Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 77445 times)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: Eatbrie.com
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 10:50:29 AM »
Add a search bar if possible and call it a wrap :)

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2016, 03:45:41 PM »
How about a "buy it now" button? 

:-X

guest4754

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2016, 03:59:55 PM »
How about a "buy it now" button? 

:-X

Add a search bar if possible

These two options would be great.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 05:47:18 PM »
Thank you all for the great recommendations.  I will definitely look into what Tob mentioned.  It seems like a good idea.  I don't know yet what I want, a complete redo and a tweaking.  I know it has ran its course.  I would probably have to change the domain name too.  Eatbrie doesn't necessarily spell movie posters.  If only my wife had an interest in posters.  She could probably do it in half a day, since she created the original website back in 2000 and it took her an hour or so.  Alas, she doesn't and she will not.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4531

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2016, 01:26:11 AM »
Thank you all for the great recommendations.  I will definitely look into what Tob mentioned.  It seems like a good idea.  I don't know yet what I want, a complete redo and a tweaking.  I know it has ran its course.  I would probably have to change the domain name too.  Eatbrie doesn't necessarily spell movie posters.  If only my wife had an interest in posters.  She could probably do it in half a day, since she created the original website back in 2000 and it took her an hour or so.  Alas, she doesn't and she will not.

T

Or we can help too...     I am sure some of us would be ready to help.

It is an easy process...

A/ You buy a new domain name at 10 USD per year (I recommend NameCheap.com)
B/ You buy a web host (100 USD shared host at Hostgator)
C/ Someone web-savvy set up a Wordpress (it takes minutes)
D/ We (the few ready to help) can then register in Wordpress as editor and agree on custom fields.
E/ We slowly upload posts and pictures while the web guy improve wordpress theme and set up custom fields.

Regarding EatBrie, it doesn't spell posters but sometimes unique "brandable" names are better than common long names.

As for me, I would be ready to help if needed.

Cheers

Offline StarryKat

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
I agree, keep Eatbrie, I couldn't remember the name of the forum and knew it wasn't mpf, so I googled your name that I remembered and finally found this forum. You can always set up a redirector domain name to point to your site if you wanted a name more suited to movie posters.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
I'm another for staying eatbrie.com. On the web memorable is often better than descriptive.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 11:55:12 PM »
I agree. Searching for anything "movie posters" online will get you a zillion options. Something like "eatbrie", once the viewer stumbles on it, is far easier to remember to return to later.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 12:12:01 AM »
Yeah, and when looking to buy some brie online, visit allposters.com

:P

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »
As a webmaster, memorable is better than a titlegrab.  Stick with the original domain.  Tags, Social Media/Recognition go far beyond any .com name would.  The website name is the last thing you should worry about as long as its catchy.  You are who you are for those reasons like we all are.  Capitalize on what you already have.

Stick with it!

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 02:40:58 AM »
Regardless, you don't want to make money from it, so leave as is.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:16 PM »
12,000 movie posters and lobby card sets at Eatbrie.com

In November 2014, I passed the 10,000 poster mark, and today, 12,000 with this guy...  ;D

12,000 posters advertising 3,967 movies.  Not the largest collection ever, but probably the largest online private collection.  If you can think of another one, let me know.

T

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 07:05:27 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »
Gratz, T.

And the cool thing is.. in a year or 2, you will still know just where to find Dory.   ;D

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »
This sounds excessive

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:10 PM »
 :o  Congrats T,
thank god you opted for this rather than your second collecting passion that is, beanie babies  ;D

You will get the whole set for FD I presume... :P

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:12 PM »
How much space do 12,000 posters take up?
-Brian

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2016, 12:06:28 AM »
How much space do 12,000 posters take up?

Very little room if you're organized.  I have 8 flat file cabinets filled with folded posters, neatly organized by countries and size.  My rolled posters are in tubes of 50, all of them in absolute mint condition.  Everything is packed away, but easily accessible.  I have a very precise spread sheet that allows me to find anything within 2 minutes.  Finding is never a problem, it's putting back that kills, especially because everything has to be so perfectly stacked.  I've actually had people come to my house and never know that I collect posters (simply because they couldn't see any.)

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2016, 12:07:24 AM »
You will get the whole set for FD I presume... :P

What's FD?
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2016, 12:14:32 AM »
:o  Congrats T,
thank god you opted for this rather than your second collecting passion that is, beanie babies  ;D

No, no beanie babies, but I started collecting those Sideshow premium format figures.  I have a dozen in my office and my wife is screaming bloody murder.

I just bought this one, although it doesn't come until next year.

I have 3 more being delivered before the end of this year, and they're kind of big.  I'm wondering how I can hide them from the wife and keep the kids' paws away from it ;)

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:15:59 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2016, 12:19:01 AM »
Sideshow puts out AMAZING sculpts, there is no doubt about that. Their quality control and attention to the finest details are all top notch.

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »
Very cool Aliens piece, T.
 cheers

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »
Thanks.  I already have the loader and the Queen, so the King was a must.  Can't wait to line them up and make them fight.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2016, 12:07:17 AM »
Moving has begun.  First thing first, moving the rolled posters from the back of the garage to the front where they can be easily picked up.  There are on average 35 posters per tube.  About 30 more tubes are in a different location.

More to come.

T

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:08:31 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2016, 06:05:21 AM »
The neat-guy in me likes the uniformity of the box / tubes.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2016, 11:15:43 AM »
Liking that pic, all very neat.

Looking forward to seeing the moving pics..  pcorn
It's more than a Hobby...