Author Topic: Ves' collection  (Read 9484 times)

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
Ves' collection
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:02:08 PM »
Direct link to the numerous mini collections that make up my larger one:

http://www.theartofmovieposters.com/pages/gallery/Collections.htm
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Ves' collection
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »
Real nice, Ves.  For as long as I've known you, I never saw your actual collection.  Very nice indeed.

T.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »
Really?  Huh...there you go :)

Well my current pet project is my collection of paper for aussie filums, so anyone with anything I DONT have, you know where it will get a good home :)
Ves

Juli

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »
I love your The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Australian One Sheet as well as all those awesome Quentin Tarantino posters. I'd love to get a Pulp Fictions one sheet.

~ Juli

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »
You're collection is outstanding!  I'm particularly fond of the Don Knotts, A&C, and Jerry Lewis daybills

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
A couple of things, Ves.  First, the collection is luscious.  Second, I am so happy to see so many unrestored pieces that are displayed in all their worn and torn glory.  I have a few Chinese propaganda pieces that I picked up from Ari way back that are just like that.  If they were restored and backed, they would be pretty, but without feeling.  When I see them as they are, though, it sends a shiver to know how long they've survived in that condition.  Finally, I'm so glad to have you and some of the others over here.  One of my greatest hopes for APF is that there will be an awesome mix of the new, old, hypermodern, unknown, torn, restored, color, B&W, and on and on kind of material.  This is like Underworld -- the vampires and the lycans coming together, though I don't know who is who.

Also, your collection is a needed reminder that I don't think we can be just posters.  Lobby cards, stills, and other ephemera fit here too. I don't know where the line gets drawn, and I don't care so long share great stuff!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »
Damn Ves........you have some great stuff.  That Proposition set makes me drool, those are quite elusive.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

guest8

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »
The super hero section is great !! If you see my collection I lean that way heavily :D

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »
Thanks all for the loverly kind words.
Ves

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 04:39:03 PM »
Damn you guys could have really helped me by tricking Ves into thinking her collection is putrid and thus disposable (to me of course) ;)

Now I will never get some of those pieces...
Chris

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 04:57:25 PM »
I know people say that EVERYTHING has a price...but there are definately things in the collection I would have a real hard time letting go.  My husband keeps telling me if any such offers come my way, to give them his number and he'll take care of it :(
Ves

guest8

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
I was looking at your Hall of Fame ! Love some of those .. I see you have the ADV for Hard Candy .. I love that film !! .. have you seen this version ..

Love me some Smokin' Aces as well ..I actually had a friend in that movie !

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
I have fallen, but I'm very partial to the version I have...captures the theme and mood of the film perfectly I think.
Ves

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
Thumbs up for your Walk the Line (of unknown origin).  

You might like the advance Walk the Line posters as well - I got these as part of a lot and they are my favorites as well:

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »
Yes, I um'd and ah'd about those 3 black and white ones, but never grabbed em...maybe....
Ves

Roadkill

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 05:04:27 PM »
Very Nice, Ves!

As I'm sure you already know, my favorite is "A Woman of Paris".

Offline Posteroid

• Collector
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Great stuff Ves!

Armin

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
Really some amazing pieces, Ves.. and the organization of your site as well as the eye appeal make it a pleasure to peruse!

Jeff

-Jeff

raulleaf

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »
Awesome! I think I am going to shape my website off of yours.  I really like the simplicity of it.  You are also into the same stuff I am; I am an Eastwood guy.  Nice collection of Aussie inserts... Enjoyed it.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:38 PM »
Nice website.  It's very convenient and easy on the brain/eyes, in various ways.  Excellent Tarantino collection.

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind words...and not another Eastwood fan I have to wrangle all those posters away from ;)
Ves

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
Nice website.  It's very convenient and easy on the brain/eyes, in various ways.  Excellent Tarantino collection.

Agree.

I looked at it a couple of times. Window shopping and like that.

Excellent site Ves!

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
Agree.

I looked at it a couple of times. Window shopping and like that.

Excellent site Ves!

Ves has awesome stock and she's a dream to deal with.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

raulleaf

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:59 PM »
Ves, I heard they closed down the Regent Theatre on Queens street in Brisbane for a remodel/mega center or something.  Not sure where you are in Australia; I lived in New Farm.  I did a semester exchange at QUT and the Regent was my best friend; didn't really know anyone at first and the most awesome part is they would sell there movie posters for like 5 bucks. The attendant said the money was used for their holiday party. I seemed to buy 1 or two every week; full one sheets.  And no one else seemed to want to buy them.  They also had an awesome film festival while I was there.  Always thought if I ever went back I would show my daughter the main screen with all the decorations and what not... oh well progress right?

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »
I'm in Melbourne, so don't know that one too well.
I don't like stories like this.
I lurve the old cinemas...even though I don't get to go as much as I would like, the Astor here used to be like my second home.
I used to love watching all the old classics with the other movie nerds.  I held out watching 2001 for many moons until I could see it on the big screen, which thankfully the Astor finally did a few years back.  Now seems to be a staple on their program.
Enjoyed Leone's dollars trilogy on that screen, Blade Runner, Dirty Harry, Metropolis too many times to count...so many great movies.
I would die if it closed its doors!

We had the Sun Theatre down here too...another small-ish cinema which was run down.
They re-modelled it...put in a number of smaller boutique screens...rooms almost the size of your average living room.  meh...is ok, but I miss that big screen!

Progress shmogress...I'll stay in the dark ages thanks!
Ves