Collecting and Collectibles in Other Areas > Show Us Your Other Collectibles

Skateboards

(1/4) > >>

Neo:
Just recovered these from storage.  I started to sell the McGill on eBay a couple weeks ago, but after seeing it around my abode for a few days, I couldn't part with it.  After 2 days on eBay there were about 50 watchers and a few hundred page views.  Another forum I joined recently is http://skullandbonesskateboards.com/forums/.  A lot of awesome art, especially the 80s stuff.

These first two are from the mid-late 80s and they are cooler now than they were back then.  I felt like I took a trip in a time machine after seeing them again after 15 and 20+ years.

I got the Lucky Strike deck in the mid 90s and thought it was real cool, so despite my friends telling me I should put trucks and wheels on it and ride it, I stuck it on my dresser where it was displayed for several years.  It's now a pretty rare deck, and I'm glad I preserved it.

CJ138:
YES!! Mike McGill! I always loved that deck. My first "real"skateboard was a Lance Mountain modern primitive deck with santa cruz slimeballs.  I loved that thing.  Old decks can be worth alot of dough.

Ari:
my first "real" skateboard (read expensive) was a Guerrero like this-

Independant trucks, kryptonic wheels. What a sweet ride.

Then I got into freestyle and got a Mullen, but then got back into street and stuck with my Mullen for it, was so used to it.

Those were the days. got clocked at 60+ KPH one day. Yeeehaw. (no pads, gloves or helmut etc).

I've been thinking of trying to get one to ride again, I hate these new fandangled decks that look the same backwards as forwards ;).
I see they are reissuing the classic 80's boards, and quite cheap (at least compared to what I had to pay in the 80's).

theartofmovieposters:

--- Quote from: Ari on April 03, 2012, 09:00:36 PM ---my first "real" skateboard (read expensive) was a Guerrero like this-

Independant trucks, kryptonic wheels. What a sweet ride.

Then I got into freestyle and got a Mullen, but then got back into street and stuck with my Mullen for it, was so used to it.

Those were the days. got clocked at 60+ KPH one day. Yeeehaw. (no pads, gloves or helmut etc).

I've been thinking of trying to get one to ride again, I hate these new fandangled decks that look the same backwards as forwards ;).
I see they are reissuing the classic 80's boards, and quite cheap (at least compared to what I had to pay in the 80's).

--- End quote ---

Who is this and what have you done with our Ari?

Neo:
CJ, the McGill was my first nice deck.  I remember picking it up at the store like it was yesterday, but it was in about 1988.  The Lance Mountain decks and slimeball wheels are classics also.  It is cool to see how much these sell for now.  I've had numerous offers on the McGill and Sims Staab "mad scientist", and I've heard that the Sims board regularly sells for well over $1,000 in excellent condition.

Ari, I never knew you were into skating.  It's a pretty big culture over in Australia, huh?  A couple of the guys who were sending me offers on my McGill are from Australia. 

I don't know what the quality is like on the reissues, but they look cool. 

60 kph?  Sounds like fun.  I was never into doing twirly flips and stuff, but I love speed.  Always had ultra clean Swiss bearings and good wheels for getting the most speed around flat Florida, and I had some really cool roads near my house called the "pink streets" (because they were painted pink) that were freshly paved ultra smooth with almost zero cracks, great for going fast, but I bet riding in hilly areas would be awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version