Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4598 times)

ozcinemagic

Intro
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
I already posted this in the dealer section, but thought I should include here as well.

Just a quick intro and g’day from down under. I’m an ex-collector turned part-time dealer. I don’t have a website, just a huge pile of original movie posters that need good homes! Most are Australian issue from 1970s – ‘90s, although there are a quantity either side of those dates.

For those interested in lobby cards I can supply a list of around 200 from the 1930s & ‘40s. The majority are U.S. cards that were used in Australia at the time. Amongst them are some complete sets with the original brown envelopes. Of special interest are six unrestored cards for Son of Frankenstein 1938.

At this point I don’t have poster lists, but please make contact if you are looking for anything in particular. There are approximately 2000 daybills and 750 one sheets available.

For those who would like to know more I have some background information on my ebay ME page.  http://members.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ozcinemagic

I look forward to participating and meeting more of you in the discussions. The site looks great.

Regards,
Mark

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
 welcome1 to APF, Mark.
There seems to be quite a few members here more than mildly interested in Aussie paper.
Beware of guys like CSM, Matt, T, Charlie, Brian, Rich, Holiday...and most of the others,  They are only aliases.
ALWAYS remember to let ME know what you have for sale before ANY of those others.
 wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk wynk

Matt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
Welcome Mark.

I'm one of his customers, Ted. So Back off!!! gun2

I just received this off Mark on Friday. :)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »
Well....EXCUSE ME!  wynk
Is Mark the fellow who sold you that nice INNOCENTS one sheet?
If so, does he have another?
Or one of those daybills, like Ves posted?
Maybe, as one of his CUSTOMERS, you can get me a deal?
He won't know we talked.
Ooops, did I post this out loud?

Matt

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
The Innocents was from the Tyabb shop.

The daybill is easy to get. ;)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
Mark is a good dude.  I got this Goodfellas daybill from him a few months ago.   welcome1 aboard, Mark.  

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:38:20 PM by NeoLoco »

ozcinemagic

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
Appreciate the welcome, guys!
I'm glad you're happy with the Million Dollar Baby, Matt. Thanks for steering me to the site.
Catch up soon,
M.R

Matt

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:21:13 AM »
Appreciate the welcome, guys!
I'm glad you're happy with the Million Dollar Baby, Matt. Thanks for steering me to the site.

No probs Mark, you won't be thanking me in 6 months. There are a few people here with a few problems. Ted, CSM, Rick, T, Holiday, DPM, Bruce, Rich, Bruce, Rich, LD, Ted, Ari, Ves, Bruce, Harry C, Paul W, 50's, 50's, Neo, .......that knuckle dragging Neanderthal dude, FRED, John Smith. Neo, Zorba, Stew, Chop Top, Wonka, Schan, Posteroid......FARK.. the list IS endless.

Cj is a nice bloke though.  ;)

Welcome to hell.

PS. Can't wait to hear from you Ari. Get well soon mate!!!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 05:46:10 AM »
Yeah, some of those kooks have been harassing me for years. Now I'm actively seeking them out!
Sheesh, what does that say about me ...  eyeroll

Saw your collection in the other thread - some real nice dbs in there. I love the two Rita Hayworth.

Catch ya

Charlie

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
No probs Mark, you won't be thanking me in 6 months. There are a few people here with a few problems. Ted, CSM, Rick, T, Holiday, DPM, Bruce, Rich, Bruce, Rich, LD, Ted, Ari, Ves, Bruce, Harry C, Paul W, 50's, 50's, Neo, .......that knuckle dragging Neanderthal dude, FRED, John Smith. Neo, Zorba, Stew, Chop Top, Wonka, Schan, Posteroid......FARK.. the list IS endless.

Welcome to hell.

Well Mark apparently I won't be a problem so we are all set....  ;)

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »
ALWAYS remember to let ME know what you have for sale before ANY of those others.

Yeah his email is not working so maybe send the message to me and I will pass it...

on...
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

Welcome to hell.

Hey where is the biggest problem of them all (for those of us that collect noir daybills anyways!) on that list- Oz Matt!?  ;)
Chris

guest4185

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
Welcome Mark. Seems like they'll let anyone in here these days. ;D
I'll get around to photographing a few new acquisitions from you too!

ozcinemagic

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 05:11:54 AM »
No background checks - phew!
And hey, keep it quiet about those freebies. I don't want everyone hitting me up.  ;)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
Somebody say "freebies?"