Author Topic: Storing Posters  (Read 57285 times)

Offline enki

• Collector
Re: Storing Posters
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04:18 PM »
Enki,
How much of the clips are you using in the back of the frame?
I use two at the top, thats it, sort of letting the poster hang. No ripples...

All 8 of them :). I have three on each side (top, middle and bottom) and one at the middle of the top and bottom.

Do you think that's what's causing it. I had assumed the more clips the better support.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
Enki,
How much of the clips are you using in the back of the frame?
I use two at the top, thats it, sort of letting the poster hang. No ripples...

+1  More clips eventually equals more wrinkles.  I use one or two at the top and let it hang.  If the bottom starts to float back from the plexi I'll tuck a little piece of cardboard or folded up paper between the frame and the back of the foam core to push it forward -- but no so much that it acts like a spring clip again. 

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
+1  More clips eventually equals more wrinkles.  I use one or two at the top and let it hang.  If the bottom starts to float back from the plexi I'll tuck a little piece of cardboard or folded up paper between the frame and the back of the foam core to push it forward -- but no so much that it acts like a spring clip again. 

Yep - less is better unless it is a really heavy/thick poster.
Chris

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »
OK, thanks for the advice! I'll remove some of them and see how that helps.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »
Ya, It turns out less of those clips are better.
Just swap the poster to see or your gonna have to give the current one some time for the ripples to go away.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
This guy just came in today, and right on time.  My other 20 drawers are full, and I've actually damaged a couple of posters trying to make them fit in overloaded drawers.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 11:43:57 PM »
That's the ticket.  whip

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »
This guy just came in today, and right on time.  My other 20 drawers are full, and I've actually damaged a couple of posters trying to make them fit in overloaded drawers.

T

Got a hole in the wall to put them?
David

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
Hopefully was the Justin Bieber posters that got scrunched up

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:48 AM »
I'm in the same boat myself. I've ran out of storage space, so could do with another plan chest, but don't have anywhere for it to go.... :-\

I may have to stop collecting, or sell up and start collecting Stamps.. :P
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
I may have to stop collecting, or sell up and start collecting Stamps.. :P

Funny.  When I told my wife I needed a new flat file for my folded posters (the rolled ones go somewhere else, so no Bieber there ;)), she looked at me and said, why don't you sell some.  I think the look of horror on my face said it all and she immediately gave up.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
How many can you store in a flat file that big, T? I've been watching eBay for one near me for a while, I hope to pounce when the right one comes along.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
Funny.  When I told my wife I needed a new flat file for my folded posters (the rolled ones go somewhere else, so no Bieber there ;)), she looked at me and said, why don't you sell some.  I think the look of horror on my face said it all and she immediately gave up.

T

Nice to hear she retains some wife-like normalcy!
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
How many can you store in a flat file that big, T? I've been watching eBay for one near me for a while, I hope to pounce when the right one comes along.

350 posters per drawer, give or take.  The other 2 I have in my office will be emptied as much as possible, and this one with be filled to the max.  I do not intend to touch this one once it is filled.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
Dude, every time I want something, it's "why don't you sell some posters."

Need a new pair of shoes?  "Sell Some Posters!"

Need an oil change?  "Sell some posters!"

The next one will be, need a blowjob?  "Sell some posters first!"

Then, I'll be screwed.

T
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »
The next one will be, need a blowjob?  "Sell some posters first!"

Then, I'll be screwed.

;D ;D
Chris

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
;D at Holiday's post

350 posters per drawer, give or take.  The other 2 I have in my office will be emptied as much as possible, and this one with be filled to the max.  I do not intend to touch this one once it is filled.

T

Wow, didn't think it would be that many...one of those would keep me going for a while, now I just need to find a half decent one for a bargain price.