Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 623523 times)

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: James Bond
« Reply #1725 on: October 05, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »
A French guy did it , just backing.....no restoring.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SAxQp0SzM3k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SAxQp0SzM3k</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OI0pjLQ6dwg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OI0pjLQ6dwg</a>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:29:01 AM by erik1925 »

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #1726 on: October 08, 2015, 03:47:41 AM »
What do you know, it did!

Jees, that is one bland poster! Truely awful!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1727 on: October 08, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »
And I was thinking better than the Skyfall posters.... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1728 on: October 08, 2015, 12:23:46 PM »
Jees, that is one bland poster! Truely awful!

The cool, top hatted skull in the background makes it just a tad more interesting.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:40:58 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1729 on: October 10, 2015, 06:08:25 AM »
And again, for the completists, a version with 'Experience in IMAX'.

Like the teaser quad, these seem to have a limited print run as I only ever saw two of each for sale so far.  The rest of the output Not including IMAX references.

The teaser came DS, and, my version at least, of the main quad came on a slightly thicker paper stock and SS!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1730 on: October 10, 2015, 08:05:42 AM »
The single sided ones are done at printers local to Imax cinemas, and are not printed up at source, or the main printers. Most Cinemas have these contacts locally. The fellow I know can get all kinds done there....Scary isn't it!!

Anyway this is why there are fewer of that type.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1731 on: October 10, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »
So you think there will be a DS version of such in existence?

It would make sense bearing in mind the teaser IMAX poster being DS...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1732 on: October 10, 2015, 10:33:27 AM »
It's only a guess Simon, but I think it's possible..

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1733 on: October 11, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
Japanese:

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1734 on: October 11, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
Anyway this is why there are fewer of that type.

Just wondering if there was a misunderstanding.  My 'fewer of that type' wondering was more to do with the IMAX reference on the quads this time around.  And not specifically the SS element.  For Skyfall, all the quads, excepting the 1st teaser referenced IMAX.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1735 on: October 11, 2015, 02:12:50 PM »
And this, just in.

A 101 on poster care.  'When taking the photo to illustrate your sale, use 20 fingers and a stool leg to flatten it out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECTRE-007-Original-UK-Cinema-Quad-Poster-40x30-inches-James-Bond-/161854900139?hash=item25af4dc7ab

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1736 on: October 11, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
oh haha thats hilarious.

An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Mirosae

« Reply #1737 on: October 12, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
Hehe... oh oh...Too many finger prints all over the poster...uhm  :P

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1738 on: October 12, 2015, 07:50:00 PM »
I can't help but think what a cool poster SPECTRE could be if they let an illustrator at it.
You BOND fans should petition the studio to honor this series with some retro designs that do the series justice.
Just my two cents.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1739 on: October 12, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
What is the thought among Bond fans about Craig and being Bond?

I look at him and think he is totally miscast in this character.

I don't see Bond at all, when I look at him, especially when I think back to the likes of Connery and Moore.

I think of him as a Timothy Dalton-ish type of replacement (more the nemesis look, like Dalton had, imo, too).

(Again, this is just me 2¢ opinion here)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:10:27 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #1740 on: October 12, 2015, 11:59:57 PM »
this might be telling, I am not a bond fan, but I quite like the Craig ones.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1741 on: October 13, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »
And i should add, that none of the Bond series (films) ever totally grabbed me, even as a kid. The question above (or observation) was/is based strictly on his look and demeanor, as compared to the earlier, and more well known Bonds.  
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:29:43 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #1742 on: October 13, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »
I am thinking of revisiting the bond films, i saw a bit of one (Moore) recently on TV and was surprised how cheesey it looked. I might enjoy them more now if they haven't aged so well or have aged very well depending on outlook.

*a disclaimer
As a kid my best friend LOVED bond, and I loved HORROR. When we rented videos he always chose Bond, and usually the same one (the one with the speedboats going over the land, whatever that is called), and I rented horror films.
I was always a fussy kid, I LOVED what I liked and HATED what i didn't love, if that makes sense.
Music, books, movies.
I am much the same now, but I realised later in life that Horror wasn't the only genre to watch.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1743 on: October 13, 2015, 12:25:50 AM »
I am thinking of revisiting the bond films, i saw a bit of one (Moore) recently on TV and was surprised how cheesey it looked. I might enjoy them more now if they haven't aged so well or have aged very well depending on outlook.

*a disclaimer
As a kid my best friend LOVED bond, and I loved HORROR. When we rented videos he always chose Bond, and usually the same one (the one with the speedboats going over the land, whatever that is called), and I rented horror films.
I was always a fussy kid, I LOVED what I liked and HATED what i didn't love, if that makes sense.
Music, books, movies.
I am much the same now, but I realised later in life that Horror wasn't the only genre to watch.

I love horror, too... Big time.

But i agree... in many ways, the earlier Bond films feel very dated (to me)... and it's probably a combo of things... from wardrobe, to makeup and hair styles to the very distinctive 60's (sounding) scores.

But they are iconic and loved by many.... so that's all that matters.  :)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:29:16 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #1744 on: October 13, 2015, 12:28:11 AM »
dont get me wrong, I dont begrudge the fans, I mean I love KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN and I dont think I have ever met anyone who likes this film.
And I suspect I would like the bond films now without my childhood blinkers on (as I did like the craig ones)
An Error Has Occurred!

Mirosae

« Reply #1745 on: October 13, 2015, 04:23:26 AM »
I can't help but think what a cool poster SPECTRE could be if they let an illustrator at it.
You BOND fans should petition the studio to honor this series with some retro designs that do the series justice.
Just my two cents.

I thought the same.  But then again I am not a Bond follower. I wonder what Bond fans think. Simes, are you pleased with the artwork? To me is lacking uhm...edge...but uhm.... girly2.gif
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:24:11 AM by Mirosae »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1746 on: October 13, 2015, 12:32:35 PM »
dont get me wrong, I dont begrudge the fans, I mean I love KEEP MY GRAVE OPEN and I dont think I have ever met anyone who likes this film.
And I suspect I would like the bond films now without my childhood blinkers on (as I did like the craig ones)

Always best to keep that open, Ari. You never know.. someone may trip along, fall in, and also love it!  devil 2

-Jeff

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #1747 on: October 16, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
The very latest IMAX SPECTRE poster is brilliant in my opinion.
With the SPECTRE posters in general the designer has actually had some freedom.

Anyway...I speak with several members of this forum occasionally and asides from the one I have spoken with already, I wonder if any of the UK fans noticed the Bond posters on "This Morning", ITV, yesterday morning?
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1748 on: October 16, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
I thought the same.  But then again I am not a Bond follower. I wonder what Bond fans think. Simes, are you pleased with the artwork? To me is lacking uhm...edge...but uhm.... girly2.gif

Hi,

It is what it is. 

I marvel at the (comparative) daring that went into the Black Swan campaign where only the three colours offered synergy between the various offerings.  Designs and fonts all being completely unique unto their own poster.

The Bonds are currently all stuck together by Empire Design (they have an office in London)  (Please note, I use the words 'stuck' and 'office' as being completely unrelated to anything, design.)  I am aware that the posters of old had to tell a complete marketing story that, due to TV spots, youtube, vlogs and the rest, no longer should be considered the posters' sole marketing responsibility.

That said, and this is not specific only to Bond, if the complete marketing thrust is no longer dependent only on the poster, then surely, this should give a degree of freedom of movement for some real designers to stride forth. And this Can be photographic.  It does not have to be drawn art.

In terms of Bond, Michael G Wilson (the producer) is himself a photographer.  I am amazed he signs off on this shit that currently and recently advertises his product.  If I had spent $200m on a 'product', then I would be all over this face of advertising.

To be frank, I am at the point where I really think the Bond poster need not be anything more than a construction of 'James Bond', '007', and the 'Title'.  Black on White.  The rest is completely redundant from an Inspiration Inducing point of view.

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #1749 on: October 16, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
probably they know people will go.
I don't think Bond fans would say POSTER SUCKS NOT GOING TO THIS ONE.
Though I think they could just get a pic from the stills photographer onset and use one that is more interesting.
But I don't earn a million for thinking up advertising campaigns sop what do i know?

The very latest IMAX SPECTRE poster is brilliant in my opinion.
With the SPECTRE posters in general the designer has actually had some freedom.

And seems some people like them, unless this is something else.
An Error Has Occurred!