Author Topic: LOBBY CARDS END: 1920s Chaplin, Jailhouse Rock, 1930s Cagney, Glass Key, Alien  (Read 7798 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
ENDING TODAY on MOVIEPOSTERBID.COM

WOW!!! - I Cannot believe how cheap the current bids are on the auction that end tonight on MoviePosterBid.com. There are 319 listings including original 1920s cards from Chaplin shorts, 2 better  cards from Jitterbugs with Laurel & Hardy, the best portrait card from Jailhouse Rock with Elvis & Judy Tyler, a Cagney card from City For Conquest, cards from Key Largo, Alien, Apocalypse Now, Asphalt Jungle, Buck Jones in Firebrand Trevison (my last card), Veronica Lake & Alan Ladd in the Glass Key, Cagney again in Great Guy, Cary Grant in Howards of Virginia, a nice 1930s John Wayne stock card, the best portrait card from the Howard Hughes classic the Outlaw with the four stars, a Lugosi card from Return of Chandu & much more

the incredible thing is that almost universally right now every one of these cards is so cheap that any dealer could buy each one of them & relist them at much higher prices - from 2 to 25 times the current bid price!! It is a total blood bath for me, but every last card listed above will sell to the highest bidder regardless of final bid price. If someone else was selling these cards, I'd be bidding right now to add them to my own stock!! That's how cheap these cards are.. I recommend going to MoviePosterBid.com right now & get your bids in. Don't miss out on these great bargains!!!

Click Here to See a Gallery of the posters being sold in this auction

Click Here to Go to the Auctions www.movieposterbid.com

Also, the Preview Gallery for the next auction is up which are 290+ One Sheet posters including many excellent titles from Star Wars to 1939's Some Like It Hot with Bob Hope
a Preview Gallery is at http://www.movieposterbid.com/supersize/223/
that link changes at 6:00pm tonight to the usual gallery link

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:12:03 PM by erik1925 »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Rich, your poster photos on your site are too small for me to see easily. Can you make them bigger like emovie? You have all that spare vacant white areas yet squished images. I am skipping images as I don't have time to open them all up just to look. Just an idea... (I buy on the art, so I don't buy on title to know what I am looking for).

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:32:45 AM by 50s »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Rich, your poster photos on your site are too small for me to see easily. Can you make them bigger like emovie? You have all that spare vacant white areas yet squished images. I am skipping images as I don't have time to open them all up just to look. Just an idea... (I buy on the art, so I don't buy on title to know what I am looking for).

Rich has really big images in the supersize gallery. You just have to work a little harder to get to them.  Can't click directly from the auction page.  Instead you have to go to the gallery and find the poster, then click on it. They come up in a browser and the browser may scale the image.  If you click again, it comes up full size.
-Jay-

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Thanks Jay. Not sure I understand. I see how to view supersized images individually ok, but I would like to peruse the gallery (below) seeing bigger thumb images, bigger than the current postage stamp size, without opening each auction to see a larger image. Bruce shows images 4x as big on his similar gallery listing page which is much easier for me to determine if I like the art, so I am likely to find what I am looking for there easier.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Oh great, now posting the above I see on bruces auction I have "217 Filtered" images from my gallery because I inadvertently have the adult content filter on. Probably been like that for months... missing out on a quarter of the auctions... Good one Bruce...

There is a good design philosophy worth following --> K.I.S.S. Even though there are 3 indicators showing something about adult content, when they stay the same on each visit you tend not to notice it... Im sure I wouldn't be the only one that this has/is happening to...

Now I know why I have been struggling to find good quality filth.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:02:32 AM by 50s »

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Easiest way in Rich's auction is to select the item you are interested in.  Just below the "large" picture in the description is a box that says "Click here to see supersized images"  If you click on that, you will go to a thumbnail view of all items in the auction.  Find the one you are interested in and click on it to get a "really large" image.
-Jay-

Bruce

"you will go to a thumbnail view of all items in the auction.  Find the one you are interested in and click on it to get a "really large" image"

Is that all items gallery "sort-able" or "search-able"?

Bruce

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Easiest way in Rich's auction is to select the item you are interested in.  Just below the "large" picture in the description is a box that says "Click here to see supersized images"  If you click on that, you will go to a thumbnail view of all items in the auction.  Find the one you are interested in and click on it to get a "really large" image.

Thanks Jay. Ok I see where you mean. Those thumbs are twice the size, but half the size of Bruce's, agreed they are much easier to see now.

Problem is, it is a waste of time viewing the supersized gallery as only the comic-art auctions link to the supersize gallery which just contain comic-art posters. So this week, comic-art is auctioning about 290 posters which are shown in the supersized gallery. There are a further 1000 posters auctioned (if I do my maths right counting them up in the navigation menu) by other sellers like quadbod whose posters are not in the supersized gallery, so I have to check the normal small thumbs listings regardless if I want to see all auctioned items.  

If anyone only checks each week the supersized gallery (ie they bookmarked it), I hope they realise they are only viewing comic-art poster up for auction and missing 80% of the total auctions available. I am sure people might be getting caught out on this.

Here is a link to a quadbod auction which does not have a link to a supersized gallery:

http://movieposterbid.com/itemdetl.asp?id=80400

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:33:18 PM by 50s »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Now I know why I have been struggling to find good quality filth.

• Post-aholic

50s.. do you mean just the pop-up images or the images that are in all of my auctions within the description areas??

the pop-up image has a size limitation, but if yuo scroll down in the auction dexcription there is always a 780 pixel width image in the auction.

of course, if you have your monitor set  for very high resolutions (like 1600x2000 etc), then you'll need to go to the superised gallery which has a graphic link in my auctions and of course in all email or forum posts

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
okay.. now I read all your posts..
sadly Steve, I did not (nor could I) do the programming to create MoviePosterBid, which is something of a dinosaur as well now having been redesigned in 2006, and I bought the site from the creator when he decided to let it go.

as a result I didn't do any design work and because I do not know programing, I can't modify things. Also, some of the programing requires many multiple revisions to accomodate a single wanted revision and because programmers cost alot and it would cost at least a couple grand (and most likely as much as $15,000-$25,000) just to do modifications and/or replacements, I can get the site modified yet, even though I want to. When we do, users will have many more display options & other eases of use that the site does not have currently

-------