Author Topic: Belgian 1 sheet?  (Read 2955 times)

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
Belgian 1 sheet?
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
i found someone on ebay selling belgian 1 sheets and they look quite nice.
but i can not find another instance anywhere of belgian 1 sheets? which made me a little suspicious. i am guessing they are re jigged french art to fit a 27"x41" poster?
 i mailed the guy and he said they were cinema releases? i figured they may also be a video poster?
any help is appreciated.
(my first post gotten out of the way)
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Belgian 1 sheet?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:30:28 PM »
Belgian posters are around 14.5" by 21.5".  Lots of variation in size between 14-15" and 21-24".  Quite a few around, and they generally don't sell for high prices.  Bruce periodically sells Belgians, and this link would show a history from his site
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/search/belgian/type/Belgian/sort/2/archive.html

As with any poster, take the time to study the market and know what you are buying before spending too much.  The databases from emovieposter and Heritage galleries are good resources for that, as is hanging around and asking questions.
-Jay-

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »
Depends what vintage you're talking about.  Pre-war posters were about the same size as a French petite, which is what I guess are called mediums now.  ~23x33".

--Peter
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:51:32 PM by oldposterho »
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »
they were new movies in particular
enter the void, (2010)
was one of them so newish.

well i havent seen any reference to a begian 1 sheet anywhere that measures 27"x41" except the guy that is selling them? i think he also has an amount of regular sized begian poster reprints too. which is why i thought they were not legit. but i wondered why someone would bother to bootleg that title in particular? as it dosnt go for that much money anyway?
just seemed strange to me??
Sean

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
Depends what vintage you're talking about.  Pre-war posters were about the same size as a French petite, which is what I guess are called mediums now.  ~23x33".

--Peter

oh! interesting i didnt know that. but its a little outside my field . i don't have much interest in movies pre 60's really. plus of course there is no way i could afford any of the "good stuff" :)
Sean

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »
This is an expensive hobby and I have learned you buy what you like and what you can afford. As long as it makes you happy and you enjoy what you are buying that is all that matters.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 06:39:32 AM »
i don't have much interest in movies pre 60's really.

You will eventually...  ;)
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
You will eventually...  ;)

mmmmm fairly sure i wont? ive been a movie fan since i was like..... 12 ish?
than was when i started to rent movies on VHS when ever i could afford to, 2 or 3 times a week? that was 82.
there are exceptions to movies i love, like beauty & the beast. but these are FEW and far between. i have tried to watch an amount of movies that you are supposed to watch like citizen kane. but they rarely touch me. in fact they usually bore me death. i appreciate why citizen kane is revered, but that dosn't make it any more entertaining for me to watch haha.

This is an expensive hobby and I have learned you buy what you like and what you can afford. As long as it makes you happy and you enjoy what you are buying that is all that matters.
and yep you are definitely right there, but there is nothing like snagging a bargain of something you have had your eye on for a while, that just about makes it affordable to you :)

so i am thinking that these "belgian 1sheet" posters are not legit? which i what i thought all along. although i did almost bite at one point..
Sean

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
mmmmm fairly sure i wont? ive been a movie fan since i was like..... 12 ish?
than was when i started to rent movies on VHS when ever i could afford to, 2 or 3 times a week? that was 82.
there are exceptions to movies i love, like beauty & the beast. but these are FEW and far between. i have tried to watch an amount of movies that you are supposed to watch like citizen kane. but they rarely touch me. in fact they usually bore me death. i appreciate why citizen kane is revered, but that dosn't make it any more entertaining for me to watch haha.

As you get deeper into it, you start realizing there is a difference between a good movie and a good movie poster.  Many of my most prized posters are of films I hate or have never seen.  BUt the image...  ahh, the image (i.e. see my avatar of a "lost" movie)
-Jay-

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
As you get deeper into it, you start realizing there is a difference between a good movie and a good movie poster.  Many of my most prized posters are of films I hate or have never seen.  BUt the image...  ahh, the image (i.e. see my avatar of a "lost" movie)
OH YEAH!!! for sure. im not disagreeing at all with that. i have spent a hell of a long time searching out movies, from all over the world. but posters i seem to gravitate too are movies i have never seen.
i mean i received 2 poster today for movies i have never seen. a japanese movie from 62(ish) i think? and the clairvoyant from 82. i have no desire to watch the movies though. mmm well maybe clairvoyant as it gets a pretty decent imdb score. not that, that actually means anything!
might put my first entry into the my new acquisitions thread?
Sean