Author Topic: Moviepostersgallery.com  (Read 80558 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moviepostersgallery.com
« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2023, 05:50:00 PM »
Right!  And I'm also pretty rude with the disclaimer, "not now, not ever...", just to make sure people know I'm a rude SOB.

I don't know if "impressive" is the word.  I'm way too lazy to sell stuff, and I don't like to deal with people.  Plus I really enjoy collecting and that's already taking too much of my free time.  I have 3 kids under 10, and they're obviously my first priority.  The way I see it, they can deal with the posters when I'm gone, trash 'em, burn 'em, sell 'em... what do I care.

I get what you're saying, but I was raised in a world where the words "Thank You" still carried some weight.  I've seen people do the same thing on this forum.  Ask a question and never acknowledge people's answers.  I don't want to deal with people like that, and as always, it is the good people I will end up not helping.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #351 on: November 29, 2023, 08:32:34 PM »

I get what you're saying, but I was raised in a world where the words "Thank You" still carried some weight.  I've seen people do the same thing on this forum.  Ask a question and never acknowledge people's answers.  I don't want to deal with people like that, and as always, it is the good people I will end up not helping.

T

For a lot of folks a forum, text message, etc. isn't for much dialogue.  It's annoying sometimes when it's kinda rude.  Gotta wonder how many people never even become a member, and just scroll through and never say anything.  It's their prerogative of course but it's more interesting when people join in the fun.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:37:05 PM by Neo »

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2024, 05:53:19 PM »
Ahhh...and thank goodness Neo responded on here. I'm behind in my perusal of your mammoth collection as well! Diving in now. Can't wait to see! CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »
For a lot of folks a forum, text message, etc. isn't for much dialogue.  It's annoying sometimes when it's kinda rude.  Gotta wonder how many people never even become a member, and just scroll through and never say anything.  It's their prerogative of course but it's more interesting when people join in the fun.

I think the last 10-15 messages I got were about people either asking me if I would sell something to them or wondering where they could find such or such poster.  Obviously, I don't answer the first question.  I have tried to help on the 2nd one multiple times (even doing some research) and never heard back.  So I'm done.  I just don't answer anymore.  Sadly, this is the world we live in today.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2024, 11:13:41 AM »
I get messages from all around the world, most from English speaking countries and most about asking me to sell stuff, which I have stopped answering.

But yesterday, I got my first Russian message.

Здравствуйте!
Очень великолепная коллекция постеров с Бельмондо, сам вырос на его фильмах, где можно хотя бы пару-тройку таких же найти.

Which, according to Google, translates into: Hello!
A very magnificent collection of posters with Belmondo, I myself grew up watching his films, where you can find at least a couple of the same ones.

Don't really know what he's asking, but I thought it was funny for a Russian dude to let me know his love for Jean-Paul Belmondo (a famous French actor mostly unknown in the US).  And how did he even find my website will remain a mystery.

T
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:14:48 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2024, 12:24:51 PM »
With the worldwide web, maybe he was looking up movie poster artwork or something and was directed to your website.  A couple weeks ago I was looking up a poster artwork I hadn't seen before and a photo from your website was the only one that appeared in the search results. 

I think he's just saying that in his country there are some of Belmondo's movies available to watch.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2024, 02:23:42 PM »
I don’t know.  I think he’s saying he wants to know where to buy a couple of posters.

It’s funny, every time I search for a poster that is listed on my website, everything shows up except my website.  I have no idea how to make it more visible, nor did I ever try to be honest.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2024, 02:40:46 AM »
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2024, 03:01:29 AM »
Well, obviously, if I want to know if a poster shows up from my website, I will not be typing the name of my website.

Funny though.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #359 on: Today at 07:26:05 AM »
Well, obviously, if I want to know if a poster shows up from my website, I will not be typing the name of my website.

Funny though.

T

It is a google search restricted to your website

Operators
To narrow your results in specific ways, you can use special operators in your search. Do not put spaces between the operator and your search term. A search for [site:nytimes.com] will work, but [site: nytimes.com] won't. Here are some popular operators:
-- Search for a specific site: Enter site: in front of a site or domain. For example, [site:youtube.com cat videos].
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?sjid=15652153624569673554-EU
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.