Author Topic: The flip side of people who complain we "over-pack"!  (Read 8089 times)

Bruce

The flip side of people who complain we "over-pack"!
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:48 AM »
We get some complaints from people who say we "over-pack", and that we should just use one piece of cardboard on each side and put that in a plain envelope!

On the other hand, we often read on forums like these about people who get posters packed like this and arrive mangled.

We sell all over the world, and many of our packages travel huge distances and get mislaid along the way, so we try to truly use "gorilla-proof" packaging.

Here is a case where it really paid off:

A customer from France contacted us that his package had gone missing. We replied that it almost surely would turn up before too long, because in most such cases the items are tied up in customs.

He just e-mailed to tell us the package arrived. Here is what he said:

"Somehow, somewhere in transit, the parcel must have gotten drenched in water or something. The parcel and inner cartons were visibly damaged but thanks to the meticulous packing you do, none of the posters got damaged. Once again I am more than satisfied with your overall service and I look forward to buy more and more stuff from your auctions!"

Of course the Postal Service provided him with no explanation of what occurred (perhaps it fell out of the airplane on the way over and was fished out of the ocean?), and no apology for drenching the package!

Bruce

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: The flip side of people who complain we "over-pack"!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
We get some complaints from people who say we "over-pack", and that we should just use one piece of cardboard on each side and put that in a plain envelope!

On the other hand, we often read on forums like these about people who get posters packed like this and arrive mangled.

We sell all over the world, and many of our packages travel huge distances and get mislaid along the way, so we try to truly use "gorilla-proof" packaging.

Here is a case where it really paid off:

A customer from France contacted us that his package had gone missing. We replied that it almost surely would turn up before too long, because in most such cases the items are tied up in customs.

He just e-mailed to tell us the package arrived. Here is what he said:

"Somehow, somewhere in transit, the parcel must have gotten drenched in water or something. The parcel and inner cartons were visibly damaged but thanks to the meticulous packing you do, none of the posters got damaged. Once again I am more than satisfied with your overall service and I look forward to buy more and more stuff from your auctions!"

Of course the Postal Service provided him with no explanation of what occurred (perhaps it fell out of the airplane on the way over and was fished out of the ocean?), and no apology for drenching the package!

Bruce
Wow,,people genuinely complain about over packing?? astonishing..
Perhaps you could just tie the poster to a pigeon and point it in the general delivery direction..?

Stew

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
Perhaps you could just tie the poster to a pigeon and point it in the general delivery direction..?

Stew

;D ;D

Stew that imagery made my day!
Chris

DreamWarrior

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
It just builds up the suspense when it takes longer to open your box of goodies. ;)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
The only issue I have ever had with Bruce and Heritage's packaging is the filament tape used to secure photos or lobby cards in plastic sleeves to the cardboard and also the back flap of the plastic bag.  It is WAAAAAY too sticky and sometimes I have to use an exacto-knife to get my goods out of the plastic.  Other than that, the packaging is beyond excellent. 

Charlie

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:54:24 PM »
The only issue I have ever had with Bruce and Heritage's packaging is the filament tape used to secure photos or lobby cards in plastic sleeves to the cardboard and also the back flap of the plastic bag.  It is WAAAAAY too sticky and sometimes I have to use an exacto-knife to get my goods out of the plastic.  Other than that, the packaging is beyond excellent. 

I agree. Perhaps just ziplock bags.  The tape is sometimes hard to get off to the point of stressing the contents... 

the chip guy

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »
I fold over about half inch of tape at the end so there is something to grab onto and the tape can be removed easily. I picked that trick up from a card collector who does not like to ruin top loaders with a piece of tape on top.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:17:09 PM »
I fold over about half inch of tape at the end so there is something to grab onto and the tape can be removed easily. I picked that trick up from a card collector who does not like to ruin top loaders with a piece of tape on top.

I think that tip would make a big difference in emovieposter's packaging.  As others have said, the tape/method that is used is the only negative thing about their packaging.

Offline lynaron

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
If I was going to complain, it would be the masking tape also.  I like to reuse/recycle the plastic bags for other purposes and by the time I'm thru getting to my goodie(s), the bag(s) is/are toast.  But it's only a bag and I can be an anal retentive jerk at times (hey, I heard that! ;) )
I'll raise a glass to the illusion but drink to the reality.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
No complaints. It may take a little longer to open the parcel and get to my posters but at least I know they will be in the same condition as when they left Bruce's
David

Steven11788

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
Fuck the haters, i got one today and that thing could of taken a hurricane and made to me