Author Topic: Bond DVD's for sale  (Read 16385 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Bond DVD's for sale
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
Movin out some dupes if anyone is interested, $5 per, + exact ship.

Live and Let Die - never opened
Thunderball - never opened
For Your Eyes only - never opened
Die Another Day
World Is Not Enough
Moonraker
Dr. No
Goldfinger

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Bond DVD's for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Dale, if you are in APF and talking about Bond stuff, you must SHOW pics to prove you have them  ;D
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
DVDs???  What's that?  Great titles, but it's been years since I bought a DVD.  I didn't know they were still making them.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
Oh my, cripes I still buy VHS, Id buy BETA if i found them.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
I still buy Blu, probably should stop, but I like to have something in hand instead of streaming purchases.

Off to Amazon or ebay with these then. Dont want to throw them away!

Juli

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
I have a bunch of DVDs (180 movies and a bunch of TV sets). I would love to find a way to get them digitally, either on an iPad (plan to buy one sometime soon) or an external hard drive since I don't think I can fit all 180 movies onto a 64 GB iPad. I feel like just getting rid of them all right now but then I won't have the movie anymore to watch whenever I feel like it and there is something nice about just having the movie.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:04:23 PM by Juli »

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 04:22:44 PM »
Free shipping today only on ANY order (these are great people to order from)

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/default.asp?

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
I have a bunch of DVDs (180 movies and a bunch of TV sets). I would love to find a way to get them digitally, either on an iPad (plan to buy one sometime soon) or an external hard drive since I don't think I can fit all 180 movies onto a 64 GB iPad. I feel like just getting rid of them all right now but then I won't have the movie anymore to watch whenever I feel like it and there is something nice about just having the movie.

Use anydvd to rip them to computer disc, then download.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
-Jay-

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »

It's very easy, albeit time consuming, to rip DVDs to a digital format. Depending on the power of your computer, it can take anywhere from a dozen or so minutes to a couple hours (or more) per movie.

The size per movie depends on the codecs you chose for audio/video, the compression level and other various settings you pick. Those settings are really determined by the purpose of the rip. In other words, if you only plan on playing it on an iPad or tablet/phone/etc., you don't really need full 1080p with Dolby 7.1 surround sound, and can make the file size much smaller. On the other hand, if you want as close to full-DVD quality as possible to play on any device (including your TV), you'll want a higher quality rip.

An uncompressed DVD quality rip will average about 4.5GB per movie. But that is an extreme example using no compression or optimization. A "good" quality rip, suitable for viewing on a mobile device or TV can be had for about 700MB per movie. If you want a slightly better quality picture/sound, you could get away with about 1.5GB per movie. Most of the movies you see available on less-than-perfectly-legal-websites will average somewhere between the two.

One also has to take into account the quality of the original. If the DVD you have is nothing more then a copy of a VHS or lesser quality original source, which is true for older movies, then you might as well keep the rip quality low too.

Assuming an average size of 1GB a movie (give or take), your 180 movies will take up about 180GB of space, which will far exceed your iPad's internal storage.

On a side but related note, I would advise against getting an iPad, and recommend a good quality Android based tablet. But that's because I dislike overpriced and underpowered Apple products. The new top-of-the-line Asus Transformer Prime, which is significantly more powerful then the iPad and at a slightly cheaper price, includes an external micro-sd slot. You could therefore easily load up specific movies from your digital collection as you needed them by just swapping cards.

You could also look into cloud storage for the movies you want to see. Granted you will be limited to 25-50GB of "free" storage, and you would need high-speed Internet access when you want to watch them, but it would allow you to stream the movies to your device(s) without having to use your internal storage.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
I feel like a sucker for having bought upwards of 200 DVDs.  I'm a quality snob and I won't even look at them now unless I think there is no way a blu-ray is going to be released in the next year or so.  And even then, I usually just stream it on Netflix as the quality is about the same.  I think I'm done 'collecting' media.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
I feel like a sucker for having bought upwards of 200 DVDs.  I'm a quality snob and I won't even look at them now unless I think there is no way a blu-ray is going to be released in the next year or so.  And even then, I usually just stream it on Netflix as the quality is about the same.  I think I'm done 'collecting' media.

I also have many DVDs and have bought the blu ray upgrade for many of them but there are movies (like comedies) that are good enough on the dvd that I am keeping em forever.

I just think the difference between a blu ray and streaming is still too big for me to stop buying them. Not just the picture but the sound too. Besides I like the cases. Especially digibooks.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 02:48:33 PM »

Oh hell, what does that make me, I have well over 1500 dvd's and Blu-ray discs.... eyeroll   Am I done collecting these.............No, they are far too convenient to just throw on when the mood takes 8). Storage is a bugger though :(.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

Oh hell, what does that make me, I have well over 1500 dvd's and Blu-ray discs.... eyeroll   Am I done collecting these.............No, they are far too convenient to just throw on when the mood takes 8). Storage is a bugger though :(.

You seem like a guy who gets what he wants and worries about storage later... 

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »

You seem like a guy I want to live a few houses down from me so I can borrow them  ;D

Seriously though, I have bought a handful of blu-rays, but long gone are the days I buy a movie just because I think I *might* want to watch it some day.  I still have tons of DVDs with the original shrink wrap on from a decade ago...  Nowadays I'd rather have a Netflix subscription (br discs + streaming) and buy posters with the money I'm saving!  Another factor for me is the baby... I used to watch a good 4-5 movies a week.  Now I'm down to maybe 1 every 2 weeks if I'm lucky.

Juli

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »
I forgot to mention, a big thing is I like watching them on my TV. So I guess I will just hang onto the DVDs seeing as it's quite time consuming to transfer them and the fact that it becomes difficult to be able to easily play those digitally stored movies on your TV without the use of a computer. I would also like to be able to access them on an iPad when I am not around my TV but I think it's more important to have them available to watch on my TV than on an iPad. Just hate how much space they take up.