Author Topic: Fot those of you lacking the BIG bucks for the international Bueller!  (Read 6355 times)

Charlie

Re: Fot those of you lacking the BIG bucks for the international Bueller!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
Great Bruce!  You outed an auction; you better get ready for the crap that comes with it...   ;)  Nice poster by the way! 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
We should take bids on how much it will sell for.  I say less than $100.  The Spanish language kills it for me.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Charlie

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
We should take bids on how much it will sell for.  I say less than $100.  The Spanish language kills it for me.

What are the stakes want bet 200 bucks it'll goes higher than 100?   :D  I have no clue; I am not a Bueller fan...  Wonder if there are any good Jennifer Grey lobbies...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:55:20 PM by Charlie »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »
We should take bids on how much it will sell for.  I say less than $100.  The Spanish language kills it for me.

But it'd be OK in Italian?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »
Definitely.  English, Italian, French...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:33:04 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
So is the Italian ok because of the Ferrari?
Chris

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
So you just hate Spaniards?

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
He wants it for himself and he's trying to throw everyone off the track (and he is furious at me for "outing" this auction which no doubt would have remained "hidden").

Bruce

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »
Yes, I hate 'em all.  All of South America (minus Portuguese Brazil and French Uruguay, of course), Spain, 3/4 of Los Angeles, etc, etc...

But I do like this early Alamo poster...

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
Hey, I like them and bought the French 1P for $35 on ebay.  I am betting this one goes just over $100, simply because its Bruce.

For some reason emovieposter auctions have been hot lately.  Hot enough that I am staying on hold for a bit as everything is going over my limits.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
"emovieposter auctions have been hot lately"

I have noticed that too, and that is why I have been begging consignors to send lots of stuff. It is always wise to strike while the iron is hot. Maybe next year prices will be even higher and these prices will look like bargains, or prices could sink down from here. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Our April Mini/Major auction has really come together. Not the kind of posters average people can only dream about (and never buy) but cool items of every type that are within the financial reach of most collectors! There is still time to consign, but only a couple of weeks.

Bruce