Author Topic: Restorer to avoid: Posterfix  (Read 95009 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Restorer to avoid: Posterfix
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
Island if the FISHMEN. No wonder he got treated like shit. ;)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Ringwar

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »
Here is his latest, oh how I wish he would just close his doors.

"Dear Friends of Posterfix,

Posterfix needs your help to stay in business!

As my son Zach nears the age of 7, he reminds me of myself at that age, but without the glasses, and with a better head for Math.
Hopefully he will be a greater human being than his Dad. At age 6 he already does multiplication tables by heart!

Posterfix needs YOU to send us some posters to linen back for you! If you send 3 "one-sheet" posters we will have them linen backed
and retouched for the price of $89 per poster. So $267 for the 3 posters. This includes all restoration services except bleaching and large paper fills or removing tape.
If your posters need more work, I would discuss options with you, but still give you a "killer price"!

you can have 6 "half-sheets" done for that price of $267 as well.
other specials include linen backing a 6-sheet for $599 (usually $950), 4 sheet for $350 and a US 3 sheet for $275.

As always, our customers get better prices with quantity. If uyou have lots of posters with stains that need bleaching or tape to remove, etc,
let us know and we will work out a volume rate.

I have an great auction on ebay right now for linen backing 10 posters.
If you bid and win, I will do another 2 posters for free making it a total of 12 posters, all inclusive.

Please send us some business! Thanks very much.

Chris Cloutier"

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:17:51 PM by Ringwar »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
I just received this email, too (somehow). Not sure why, since I've never used him.  dontknow.gif

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:16:53 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
I just received this email, too (somehow). Not sure why, since I've never used him.  dontknow.gif

Probably stole your e-mail address from MoPo Jeff?

Anyways - who's gonna be the first to send off not 1, not 2, not 10 but 12 (?!) of their most prized posters?  eyeroll
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
Probably stole your e-mail address from MoPo Jeff?

Anyways - who's gonna be the first to send off not 1, not 2, not 10 but 12 (?!) of their most prized posters?  eyeroll

Yup..that makes total sense, Chris.

And I guess his youtube videos still aren't having the desired effect to bring in biz.  sad.gif

-Jeff

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
Hey guys,
Idk if you know but I have done some "restoration" work back in the day, I will give you a great price.

Here is an excellent example of what I have done. Look at the detailed work....amazing right LOL?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
Hey guys,
Idk if you know but I have done some "restoration" work back in the day, I will give you a great price.

Here is an excellent example of what I have done. Look at the detailed work....amazing right LOL?

Transcendental!
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »
Hey guys,

Im.... speechless.......

Your work is beyond words! But at least you got the eyes and fur hat to match.

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2014, 05:03:10 PM »
Hey guys,

Hmm that lady revealed the secret though.....Jesus is holding a rolled up one sheet. I think he sent it off to Posterfix and is still waiting for it to be done, hence the reason why he hasnt come back yet.  eyeroll
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 05:04:55 PM by jedgerley »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
I thought that was his arm. It's the same color as his face.  notworthy.gif

-Jeff

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2014, 05:10:04 PM »
Hmm that lady revealed the secret though.....Jesus is holding a rolled up one sheet. I think he sent it off to Posterfix and is still waiting for it to be done, hence the reason why he hasnt come back yet.  eyeroll

HAHAHAHA  faint2.gif

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

rofl1
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
The latest poster to be entrusted to Posterfix from a collector who did not heed the warning  Doh.gif - a 3sh for FORBIDDEN PLANET!. This video is only part I. The assessment stage.

Listen as he comments that the shipping company charged the owner of this poster $400.00 to mail it from CA to NY. That would be due to added insurance, Im assuming? Yowza!  faint2.gif

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ostwUJbQoC0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ostwUJbQoC0</a>

-Jeff

Offline structure

• Beginner
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
As I said in my introduction post, I really wish I found this forum earlier.  I had two posters linen backed by PF.  My first poster done by PF took 6-8 months to get back.  Chris would keep telling me that it was almost done and that it would be ready soon till finally he rarely got back to me.  Finally I got ahold of him on the phone and told me that I was going to stop by.  That's when he told me that he'll get it finished and ready for me within the next few days.

As some of you have stated, the only reason I used him was because he was somewhat local and I didn't know any better.  The poster came out somewhat okay.  I used him again because I figured I had nowhere else to turn to.  I was going to use him a third time until I found this forum/thread.  So, thank you to all of you who have voiced your opinion of PF.  I will look into get my posters done somewhere else.

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2017, 06:10:34 PM »
May I ask what his ebay seller ID I should avoid?
Rudy

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:25 PM »
May I ask what his ebay seller ID I should avoid?

Assuming you are looking for PosterFix's ID-

PosterFix.com Ebay User ID
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »
As I said in my introduction post, I really wish I found this forum earlier.  I had two posters linen backed by PF.  My first poster done by PF took 6-8 months to get back.  Chris would keep telling me that it was almost done and that it would be ready soon till finally he rarely got back to me.  Finally I got ahold of him on the phone and told me that I was going to stop by.  That's when he told me that he'll get it finished and ready for me within the next few days.

As some of you have stated, the only reason I used him was because he was somewhat local and I didn't know any better.  The poster came out somewhat okay.  I used him again because I figured I had nowhere else to turn to.  I was going to use him a third time until I found this forum/thread.  So, thank you to all of you who have voiced your opinion of PF.  I will look into get my posters done somewhere else.

Sounds like quite the ordeal, structure.

Do you happen to have pics of the 2 posters that Pfix worked on of yours?

Or maybe your posters were "lucky enough" to have been used in one of his restoration youtube videos?  (Insert jest emoticon here).  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:35:05 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »
someone forwarded this to me today

I guess some people are never able to figure it out:

Dear Posterfix members!

We are aiming to raise $1500 by monday to cover our shops rent and expences.
The deadline was last week, but the snow storm helped delay the deadlines.

Please send us some posters to linen back!
Payment thru paypal is appreciated.

Email me sizes and condition and I will work out a good deal for you.

When shipping posters remember we prefer you use FEDE EX or UPS if possible. USPS is ok too.
Pack your poster well so that it is secure and include all your contact info for return shipping.

ship posters to
Posterfix
Brooklyn Navy Yard Building 5 suite 210
63 Flushing avenue unit 249
Brooklyn NY 11205

We need to raise $1500 by Monday!

Your business is very important to us.

Thank you!

Chris Cloutier

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »
I wouldn't be sending anyone my posters, and money in advance to somewhere that sounds like it is about to go out of business. Strange way to pitch for business.

Anyway, we know he has been saying this for years. Shame any empathy is not shown in return by PF to the screwed customers by all accounts.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
I wouldn't be sending anyone my posters, and money in advance to somewhere that sounds like it is about to go out of business. Strange way to pitch for business.

Anyway, we know he has been saying this for years. Shame any empathy is not shown in return by PF to the screwed customers by all accounts.

Maybe if he hooked up with Debi Jacobson, things might turn around for him.  :-X

-Jeff

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »

Yeah, it sounds like Cloutier wants to give your posters to his landlord in lieu of a rent payment.

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2017, 08:19:31 PM »
Now we have to worry when he resurfaces.
Rudy

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »
Now we have to worry when he resurfaces.

Yup.
And probably under a new name.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »
Linenhacker.com

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
 laugh1