Author Topic: Some numbers  (Read 4408 times)

Bruce

Some numbers
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
The first three months have ended, and I have the stats for our auctions over those three months (these do NOT include our auctions that closed April 1st or 3rd):

We had $743,588 in sales. We did not have a mini-major auction during those months, so we are right on schedule to break last year's sales record (but only if we can keep up our current sizzling pace).

We sold 29,699 items. If we kept up that rate, we would auction just under 120,000 items in 2012!

Of those 29,699 items, 17,217 went under $15. In the past, almost exactly 50% of our sales were for under $15, so have been having even more great buys than ever! Of course, that "other" auction house has never auctioned even one item for under $15 ever, thanks to their $14 minimum buyers premiums.

Here is the statistic I am most proud of! Of the $743,588 in sales, $742,399.95 of those were paid for, which means we only had $1,188.05 in canceled sales, a tiny fraction of our total sales for that period. We collected on 99.85% of the items! This is thanks to our accurate and honest descriptions, and our relentless pursuit of bidders who don't pay, and our permanently banning the PEOPLE who never pay (not just their ID, as eBay and many other auctioneers do, which lets them return over and over). This policy saves all our honest bidders LOTS of money, because they are only bidding against other real bidders who will honor their bids (or be banned for life).

Of course I need to thank our 935 great consignors for providing the above material that yielded so many sales, our 34,000+ bidders who bought so many items, and our 24 great employees who make eMoviePoster.com the best auction house there is!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Some numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »

Here is the statistic I am most proud of! Of the $743,588 in sales, $742,399.95 of those were paid for, which means we only had $1,188.05 in canceled sales, a tiny fraction of our total sales for that period. We collected on 99.85% of the items!

While I know you need no encouragment Bruce that really is an astonishing figure on completed sales!
Chris

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
Congrats Bruce!

Out of curiosity, what do you do on the 0.15% of auctions that have a non-paying winner? Do you relist the item or offer it to the next highest bidder?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »
I want to know if we can log into our accounts and see what fraction of the total came from our purchases!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
It would be nice if you could see a quarter by quarter auction history. I think it would be interesting to see the top selling posters for the last quarter.

Bruce

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:21 AM »
Harry, the reason we don't have your individual account information (everything you bought going back forever) is that you see over and over again where major companies have such information hacked (and sensitive information on millions of users is compromised). Yes, it is great that many companies give you access to this kind of information, but it is a double-edged sword.

enki, you can't see quarter by quarter top selling posters, but you can see the top 800 year by year at this page: http://www.emovieposter.com/sales/top800.php

Since 2012 is only slightly over one quarter over, you can see the top 800 for 2012 so far at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/sort/4/topitems/2012/archive.html (but as the year continues it will keep adding in new items that break into the top 800 for the year. The list will change drastically after our Spring Mini/Major auction at the end of April, because it has a ton of excellent items!

Bruce