Home Theater & Entertainment > For Sale/Trade/Wanted

Bond DVD's for sale

<< < (3/3)

Zorba:

--- Quote from: Harry Caul on March 19, 2012, 01:43:46 PM ---I feel like a sucker for having bought upwards of 200 DVDs.  I'm a quality snob and I won't even look at them now unless I think there is no way a blu-ray is going to be released in the next year or so.  And even then, I usually just stream it on Netflix as the quality is about the same.  I think I'm done 'collecting' media.

--- End quote ---

I also have many DVDs and have bought the blu ray upgrade for many of them but there are movies (like comedies) that are good enough on the dvd that I am keeping em forever.

I just think the difference between a blu ray and streaming is still too big for me to stop buying them. Not just the picture but the sound too. Besides I like the cases. Especially digibooks.

paul waines:

--- Quote from: Harry Caul on March 19, 2012, 01:43:46 PM ---I feel like a sucker for having bought upwards of 200 DVDs.  I'm a quality snob and I won't even look at them now unless I think there is no way a blu-ray is going to be released in the next year or so.  And even then, I usually just stream it on Netflix as the quality is about the same.  I think I'm done 'collecting' media.

--- End quote ---

Oh hell, what does that make me, I have well over 1500 dvd's and Blu-ray discs.... eyeroll   Am I done collecting these.............No, they are far too convenient to just throw on when the mood takes 8). Storage is a bugger though :(.

Zorba:

--- Quote from: paul waines on March 19, 2012, 02:48:33 PM ---
Oh hell, what does that make me, I have well over 1500 dvd's and Blu-ray discs.... eyeroll   Am I done collecting these.............No, they are far too convenient to just throw on when the mood takes 8). Storage is a bugger though :(.

--- End quote ---

You seem like a guy who gets what he wants and worries about storage later... 

Harry Caul:

--- Quote from: paul waines on March 19, 2012, 02:48:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

You seem like a guy I want to live a few houses down from me so I can borrow them  ;D

Seriously though, I have bought a handful of blu-rays, but long gone are the days I buy a movie just because I think I *might* want to watch it some day.  I still have tons of DVDs with the original shrink wrap on from a decade ago...  Nowadays I'd rather have a Netflix subscription (br discs + streaming) and buy posters with the money I'm saving!  Another factor for me is the baby... I used to watch a good 4-5 movies a week.  Now I'm down to maybe 1 every 2 weeks if I'm lucky.

Juli:
I forgot to mention, a big thing is I like watching them on my TV. So I guess I will just hang onto the DVDs seeing as it's quite time consuming to transfer them and the fact that it becomes difficult to be able to easily play those digitally stored movies on your TV without the use of a computer. I would also like to be able to access them on an iPad when I am not around my TV but I think it's more important to have them available to watch on my TV than on an iPad. Just hate how much space they take up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version