Movie Posters > Genres

James Bond

<< < (2/438) > >>

Dread_Pirate_Mel:

--- Quote from: Harry Caul on February 11, 2010, 10:34:11 AM ---Speaking of eBay deals....

What about this special French 2-panel (stacked, not side-by-side) for On Her Majesty's Secret Service in supposedly excellent condition... it only went for $88 two weeks ago on eBay

--- End quote ---

#$%#!  I'm adding the "scan international auctions" to the weekly task list -they're obviously getting less attention than the US originals.

Harry Caul:
Mel, I've seen your apartment in the pictures you post... I hate to break it to you but your ceilings are tall enough either ;)

Seriously though, I think the poster market is at rock bottom right now.  The 70s re-release French Humungousauruses (French Humungousauri... what would plural be T?) for Bonds like Dr. No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, etc... have all been going for ~$100 lately, if not less.  A far cry from two years ago when even the re-releases were fetching $500.

Harry Caul:
Well, before we all sing the praises of eBay bond deals... some cautionary notes are in order.  Whoever the winner of this auction is is going to be very upset someday when they discover they bought a reprint:

Undersized Rolled Thunderball Quad... going for $312 and counting!

The dimensions didn't go up until after the first few bids had been placed.  They are only 26 3/4" x 38 3/4".  Also, after comparing it to every other example on Heritage and eMovieposter, the borders are much different than then originals. This eBay poster has way too much white border below the bottom credits.  I know people often try to pass off reprinted, undersized quads as originals that had been "trimmed" to fit better in frames (my ass).  I don't know how they would explain this one which has MORE white border at the bottom than the originals! 

Here is an an original from Bruce for comparison:

scartacus:
I checked in with the buyer on this one too -- she was clueless rather than dishonest. Apart from the undersize measurements, the paper looks a little too glossy/reflective to be 60s vintage.

Harry Caul:
Did you tell her it wasn't an original?  I wonder if she would take down the listing or just let it ride?  So many of them do....

There is also a Some Like it Hot Belgian poster for sale on eBay right now.  It is a mint reprint (with "Printed in Belgium" in English at the bottom).  I told the seller it was a reproduction, but they haven't removed the listing yet...

What's their slogan... "What ever it is, you can get it on eBay."  True indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version