change it to Jaws or something for fun.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!