Author Topic: Terrible ripped off experience with Max at movieposterzone  (Read 5082 times)

Gimpy

Terrible ripped off experience with Max at movieposterzone
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:07:20 PM »
This is a bit of a long story so bear with me. I'll try not to rage too bad during the post but I am extremely ticked off.

Back in August, yes August I purchased 3 posters on eBay from movieposterzone. Max I guess the guy is, and I have seen people say good things about him here so I thought he'd be reputable.

I worked out a deal with him where I would wait a week or two to pay for the posters, he was fine with that. I clicked on the "Request total" with the combined shipping, when I got it I asked him how many posters is the limit for them shipping altogether in one order as I wanted to purchase 2 more.

He responded saying there's no limit, it's all combined shipping prices and I responded saying that's great! I want to purchase 2 more posters, but I will pay for these original 3 first so you see I'm good for the payment. I didn't want to have 5 outstanding payments, a show of good faith more or less.

So I paid for those 3, then I bought out the other 2 shortly after. I sent another request for the total with the expectation of getting the 2 posters prices with discounted shipping because they were all together. No response.

A few weeks later I check the mail and there is a package from him. He had sent the original 3 posters to me. I opened them up and found out that he sent one wrong poster too. I wasn't too happy about that and I messaged him saying ....why did you send these when all 5 were supposed to ship together? Got a message back saying "Oh well I never saw anything that said you wanted them shipped together."

With still no response to the "request total" he opens an unpaid item claim on the 2 posters I bought second. Again I messaged him saying what are you doing? I've sent the request for the total and am waiting to hear back.

Now in my eyes as the consumer I should NOT be paying for full shipping on the second order. I should also not be paying to ship the wrong poster back. That's his screw up not mine.

He responded to me saying I have to send the wrong poster back on my dime and that he'll not charge me shipping for the second order in lieu of sending the wrong one back. Also that he would include the correct poster in the second order. Again I feel like there should be no further expense on my end because it's all his screw up.

He ended up finally sending me the proper order total with no shipping, expecting that I would send the wrong one back on my dime. That was on September 12th. I paid for them on the 16th.

I checked with the post office and the cheapest I can send this one poster tube back to him is over $19. That's not happening as the wrong poster was bought for $15. I wait a few weeks for my posters to arrive, then a month, then 5 weeks and still nothing. So on October 21st I messaged saying where are my posters? He responds: They are packaged and ready to go, just waiting for you to send back the wrong one.

I messaged him yet again and asked to work out a deal because I wasn't going to pay the $19 to ship a $15 poster back. I was thinking either a pre-paid shipping label or something that even I would pay for because it's cheaper than shipping from here in Canada. At that point I just didn't care I wanted my posters. I included that I'd call it even with the wrongly sent poster and just want to money for the second order refunded. The message I sent him asking for the deal was at the beginning of November.

Then earlier this month I messaged him again saying look it's been a month since I asked you if we could work out a deal. You obviously don't want to do that so just give me my money back for the second order....and you guessed it no response.

So now he has 3 posters that I've bought. One being the correct one I ordered and he sent wrong, and the 2 in the order that's substantially more expensive than $15. He won't give me my money back, it's been 4 months and during that time he was jerking me around so much that I can't even file a claim to get my money...and he won't send me the posters.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can handle this? I'm absolutely sick of dealing with this person but I have no desire to let it go. That's one seller I will never, ever be dealing with again. I assume it's been Max all along, that's who the original messages I received were signed with.

I understand a few people on here say he's a stand up guy but from this experience I don't see it. I just urge others to tread cautiously around buying from him.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:26:47 PM by Gimpy »

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
Re: Terrible ripped off experience with Max at movieposterzone
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »
Do what I did and go to the police, so long as you have all correspondence recorded.
And threaten him with the police and court - don't just do it; give him the chance to sort it all out as it is HIS mistake.
If he doesn't acknowledge you or rectify the situation in your favour, then you know what to do.

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »
Sorry to hear your troubles, I'm having my own issues with this guy at the moment...

DreamWarrior

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
I'm surprised to hear about this. I've had nothing but good transactions with him. You've scared me away from him now. Oh well, plenty of other sellers out there. Sorry to here about your troubles.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »
File a PayPal dispute ASAP - the deadline is 45 days.

Leave negative feedback - deadline is 60 days.

If you miss those deadlines you'll lose all leverage.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »
Some of these sellers need to be pointed in the direction of forums like this one, as I won't buy from anyone who as caused problems for any of the members on here. Part of a forum like this is we need to unite to push bad sellers into retirement. They do no good for our hobby. We want to enjoy our interest, not have a fight every time we buy a poster. We have enough problems with the postal service. ;)

You would think with things how are in the world sellers would be only to glad to help and do what they can to keep good customer relations. Sadly there's a few Wankers out there who care-less.

I say Boycott them, it's the only way to hit back....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:45:52 AM by paul waines »
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
File a PayPal dispute ASAP - the deadline is 45 days.

Leave negative feedback - deadline is 60 days.

If you miss those deadlines you'll lose all leverage.

Erm, Mel, did you actually read Gimpy's post?  wynk
He bought these posters back at the beginning of September.

Some of these sellers need to be pointed in the direction of forums like this one, as I won't buy from anyone who as caused problems for any of the members on here. Part of a forum like this is we need to unite to push bad sellers into retirement. They do no good for our hobby. We want to enjoy our interest, not have a fight every time we buy a poster. We have enough problems with the postal service. ;)

You would think with things how are in the world sellers would be only to glad to help and do what they can to keep good customer relations. Sadly there's a few Wankers out there who care-less.

Well said, Paul.

Ad
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

Erm, Mel, did you actually read Gimpy's post?  wynk
He bought these posters back at the beginning of September.

Mel was offering good advice to Gimpy for future purchases.  One does not have to write a precise essay to make a comment.  wynk

I was going to say about the same thing to Gimpy, that you can't wait too long when someone is ripping you off/trying to rip you off, and I wouldn't want that B.S. hanging over my head that long anyway.

Agree.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »
I have bought from him successfully twice but I doubt I will buy anything anytime soon after reading Gimpy's post.

luffy

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:36:24 AM »
i just got 5 posters from him, they got to me fast and they appear to be legit.

i'll add that it was packaged very well in strong tube followed by a rectangle cardboard.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:41:36 AM by luffy »