Author Topic: MONDO--the powers that be--where you at?  (Read 21177 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
MONDO--the powers that be--where you at?
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »
Would be great to hear from the top dogs at Mondo here at some point, and for several reasons.

Not that they (Mitch, Justin, Rob) should feel obliged, but it just seems that there are some fair (and perhaps sometimes unfair) questions/concerns/comments, brought forth on this forum that would serve Mondo well to clear up or at least address.

There are several folks on this board who have been customers of Mondo from the early days, who have seen some ups and downs of the company, and who still support them, if they can get in on a drop, whereas others have chosen to leave the stampede.  Regardless, I would say they would like to have their opinions heard and perhaps addressed.  I would like to think that Mondo cares, a little, for loyalty through the years. Over the past 4 years or so, I probably have sent them what would have been one of my daughter's down payment for a car down the road.

I hear rumors of Mitch being registered here on the APF now.
Care to join in here, Mitch? It's not EB, so you don't have home field advantage, but we are some nice guys as well.
And we have more money than the EB hippies. ;)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:03:15 PM by wonka »
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Re: MONDO--the powers that be--where you at?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
Yes, I have a question? Why do your posters blow?

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
Mitch, and others..

You will have to excuse Louie. He is our resident jackass who looks all day for posters he will probably never find, gets frustrated, then jumps on the APF to sass off about anything he deems wretched, A.K.A., anything post-1897. Oh, and he doesn't like Mondo, in case we forget again.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:24:58 PM by wonka »

I was mistaken,

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »
Aaaaand... they're off....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:37:28 PM »
Mitch joined yesterday.  Right, Holiday?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »
Mitch joined yesterday.  Right, Holiday?

I registered him with my own two little (well, not so little) hands.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
Mitch, and others..

You will have to excuse Louie. He is our resident jackass who looks all day for posters he will probably never find, gets frustrated, then jumps on the APF to sass off about anything he deems wretched, A.K.A., anything post-1897. Oh, and he doesn't like Mondo, in case we forget again.

Someone's sucking up to get some free stuff.   bed1

mcnail

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:26:55 PM »
Yep, I'll be hanging around to address occasional issues and contribute where I can. Cheers!

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
Yep, I'll be hanging around to address occasional issues and contribute where I can. Cheers!
Good luck with that Mitch,
Jessica was kind enough to participate with the forum..I think you are asking for numerous headaches..
But it is cool you are here.

Stew

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:25 PM »

Mitch, without referencing planned prints and series, can you mention some projects that will not come to be?

Also, seems that it would be interesting to do a series of prints for older films, something like a Hitchcock director series. Just seems to be heavily weighed on random horror/sci-fi.

I was mistaken,

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
Why don't you people who whack-off to Mondo just ask them if they are going to have a APF exclusive and have done with it.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:37 PM »
Mitch, will you guys do an El Brendel print? No? Why not? Cause no one would want one? 4 people have actually heard of him? Oh ok...

Louie, if you take some time away from what you call photography, and really read the commentary on the Mondo wares over the years here and on the MPF, most folks (me included) have voiced frustrations on Mondo several times for various reasons, to be fair. However, this stuff can be fun to collect, not everything, but some things are great when they get it right.

Thanks for stopping by, though. If you like, I can save you time and post on your behalf with some inane comment on the subject, wouldn't be too hard to figure out what you would deem appropriate or witty...I gotcha covered, brother.

I was mistaken,

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
Mitch, will you guys do an El Brendel print? No? Why not? Cause no one would want one? 4 people have actually heard of him? Oh ok...

Louie, if you take some time away from what you call photography, and really read the commentary on the Mondo wares over the years here and on the MPF, most folks (me included) have voiced frustrations on Mondo several times for various reasons, to be fair. However, this stuff can be fun to collect, not everything, but some things are great when they get it right.

Thanks for stopping by, though. If you like, I can save you time and post on your behalf with some inane comment on the subject, wouldn't be too hard to figure out what you would deem appropriate or witty...I gotcha covered, brother.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... ............................................ ..........................................

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:02:38 PM »

I was mistaken,

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »
Great film.  You probably don't even know what it's from because Mondo hasn't done some shitty silk screen of it.

mcnail

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
Mitch, without referencing planned prints and series, can you mention some projects that will not come to be?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Also, seems that it would be interesting to do a series of prints for older films, something like a Hitchcock director series. Just seems to be heavily weighed on random horror/sci-fi.

Yeah, we're actually working on a couple of new things that could potentially include a bunch of older films. It's far from set in stone yet, but that's always something we keep an eye out for.

Cheers.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Mainly for those who are maybe anticipating certain titles/series that can stop getting their hopes up, stuff that will never come to pass at least in the present to short future. To cross of the list, so to speak.

For example, I have an outside hope that you guys tackle the Bond series, especially in preparation to the new film, the 50th anniversary, etc...just seems like great subject matter for you and your artists to work with and draw new visual life into. But if you guys aren't or cannot, would just be interesting to put an end to hopeful speculation, so to speak.

I was mistaken,

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
I think I can handle this Mitch,
The Smurfs,Mondo will not be putting out any Smurf related stuff.

Stew

mcnail

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 06:27:27 PM »
Mainly for those who are maybe anticipating certain titles/series that can stop getting their hopes up, stuff that will never come to pass at least in the present to short future. To cross of the list, so to speak.

For example, I have an outside hope that you guys tackle the Bond series, especially in preparation to the new film, the 50th anniversary, etc...just seems like great subject matter for you and your artists to work with and draw new visual life into. But if you guys aren't or cannot, would just be interesting to put an end to hopeful speculation, so to speak.

Nothing is out of bounds. In fact, sometimes we are told "no" on certain properties, then they end up changing their minds later. So really, it's hard to say we'll never do something.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »
Appears there was a crap load of new stuff at the gallery, Mitch/anyone have a complete list of artists to print?

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
Just to give credit where credit is due, nice job to Mondo and its team on the new gallery and the new wares that were released in connection with the opening. 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Charlie

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »
Just to give credit where credit is due, nice job to Mondo and its team on the new gallery and the new wares that were released in connection with the opening. 

Man I was thinking of going to the opening (Austin is an hour and a half from here) but I had a wedding to go to.  Alamo had a Big Lebowski shout out showing; print upcoming?

Ah, I am not all that into Mondo anyway...

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »
Dale - the ones I know of are below (if images don't work, here is a good blog post from 411 posters.com - http://411posters.com/2012/03/mondo-gallery-opening/

Ansin - Brazil

Stout - Wrath of Khan

Tong - Forbidden Planet

Kako - War of the Worlds

Horkey - Fantastic Planet

Whalen - Duck Dodgers

Phantom City - A Trip to the Moon

Akira by someone I can't remember

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »
I love the TRIP TO THE MOON!
Ves

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »
They made this French documentary on Méliès last year using the famous design.  I got this poster for it...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)