Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 621192 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: James Bond
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
I was kidding by the way!

Hey Harry, say hello to the modern-day Helen of Troy:

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
Hey Harry, say hello to the modern-day Helen of Troy:

STOP! NOW!

I call Bullshit!!!! on that....this gross and disgusting skank wouldnt launch one rat filled sloop let alone a thousand ships.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
this gross and disgusting skank wouldnt launch one rat filled sloop let alone a thousand ships.
Well put Zorba. 

I'm not gonna fall for your Winehouse bait again Mel... I might catch something just thinking about her.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 06:51:23 PM »
Once again Mel....Sweeeet.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2010, 01:17:25 PM »
Dave Lieberman posted this pic on MOPO of one of his employee Jenna, who is a part-time model, in a Goldfinger pose:

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »
That is exactly why I only buy from Dave...
just knowing she might have touched my purchase makes me HAPPY!!!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »
We're coming up on 50 years of James Bond, so I put together virtually every James Bond English language theater one sheet (not any other size) I could find - including some obscure ones - and put them on a poster in chronological order.  They probably will issue some sort of official 50th anniversary poster but it won't include many of these.  The image coming from Pbucket is a little blurry but the attached image is clearer.  I have a full-blown 300dpi 27x41 I'm going to print out eventually:

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:15 PM »
Mel, you are a man possessed.  Nice job, dude!

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 02:53:02 AM »
nice job Mel!

Adz could do a similarly spectacular one with all the posters in his collection....

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 10:34:15 AM »
Mel, you are a man possessed.  Nice job, dude!

Yes one of these days I will escape from poster world! I've been threatening to take a surf school vacation in Costa Rica, which may kick me back into the real world :)

Adz931

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
I like that, Mel!
Nice one!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
Yes one of these days I will escape from poster world! I've been threatening to take a surf school vacation in Costa Rica, which may kick me back into the real world :)

Mel, in all honesty, that sounds better than any poster collecting bullshit.  You should already be there.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »
Better get doin' some squats too.  I did my fair share in Okinawa, and I always found the toll on the quads the most taxing aspect.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 03:17:39 PM »

What's the deal Mel?  Any true bond collector knows there are two Goldfinger 1-sheets... a glossy and a matte!   ;D

Nice job by the way.  What percentage of those listed do you own now?

We're coming up on 50 years of James Bond, so I put together virtually every James Bond English language theater one sheet (not any other size) I could find - including some obscure ones - and put them on a poster in chronological order.  They probably will issue some sort of official 50th anniversary poster but it won't include many of these.  The image coming from Pbucket is a little blurry but the attached image is clearer.  I have a full-blown 300dpi 27x41 I'm going to print out eventually:

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
And as long as I'm nit-picking... there are 2 original Thunderballs as well.  The one with the jetpack that extends above the border and the one with the extra foot in the lower right.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »
Here's a much larger version of the anniversary picture, with a couple of corrections:

http://posternirvana.com/misc/Bond.html

Here's my current Bond collection:

http://posternirvana.com/myposters/Series_James_Bond.html

Harry, thanks for the info!  I only had space for 81 posters, so I didn't use minor variants.  It's mostly to show the evolution of Bond posters over time.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »
Well said and said well, Thierry.  Of course, that wisdom is coming from the guy with "4,800 posters and counting"!  :)

It's gonna happen in the next three months.  Surfing is extremely physically demanding. I'm getting back in peak swimming shape for it - yesterday swam 1 mile in 29 minutes, so I'm almost ready.

Good for you.  I can run (13 marathons and counting  ;)), but I can't swim for shit (which is kinda sad since I live in Southern Cal).  I almost drowned when I was 7, and I remember it as if it happened yesterday.  My wife does Triathlons, and I'm in awe.  So anyone who can swim a mile gets my admiration.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Collector
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03:46 AM »
I love surfing too, haven't tried Costa Rica but i hear its cool.

I would recommend Lacanau, France and Freights/Silversands Barbados for a chilled out vibe too

The older you get the bigger the board you tend to ride... mine is 8ft 10" these days!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »
I like that, Mel!
Nice one!

By the way Adz, your excuses for hiding your collection - if it actually exists - are totally lame but your Bondposters.com website is pretty cool, although excessively commercialized.

• Collector
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »
oh Jesus! dont start that one again

yes its starting to look quite good but cant help noticing that most of the images are from 007 magazine rather than from the infamous Adz collection

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:33 PM »
I can't afford the original Goldfinger quad but I did land the next big thing today - the 2007 official re-release quad by Park Circus (it is a full 40x30 poster, not undersized).  This is the seller's pic.  It wasn't cheap, so I'm hoping it looks impressive in person:

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:32 PM »
Does anyone know the details about the UK re-release of Thunderball in 2000?  LAMP is the only site I've been able to find with a photo of artwork which AFAIK is unique compared to all the other T-ball posters.  They have it listed as a 35th anniversary re-release.  Other than that, though, I've been searching the interwebs all morning and can't find any other references to this poster.  Nada.  Does anyone have one of these?  Or does anyone have an idea of what these might sell for?  I don't think it is a Park Circus release as they weren't founded as a company until 2003...

LAMP'S PHOTO COURTESY OF CINEARTGALLERY

I figure it must be rare as even Adz doesn't have it listed on his site ;)  Here is the one I'm considering purchasing -- it is removable from the frame I'm told.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010, 10:11:05 PM »
Sorry to bump this so soon... But I need to give the seller an answer soon. Thanks!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »
This isn't for a re-release of the film.

It is just a celebration of the film with some artwork that was rejected for the marketing campaign.  I think it was commissioned by a group called Spyguise, an ebay site dedicated to selling original and memorabilia.

So it is not 30x40 and it is an unofficial poster.

$50.  It is a more explosive design than the UK quad artwork.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »
Thanks Simes!  Adding "spyguise" to my search terms as helped considerably.  This site dedicated to The Art of James Bond has some cool insights about the Thunderball variations... including some of the unused original drawings which are present in the spyguise poster.  This one for instance:

They mention the poster in question as a "limited edition".  Do you (or anyone) know what the print numbers were limited to?  I have the option to buy this for $75 so I'm still not sure if I should go through with the purchase...

By the way, check out some of the other variations on the classic Thunderball artwork from that site... It would have been awesome if they used the original McGinnis drawing (1)!  At least they brought back some of the cleavage for the Italian paper (3).