Author Topic: Idiots on ebay  (Read 7429 times)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Idiots on ebay
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »
you know, my statement from social security says FORTNIGHTLY INCOME STATEMENT.
you guys are all weird.

I suppose you don't say week anymore,

Nope. I say semana
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:34 AM »
I suppose you don't say week anymore,

I only pay attention to "weekend" ;)
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
We must be backward up North, as we say Fortnightly on a regular basis...  My Gardener does my Garden Fortnightly, how else would he know to do it every other week.... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
I get tired of people emailing me asking if they can buy something to a couple bucks cheaper than I have it listed for (especially when something is already listed a pretty cheap).  I was selling a magazine for $9.99 and guy actually emailed me and asked me if I'd sell it for $8 I just ignored him.  I'm on my 3rd non paying bidder claim right now.  Some guy bid and won a 7.99 magazine and now says he can't pay for it, surprise, surprise it's a guy with 0 feedback.  He wanted me to cancel the transaction, I just filed a claim on him.  Ironically a majority of my issues have been with people who are bidding on these basketball magazines I'm selling, they all seem to be losers.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
Do you have any Horror/Monster mags for sale Jim...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
I get tired of people emailing me asking if they can buy something to a couple bucks cheaper than I have it listed for (especially when something is already listed a pretty cheap).  I was selling a magazine for $9.99 and guy actually emailed me and asked me if I'd sell it for $8 I just ignored him.  I'm on my 3rd non paying bidder claim right now.  Some guy bid and won a 7.99 magazine and now says he can't pay for it, surprise, surprise it's a guy with 0 feedback.  He wanted me to cancel the transaction, I just filed a claim on him.  Ironically a majority of my issues have been with people who are bidding on these basketball magazines I'm selling, they all seem to be losers.

When you create an auction, can you limit it so that only people with =>X feedback can bid on it? This way you can block newly registered zero feedback people?

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 03:39:04 PM »
When you create an auction, can you limit it so that only people with =>X feedback can bid on it? This way you can block newly registered zero feedback people?

You can limit a few things, but mostly it's related to if they've had previous non paying claims filed against them within the year.  You can limit someone who has feedback rating of -1 or lower...which I don't understand because you can't leave negative feedback for buyers so how can they have a negative feedback rating...?  I think you used to be able to block 0 feedback bidders, but it doesn't appear you can now, which doesn't surprise me seeing everything else eBay does seems to support bad sellers and bidders.

Do you have any Horror/Monster mags for sale Jim...

No, just basketball magazines, Dreamwatch (modern movie magazine) and I'll be selling some Star Trek magazines in the future.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:42:00 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »

Yes you can.  You can also limit by country too...
Chris

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »
eBay loves non bidders. I've sold something on their site very, very rarely in the past, and usually only more expensive stuff. The last time I did, about a year ago, I had a non-bidder on some $300 item. I had spent about $10 in listing enhancements (gallery, bold, extra pics, etc.) since I needed to rise above the competition (it was a common item). While eBay refunded the FVF and the base listing fee (which was like $0.10), they refused to refund the extra money I spent on the listing. That REALLY pissed me off, since it was pure profit on their side. !*#&@ them.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 04:59:26 PM »
Yes you can.  You can also limit by country too...

I'm pretty sure you can't stop zero feedback bidders, at least the US version did not give me that option it was only (-1).  eBay has changed a lot of settings on the US site that I've noticed they haven't done on others.  If there is a way to stop zero feedback bidders I'd love to know.  I'd love to stop people who've had an account for less than a year too, usually those and the zero feedback go hand in hand though.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can't stop zero feedback bidders, at least the US version did not give me that option it was only (-1).  eBay has changed a lot of settings on the US site that I've noticed they haven't done on others.  If there is a way to stop zero feedback bidders I'd love to know.  I'd love to stop people who've had an account for less than a year too, usually those and the zero feedback go hand in hand though.

Pardon my ignorance, but you might be able to list you item on a different eBay site using your US account, and possibly gain access to the extra 'features' they no longer expose to ebay.com users. I know that close to 10 years ago I used to sell items specifically to the UK (and some other European countries), and I would list it on ebay.co.uk with my .com account. My items still showed up on the US site, but also had a higher placement for UK shoppers. Not sure how/if this works anymore though.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but you might be able to list you item on a different eBay site using your US account, and possibly gain access to the extra 'features' they no longer expose to ebay.com users. I know that close to 10 years ago I used to sell items specifically to the UK (and some other European countries), and I would list it on ebay.co.uk with my .com account. My items still showed up on the US site, but also had a higher placement for UK shoppers. Not sure how/if this works anymore though.

That may be. But most of the items I'm selling it would not be worth it to me to sell internationally as the extra time having to fill out paperwork is not worth it for a magazine or item I can just as easily sell in the US.

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
That may be. But most of the items I'm selling it would not be worth it to me to sell internationally as the extra time having to fill out paperwork is not worth it for a magazine or item I can just as easily sell in the US.

True, but you might be able to list it on ebay.co.uk (or one of their International sites that allow you to only allow bidders with greater than 0 feedback), but list it to be only available to US buyers. Just like you can sell something on ebay.com but only make it available to UK buyers.

Not sure if it would work, but it could be worth a try.