Author Topic: Shipping time from Canada...  (Read 6406 times)

Charlie

Shipping time from Canada...
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:01:42 PM »
How long should it take for a package to come from Canada to Texas?  It has been two weeks... Should I worry?  My three Grace Kelly's are in transit and I am getting anxious...

Juli

Re: Shipping time from Canada...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
I had a poster coming from Canada to Massachusetts take nearly a month to get to me.

~ Juli

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
It really all depends on how it was shipped - i.e. Canada Post vs. UPS or FedEx - and how it was declared for customs.

I would not start sweating it until over 1.5 months really...
Chris

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »
I have bought a few posters from Canada and it took longer than I expected. A month sounds about right to my recollection.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 05:44:26 PM »
for a counterpoint, I bought a poster from Manitoba on Tuesday that arrived here on Saturday via xpresspost.
-Jay-

Charlie

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 05:51:32 PM »
Thanks guys.  The tough thing is that I will be in the new house within a few weeks so I hope it comes before we move... Or I might as well wait to move... :)  Not gonna miss those babies.

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:12 AM »
It really all depends on how it was shipped - i.e. Canada Post vs. UPS or FedEx - and how it was declared for customs.

I would not start sweating it until over 1.5 months really...

Really? Wow...

What are your Customs like, is there duty etc that would hold it up?

I mean for me 6 days from Texas to Sydney on my last parcel, but I'd expect no more than 10 days. So 6 weeks, that is really scary...!
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 01:01:37 AM »
Really? Wow...

What are your Customs like, is there duty etc that would hold it up?

I mean for me 6 days from Texas to Sydney on my last parcel, but I'd expect no more than 10 days. So 6 weeks, that is really scary...!

I am not saying that is a typical timeframe - just that packages get delayed (I know from personal experience with customs going into US and into Canada).  Most times packages usually take less than 2 weeks but I have had things delayed for whatever reason (i.e. duty, taxes, lost and then found, incorrectly described etc) into the month, 6 weeks range.

The fastest international shipping has to be Royal Mail to Canada (even if they can't "handle" a package correctly!)
Chris

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »
This time of year things can slow down a week or two as well.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »
I bought a poster from Canada - shipping was $40 and it took nearly two months to arrive in the UK as it went by boat. I was going to have a moan to the seller, but I checked the postal website and the $40 was the cost price for this very slow shipping.