Author Topic: Part of a poster what's it worth?  (Read 4247 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Part of a poster what's it worth?
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »
I have part of a U.K. 12 sht for the Man who changed his mind. Is this worth anything or just a novelty from 1936? If I had the two quad size bits printed up is that restoration, or forgery. Not that I would want to sell anything from the golden age of Horror, especialy a Karloff film.
It's more than a Hobby...

Juli

Re: Part of a poster what's it worth?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »
If someone had the rest of it, then they may want the part they are missing. Be it you or the person who has the rest of it.

~ Juli

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
I'm sure you could sell it as is.  It's a great image.
I also think that if you were going to have the other sections recreated, there is nothing wrong with it as long as you clearly state that the sections were recreated from scratch and didn't exist before.  People can then make an informed decision.

But I agree with you, wouldn't want to be letting such a nice thing go easily!
Ves

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:34:29 PM »
I say keep as is, it looks great!
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »
I agree, great looking poster!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:21:44 PM »
No idea as to the potential value but I assume that piece is probably the best art of all the pieces and so...

It's a keeper for sure!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
I have part of a U.K. 12 sht for the Man who changed his mind. Is this worth anything or just a novelty from 1936? If I had the two quad size bits printed up is that restoration, or forgery. Not that I would want to sell anything from the golden age of Horror, especialy a Karloff film.

This is really an interesting question, especially if there were no others, whether complete or incomplete, in existence. Could the section that is had be likened to a page from a text of some kind (like an early bible) that had been lost, as far as trying to place a value on it? Even as a stand alone portion, it has some great imagery and preserving even that piece certainly has value on various levels, Karloff notwithstanding.

-Jeff

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
Jeff, you may find for a Valuation section, No one has actually put a value on anything...Maybe posters collectors don't like to commit. ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »
Probably because we don't have a clue.

Bruce has been putting incomplete US 3 sheet bulk lots in his Sunday auctions for several months now.  He usually has 6-8 titles including 1 pretty good one.  The lot seems to go for under $100 and often under $50.

Probably be worth your while value-wise to have the other third recreated.  However, I'd agree with everyone else and keep it.  It is a great image.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
Probably because we don't have a clue.

Bruce has been putting incomplete US 3 sheet bulk lots in his Sunday auctions for several months now.  He usually has 6-8 titles including 1 pretty good one.  The lot seems to go for under $100 and often under $50.

Probably be worth your while value-wise to have the other third recreated.  However, I'd agree with everyone else and keep it.  It is a great image.

The trick would be finding a reference image (or another complete 3 sheet) to be able to recreate the missing portion.  ;)

-Jeff